If you are looking for an effective way to get yourself in shape, this Bowflex M8 Trainer is great for you. It is an excellent way to burn calories, strengthen your core, and build endurance. Best of all, you can do this in 14 minutes per day.
This Max M8 Trainer is a high-end HIIT cardio machine designed to give you an intense workout. It combines the movement patterns of a steeper and an elliptical, in other words, a stair master with the moving handlebars of an elliptical.
It includes interval-style workouts built to work you harder in less time. Furthermore, it combines the low-impact perks of an elliptical with the cardio intensity of a home treadmill. Max trainer’s intensity is more than that of a standard elliptical while being gentler on joints than running on a treadmill.
It is the best alternative for anyone uncomfortable on a treadmill, recovering from an injury but still require intense cardio or new to fitness. Bowflex Max Trainer M8 fits in most residential spaces and easy to transport.
In this review, we’ll take a close look at all the specifications and features this Trainer has to offer.
Bowflex Max Trainer M8 Review: First Impressions
|Resistance levels: 20||Users: 4|
|Display: Interactive dual-mode Backlit LCD||Heart rate: Contact grips|
|Weight Limit: 300 lbs||Programs: 29|
|Footprints: 47.9″x30.8″x65.2″||Media Shelf: Magnetic|
- Performance pack offers a Samsung Galaxy Tab and a Mat.
- 29 in-built workout programs.
- It delivers results in less time with HIIT workout.
- Features a burn rate console for calorie count.
- Bluetooth compatible for tablet, heart rate monitor and fitness app.
- Heart rate monitor in touch sensors or an armband available for additional purchase.
- Smart Tech Max Intelligence software makes a more personalized workout plan catering to each individual that uses machine.
- Multi-grip handlebars with extra cushioning.
- Allows you to get a great amount of workout in a shorter amount of time.
- It doesn’t support a cooling fan.
Bowflex Max Trainer M8: Detailed Features
- Resistance: It offers 20 resistance levels that will work great for novices as well as advanced users. It can optimize your workout with improved levels of resistance to make you fit and healthy. If you need less intensity workout sessions, then pick Bowflex M6 Max Trainer.
- Workout Programs: It comes with 7-pre programmed workouts, including a 14-minute interval, 7-min interval, 21-min interval, fat, calorie, stairs, and manual.
- Multi-grip handles: As your intensity and resistance levels increases and decreases, your hand positions will change and adapt. The grip makes it comfortable and safe as you transition from level to level.
- Screen: It features a dual-mode LCD/LED display that makes it simple to read. There is a unique display that shows calories burned and increased activity.
- Heart Rate Monitor: It is easy to read your stats without missing a beat via the touch grip.
- Media Rack: It is large and more impressive than most. It is situated above the calorie monitor, so you won’t have to block that screen with your tablet.
- Fitness Meter: It features a revamped console with classic design and a cup holder above the console. It displays speed, distance, time, intensity, calories, and heart rate monitor. You can connect it with the performance pack Samsung tablet and Bowflex Max Intelligence app through Bluetooth.
- Pedals: It comes with comfortable pedals that have better cushioning to keep feet well supported throughout the entire workout sessions.
It is one of the best-selling fitness equipment as it has premium-grade build quality. The solid, sturdy, and high-end performance comes packed with dimensions 47.9″ x 30.8″ x 65.2″. It is crafted for a vast variety of users with a weight limit of 300 pounds.
It has got a redesigned console that has dual LCD/LED mode with an aesthetic appeal. It features magnetic media racks for placing phones, tablets, or books that improve the overall look of the console.
The burn rate console provides vitals of calorie burnout and is connected with Bluetooth. There are contact grips along with an armband that allows monitoring of the heart. The Smart user can enjoy syncing the console with Bowflex Intelligence App and get a Performance Pack with a Samsung tablet and a Bowflex mat. Overall the machine proves to be dynamic equipment that delivers incredible results.
It is compact-sized equipment with its smaller footprints, which makes it easily adjustable to any place. You’ll need to allow for workout area of 78.5″ x 97″. You also require to take into account the height of the user when you’re thinking about the overall height required. As it has an upright orientation, take the pedal height and user height into account.
Furthermore, you can move the machine by tilting it using the aero bar grips onto the transport rollers. Depending on how strong you are, you may be able to move it alone or may need a friend to help.
High Octane Construction
The M8 is made with high-quality materials that are lightweight, durable, and even feel nice to touch. It also uses some next-level materials like ergonomic handgrips and stainless steel pedals.
Performance Pack Upgrade
You also have the option of spending a few hundred dollars extra for the premium performance pack. It comprises of the above Intelligence trainer along with a Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6″ Tablet, machine mat, and an armband heart rate monitor.
Its assembly is straightforward for most people. The instructions are clear, with large and easy to understand images. It provides a chart with all the hardware, including to scale images of every piece. The frame comes pre-assembled. You’ve to attach the base, the pedals, the handles, and then the console.
There are only 11 steps to completion, and it takes 1-2 hours. It also includes all the necessary tools. You can buy a machine mat, a non-slip rubber surface, as it’ll add a layer of protection to the floor.
Preset Workouts Programs
The Max Trainer offers an incredible range of workout sessions that consists of calorie burn, stairs, fat burn, max 7-minute interval, manual, max-14 minute interval, and max 21-minute workout programs.
You can also perform HIIT workout with Bowflex Max Intelligence App that works as a trained coach by assessing fitness levels. The app allows you to perform with a dedication to achieving your fitness goals by providing challenging workouts.
Moreover, there are 29 workout videos provided by Bowflex, where 17 videos are free, and 12 videos are accessed through a monthly or annual subscription. Its burnout console motivates to work harder as each calorie burned shows on the screen and engages in achieving more.
The Max M8 boasts an upgraded console with an enhanced with dual-mode display and 11 in-built programs. It also includes a burn rate meter that displays you when you are burning the most calories.
There is a media rack above the console for a smartphone or tablet. Therefore you can easily watch movies and your favorite shows as you workout.
It also provides four user profiles. This means up to 4 different users can store their data, and they can all individually track progress with its Max intelligence feature. Hence, this Trainer is a perfect option for multiple user families.
It comes with 20 resistance levels, offering you a wide range of intensities to select from. It has enough muscle to challenge folks of all fitness levels, including beginners and elite athletes.
Resistance is a combination of magnetic and fan-based. You can have the benefits of both at the same time. Magnetic resistance is more effective because the resistance is constant, regardless of how fast you pedal. On the other side, fan base resistance is good as the faster you pedal, the more resistance you get.
Combining them provides you with a constant resistance at low speeds, but a more intense counteraction, the faster you push.
Bowflex provides a subscription-based app that has various great features.
- Dynamic Coaching: In this mode, the Max speak directly to you and motivates you through workouts.
- Customized workouts: It personalized daily exercises for your fitness level.
- Premium Video Workout: The Trainer led videos recommended based on your fitness level.
The Max App connects in real-time to your workouts. Therefore your progress is always up to date. You’ll require a device, your tablet, or phone to connect to the app. This app is available for both Android and IOS.
Moreover, through the integrated Bluetooth, the Trainer will connect to your app and updating your progress.
Its pedals are designed to be aerodynamic, give a nice wide area for your foot to rest. Furthermore, the design fits a lot of different foot sizes, so you don’t worry if you’ve Sasquatch sized feet. They feature rubber dots that come in contact with the bottom of your shoe to make sure you stay in place.
What’s covered by the warranty?
- Frame: 3 years
- Parts: 3 years
- Labor: 90 days
Bowflex Protection Plan – $219.005 Years on Parts, and 5 Years Labor Extended warranties are available for purchase.
Overall, the Bowflex M8 is the most impressive for its ergonomically friendly design, compact frame, and smooth motions, and Bowflex Max App. It is a bit on the expensive side, but it does allow for an excellent workout. The machine is made for a wider range of users and adaptable no matter your fitness level. Bowflex offers good customer service.
The large pedals, burn rate meter, and multi-grip handles all add to the comfort and enjoyment of using this machine. Furthermore, the Bowflex JRNY app is a great addition if you are fine with a monthly subscription fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between Max Trainer M7 and M8?
Mechanically, they’re similar, with the main difference being that the M8 has a new console. It has a slightly nicer display and works with Max app-based coaching platform.
The main reason is the latest coaching platform couldn’t directly interact with the M7, so Bowflex updated the M7 with the new console. The M8 has fewer preset workouts, outside of the app. However, the M7 has 11 apps, and the M8 has 7.
2. How much does the Max Intelligence App cost?
The subscription is $14.99 per month, or you can go with a subscription for $149 per year. Also, you can cancel at any time.
You can still use the app without a subscription and access free workouts, videos, etc. It provides you access to even more content.