Bowflex Max Trainer
Built For Users Who Want: a personalized coach to train and motivate them. It offers the best combination of an elliptical and stair stepper machine.
- Up to four individual profiles.
- Full color backlit display.
- Compact size-will fit in most spaces.
- Max Intelligence Platform enabled.
- 300 lbs Weight Capacity.
- Bluetooth heart rate compatible.
- Less Time, Max Results with classic 14-minute workout or Max’s dynamic coaching.
If you are looking for an effective way to get yourself in shape, this Bowflex M8 Trainer is great for you. It is an excellent way to burn calories, strengthen your core, and build endurance. It is best of all, and you can do this in 14 minutes per day.
This Max M8 Trainer is a high-end HIIT cardio machine designed to give you an intense workout. It combines the movement patterns of a steeper and an elliptical. In other words, a stair master with the moving handlebars of an elliptical.
It includes interval-style workouts built to work you harder in less time. Furthermore, it combines the low-impact perks of an elliptical with the cardio intensity of a home treadmill. Maximum trainer’s intensity is more than that of a standard elliptical while being gentler on joints than running on a treadmill.
This is the best alternative for anyone uncomfortable on a treadmill, recovering from an injury but still require intense cardio or new to fitness. Bowflex Max Trainer M8 fits in most residential spaces and easy to transport.
In this write-up, we will take a close look at all the specifications and features this Trainer has to offer.
Bowflex Max Trainer M8 Review: First Impressions
|Bowflex Max Trainer M8 Specifications|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Dimensions||47.9″ x 30.8″ x 65.2″|
Reasons To Buy
- In-built 29 preset programs.
- Delivers the best result with HIIT workouts.
- Burn rate console for calories count.
- Compatible with Bluetooth.
- Touch sensor for heart rate monitor.
- Multi-grip handlebars.
- Smart Tech Max Intelligence software.
Reasons To Avoid
- Does not support a cooling fan.
Bowflex Max Trainer M8: Detailed Specifications
This Max Trainer is one of the best exercise training cycles. It is an excellent choice for beginners to advanced fitness levels. This personal trainer is built to offer the user combined movements of an elliptical and a stair stepper that makes for a great low-impact workout.
- Resistance: It offers 20 resistance levels that will work great for novices as well as advanced users. It can optimize your workout with improved levels of resistance to make you fit and healthy. If you need less intensity workout sessions, then pick Bowflex M6 Max Trainer.
- Workout Programs: It comes with 7-pre programmed workouts, including a 14 minutes interval, 7-minute interval, 21 min interval, fat, calorie, stairs, and manual.
- Multi-grip Handles: As your intensity and resistance levels increase and decrease, your hand positions will change and adapt. The grip makes it comfortable and safe as you transition from level to level.
- Screen: It features an enhanced dual-mode LCD/LED display that makes it simple to read. There is a unique display that shows calories burned and increased activity.
- Heart Rate Monitor: It is easy to read your stats without missing a beat via the touch grip.
- Media Rack: It is large and more impressive than most. It is suited above the calorie monitor, so you would not have to block that screen with your tablet.
- Fitness Meter: It features a revamped console with a classic design and a cup holder above the console. It displays speed, time, distance, intensity, calories, and heart rate monitoring. You can connect it with the performance pack Samsung Tablet and BowFlex Max Intelligence app through Bluetooth.
- Pedals: It comes with comfortable pedals with better cushioning to keep feet well supported throughout the entire workout sessions.
It is one of the best-selling fitness equipment as it has premium-grade build quality. The solid, sturdy, and high-end performance comes packed with dimensions 47.9″ x 30.8″ x 65.2″. It is crafted for a wide variety of users with a weight limit of 300 pounds.
It has got a redesigned console that has dual LCD/LED mode with an aesthetic appeal. It features magnetic media racks for placing phones, tablets, or books that improve the overall look of the console.
The burn rate console provides vitals of calories burnout, and it is connected with Bluetooth. There are contact grips along with an armband that allows monitoring of the heart. The Smart User can enjoy syncing the console with Bowflex Intelligence App and get a Performance Pack with a tablet or a Bowflex mat. Overall the machine proves to be dynamic equipment that delivers incredible results.
High Octane Construction: The M8 is made with high-quality materials that are lightweight, durable, and even feel nice to touch. It also uses some next-level materials like ergonomic handgrips and stainless-steel pedals.
Performance Pack Upgrade
You have the option of spending a few hundred dollars extra for the premium performance pack. It compromises the above intelligence trainer along with a Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6″ Tablet, a machine mat, and an armband heart rate monitor.
It comes with 20 resistance levels, offering you a wide range of intensities to select from. It has enough muscles to challenge folks of all fitness levels, including beginners and elite athletes.
Resistance is a combination of magnetic and fan-based. You can have the benefits of both at the same time. Magnetic resistance is more effective because the resistance is constant, regardless of how fast you pedal. On the other side, fan base resistance is good as the faster you pedal, the more resistance you get.
Combining them provides you with a constant resistance at low speeds but a more intense counteraction the faster you push.
Bowflex provides a subscription-based app that has various great features.
- Dynamic Coaching: In this mode, the Max speaks directly to you and motivates you through workouts.
- Customized Workouts: It personalized daily exercise for your fitness level.
- Premium Video Workout: The Trainer led videos are recommended based on your fitness level.
The Max App connects in real-time to your workouts. Therefore your progress is always up to date. You will require a device, your tablet, or your phone to connect to the app. This app is available for both Android and IOS.
Moreover, through the integrated Bluetooth, the trainer will connect to your app and updating your progress.
It is compact-sized equipment with its smaller footprints that make it easily adjustable to any place. You will need to allow for a workout area of 78.5″ x 97″. You require to consider the height of the user when you are thinking about the overall height required. As it has an upright orientation, take the pedal height and user height into account.
Furthermore, you can move the machine by tilting it using the aero bar grips onto the transport rollers. Depending on how strong you are, you may be able to move it alone or may need a friend to help.
Its pedals are designed like an aerodynamic, give a nice wide area for your foot to rest. Furthermore, the design fits many different foot sizes, so you do not need to worry about it if you have Sasquatch-sized feet. They feature rubber dots that come in contact with the bottom of your shoes to make sure you stay in place.
The Max M8 boasts an upgraded console with an enhanced dual-mode display and 29 in-built programs. It includes a burn rate meter that displays you when you are burning the most calories.
There is a media rack above the console for a smartphone or tablet. Thus, you can easily watch movies and your favorite shows as you work out.
It provides four user profiles. This means up to 4 different users can store their data, and they can all individually track progress with its Max intelligence feature. Hence, these Max Trainers are perfect option for home gym for multiple user families.
Preset Workouts Programs
This Max Trainer offers an incredible range of workout sessions that consists of calorie burn, stairs, fat burn, max 7-min interval, manual, max 14-min interval, and max 21-minute for workout programs.
You can perform a HIIT workout with Bowflex Max Intelligence App that works as a trained coach by assembling fitness levels. The app allows you to perform with a dedication to achieving your fitness goals by providing challenging workouts.
Moreover, there are 29 workout videos provided by Bowflex, where 17 videos are free, and 12 videos are accessed through a monthly or annual subscription. Its burnout console motivates to work harder as each calorie burned shows on the screen and engages in achieving more.
Its assembly is straightforward for most people. The instruction is clear, with large and easy-to-understand images. It provides a chart with all the hardware, including scale images of every piece. The frame comes with pre-assembled features. You have to attach the base, the pedals, handles, and then the console.
There are only 11 steps to completion, and it takes 1 to 2 hours. It includes all the necessary tools. You can buy a machine mat, a non-slip rubber surface, as it will add a layer of protection to the floor.
What’s covered by the warranty?
- Frame: 3 years
- Parts: 3 years
- Labor: 90 days
Overall, the Bowflex Max Trainer M8 is the most impressive for its ergonomically friendly design, compact frame, smooth motions, and Bowflex Max App. It is a bit on the expensive side, but it does allow for an excellent workout. The machine is made for a wider range of users and adaptable no matter your fitness level. Bowflex offers good customer services.
The large pedals, burn rate meter, and multi-grip handles all add to the comfort and enjoyment of using this machine. Moreover, the Bowflex JRNY app is an excellent addition if you are fine with a monthly subscription free.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is The Difference Between Of Max Trainer M7 and M8?
Mechanically, they are similar, with the main difference being that the M8 has a new console. It has a slightly more excellent display and works with Max’s app-based coaching platform.
2. How Much Does The Max Intelligence App Cost?
The subscription is $14.99 per month, or you can go with a subscription for $149 per year. You can cancel at any time.
You can still use the app without a subscription and access free workouts, videos, etc. It provides you access to even more content.
- Best Elliptical Machines Under $500
- Best Ellipticals Under $1000
- Best Folding Elliptical
- Nautilus E616 Elliptical
- Nordictrack Elite 10.9
- ProForm Endurance 520E Elliptical
- Proform Pro 9.9 Elliptical
- Schwinn 411 Elliptical
- Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine
- Sole E25 Elliptical
- Sole E95S Elliptical
- Sole Fitness E55 Review