In A Hurry? Our Top Reasons To Buy
Built For Users Who Want: high-intensity workout sessions but without any jarring impact on their joints and knees.
Bowflex M3 Max Trainer
- Up to two individual profiles.
- Full color backlit display.
- Compact size-will fit in most spaces.
- Max Intelligence Platform enabled.
- 300 lbs Weight Capacity
- Less Time, Max Results with classic 14-minute workout or Max’s dynamic coaching
- 2 Preset workout programs
- Target zone and burn rate indicators
Bowflex M3 is an entry-level model of the MAX Trainer series. It is gentle on your joints and supports speedy calorie burn. Exercising on this trainer can burn calories at up 2.5 times your treadmill rate because it engages not only your lower body but also your upper body.
It comes with various fantastic features that’ll please both beginners and intermediate fitness enthusiasts. This trainer is also great for building and toning lean muscle along the way. It has eight resistance levels that can be changed easily using a twist grip on the right handlebars. Another great perk of Bowflex Max Trainer M3 is that it comes with a wireless chest strap for monitoring heart rate. The straps generate better data and are ideal for the fitness enthusiast who likes to keep on top of their metrics and progress.
It is the best Full body elliptical Trainer for those who prefer to have intense workout sessions without having an impact on knees and joints. With M3 Max, get a gym-quality elliptical style workout without going to the gym and without losing space in your home gym.
In this M3 Trainer review, we’ll take a close look at all the specifications and features this trainer has to offer.
Bowflex Max Trainer M3 Review: First Impressions
|Footprint||46″ L x 25″ W x 63″ H|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Heart Rate||Chest Strap|
- Easy to read display.
- Adjust resistance easily by twisting the handlebar.
- Burn calories and tone muscles all over the body.
- Innovative design combines an elliptical with a stair stepper on a single frame.
- Easy to assemble – takes less than an hour.
- Its 14-minute interval exercise is extremely challenging and rewarding.
- Small footprints, therefore, great for a room with limited space.
- Robust, solid frame that won’t wobble or vibrate even at the highest resistance.
- Wireless heart rate monitoring via a chest strap.
- No in-built sound systems or speakers.
- Only two preset workouts.
Bowflex Max Trainer M3: Detailed Features
- Resistance: It comes with 8-resistance levels that allow you to engage in the workout with a preferred intensity level. You can alter the resistance as you move from amateur to a more advanced workout level with greater intensity.
- Pedals: It comes with easy to use and most comfortable pedals. It enables you to go on with your training session for a longer duration without exerting yourself.
- Grab Handles: It has firm grip handles that provide strong support to the users during the fierce exercise sessions.
- Built-In Programs: It has two programs manual mode and a MAX Interval. Its 14 min Max interval makes it highly recommended for an advanced fitness regimen to achieve desired goals.
- User Profiles: It is perfect for a couple or roommates. With two user profiles, each user can set up their workout metrics and pick up their workouts right where they let off.
- Extras: It has a water bottle holder and a reading rack. The ledge of the shelf is wide enough to hold a book or tablet.
- Heart Rate Monitor: Keep tabs on your pulse rate by using a wireless strap. It helps to ensure that you work out in your target heart rate zone.
- Fitness Meter: It features a dial-style calorie burn rate indicator and backlit LCD. It shows calories, resistance level, and speed. You can control the speed and levels of resistance by a simple click on the dial. Also, it keeps you engaged in the workout.
- Various Intensity Abilities: You can exercise at higher intensity levels than those who exercise on treadmills or do other high-impact forms of exercise.
- Space Saver: This elliptical demands little space as compared to treadmills. The M3 Max measures 46″ x 25,” and its weight is 143 lbs.
Design and Build Quality
It is the original hybrid trainer. Bowflex M3 is a beast when it comes to burning calories as your upper body is equally involved. It beats running, walking, cycling, or even a traditional trainer. This machine fits all the places and owing to its compact size and can be used anywhere. It has ultra-small footprints, which makes it highly useful for optimal results. Also, it provides no impact training sessions. Thus, it is a perfect option for intense training sessions without worrying about injuries.
It has sturdy steel built with commercial grade parts. This makes it long-lasting and performs exceptionally well for a long time. It is the best Max Trainer for 2020.
It comes with 8 different resistance levels. You can change it easily using a twist grip on one of the right handlebars. Since the trainer has an interval training and a manual option, you can control the tension level at a reasonable amount to get the most out of your exercises.
It comes with built-in wheels that make it mobile and usable in space-constrained areas. Its ultra-small footprints make this trainer fit for small areas owing to its compact size. Furthermore, it weighs 143 lbs, which makes it easy to handle and transport for optimal results.
Heart Rate Monitor
The Max Trainer M3 comes with a wireless strap for monitoring heart. This wireless strap yields much better data and helps the user to achieve the desired goal with accurate results. These Max trainers are perfect for fitness enthusiasts who like to keep on top of their progress and workout metrics.
Even on the some cushioned treadmills that put up some degree of impact on your joints and knees. You workout to feel better about yourself and your body.
However, yet some forms of exercise can leave you injured and in pain. Therefore investing in fitness equipment that offers low impact workout is an excellent option. This M3 trainer keeps your joints protected, and you will feel great when you go about your training sessions.
This trainer comes with a compact design and can utilize it with ease and precision. Assembling this machine isn’t a challenging task. If you assemble it own, it shouldn’t take more than 1.5 hours to set the whole thing up as the instruction are very clear. The frame, including flywheels, pedal inner assemblies, and a cooling fan, is already assembled. You’ve to wire the LCD monitor in; that is a simple process with a connector.
Keep in mind that it weighs close to 150 lbs, so working with someone else while assembling is recommended. Or if you don’t want to install it yourself, you can pay the extra $170 free from Bowflex for the in-home expert assembly.
Preset Workouts Programs
This trainer is designed to offer a complete workout for the upper and lower body as well. There are two preprogrammed workouts in this trainer for optimal results.
Max trainer: It is a 14-min workout program that allows you to burn off excess calories in 14 minutes workout trainer compared to traditional ellipticals, treadmills, or stair climbers.
Manual: It allows you to choose the workout and level of intensity as per your convenience. Therefore, the M3 Max offers complete full-body training sessions with cardiovascular programs. It transforms the body and also allows you to shed off excess calories in less time.
Max Trainer Subscription service
The Bowflex Max Trainer App has a medium-sized library of instructor-led exercise classes and pre-recorded workouts. Bowflex gives a free two month trial with the purchase of a Bowflex Max Trainer M6 or M8 and converts to a paid subscription after the trial period ends ($14.99 per month).
This trainer doesn’t have an HD touchscreen display or any other entertainment feature. It has a combination of dial-style calorie burn rate indicator, LCD and simple controls for interval training, user selection, and other features.
This basic console is just what you need to focus on the workout rather than being distracted by video or information that doesn’t matter when you’re looking to get your exercise.
- Calorie counts are never precise, but this seems like fun. It is a different way to get immediate feedback and keep the heart rate on track.
- It also tracks total workout time, pulse rate, hard/easy HIIT interval times.
- You can make and save user profiles with weight, height, and total workout time for each person who uses this M3 trainer.
What’s covered by the warranty?
Bowflex backed this trainer with a valid warranty that makes it value for money. It comes with a one-year full-coverage warranty.
Return Policy: If you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase, contact Bowflex Customer Service department at (800) 605-3369 within six weeks of delivery. And get your money back, ship back for a refund of the buying price.
Benefits of Bowflex Max Trainer
Lightweight cardio Equipment: It has a smaller footprint than a standard home treadmill. This compact exercise machine is limited in its function but still provides more users with a good workout. Moreover, M3 has a manageable size and can be moved around in your home when needed.
Quiet: Noise level will be based on user preference, and some may not care if one elliptical or treadmill sounds louder than another. However, for households with more people, sleeping babies, smaller spaces, or shared walls, noise can quickly become a problem.
Full Body Workout: It gives your upper body more opportunities to join in on the workout. Depending on your efforts, you can engage all part or none of the upper body.
This hybrid trainer is a compact machine, able to fit into most home gyms settings. With this M3 trainer M3, you can get a quick, effective, safe cardio workout with muscle toning in your legs, arms, and trunk.
This Bowflex Max Trainer comes with eight different resistance levels that are enough to keep you challenged as you progress. Overall this train is excellent that allows smooth and natural movements of the body resulting in power-packed cardiovascular workout sessions.
This M3 is the perfect choice if you prefer to have portable and convenient use of the max trainer® at an affordable price.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between M3 and M5?
Bowflex Max Trainers series is designed to help you burn 2.5 times more calories. These two trainers look a bit similar to each other. Bowflex M5 provides 16 resistance levels and 9 built-in programs. On the other side, M3 is a much more simplified version of the Max Trainer.
2. Is the M3 Max Trainer is hard on your knees?
It is built to reduce the impact on your joints. Also, those with knee injuries will be able to work out effectively using this Treadclimber.
3. How often should I use the Bowflex Trainer?
Bowflex recommends that you can use this trainer at least three times a week for 14-minute intervals. By following a simple usage guide, you should be able to see results from using it in a short amount of time.