HIIT training has taken at-home exercise to new heights, as more and more people are looking to squeeze short but high-intensity workouts in their busy schedule. This trainer combines elliptical and stepper motions to deliver an effective total body workout without excessive joint strain or stress. It has a unique part to play in home gyms as well as commercial ones.
It is very solid, and regardless of the intensity of your machine is firm and stable. It is a perfect solution for many exercisers who want fast fitness improvement without the risk of causing impact-related health problems.
ProForm Cardio HIIT Trainer adds upper body movement, thereby letting you activate your hamstrings, glutes, quads, triceps, and biceps. Various non-essential features such as preset training programs, music speakers, iFit connectivity round out an eye-catching list of specs.
ProForm Cardio HIIT Trainer Review: First Impressions
|Resistance levels: 24||Resistance Type: magnetic|
|Stride Length: 10||Preset Programs: 32|
|Weight Limit: 350 lbs||Pedals: Oversized and Cushioned|
|Footprints: 52″ L x 29.5″ W x 65.2″ H||Display: 7″ Backlit|
What We Like
- Burn calories faster with a Vertical Elliptical motion
- Heavy 28 lbs Flywheel adds stability
- Low impact for a more comfortable workout.
- iFit workouts and stats tracking available with a subscription
- The in-built sound system lets you plug in your device and listen to your favorite playlist through speakers.
- Compact design great for small spaces
What We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t have a wireless heart rate monitor.
ProForm Cardio HIIT Trainer: Detailed Features
- Resistance: It comes with 24 resistance settings from a 28 lb flywheel accommodate a wide range of ability levels. Also, the programs control the resistance, and one-touch controls make it possible to adjust the tension during training.
- Workout Programs: a certified personal trainer guide user designs 32 workout apps. Progress ch is displayed on a 7-inch display along with stats for time, speed, distance, and calories.
- Pedals: It offers low impact motion that makes the workout more comfortable. Also, the machine provides machine cushioned pedals. Its oversized pedals let you reposition their feet whenever you feel uncomfortable.
- Multigrip Handlebars: Handlebar on this Trainer move with resistance and offer various grip positions to alter the training effects. It isolates muscles in your arms, shoulders, back, and core.
- Console: There is a sturdy bracket right above the console where you can fix your smartphone or tablet. You can entertain yourself with your favorite shows while you workout. Moreover, you can browse social media, connect to the iFit app, and find new programs to challenge yourself.
- Compact Design: This Smart HIIT trainers require less space than the average home cardio trainer. Its dimensions are 66″ L x 29.5″ W x 39″ H.
- Total Body Training: It activates major muscle groups throughout the body. It promotes a much higher rate of calorie burn compared with a standard treadmill by adding upper body movement.
- Tablet Holder: It has a media shelf and a water bottle holder. Its console can be connected easily to your tablet or iPod.
Proform provides 26 level resistance. Its resistance is Eddy Current Magnetic that is best because the parts don’t wear out, and the operation is quiet.
The resistance is great enough to challenge all levels of athletes. Furthermore, you can change the resistance levels from multiple places. It can be adjusted from the handlebars, controls at the bottom of the console, and quick buttons on the console’s sides. Therefore, you don’t require to take your hands off the grips to change tensions throughout an intense workout.
Incline and Stride
There are fixed 10-inches vertical path and 5 inches fixed horizontal elliptical path that makes the ProForm HIIT Trainer Pro a 2-in-1 machine. Its incline provides a challenging workout for professional athletes as well.
Like all the traditional elliptical, the HIIT Trainer provides you with a zero-impact experience to prevent joint and back stress.
Handlebars and Pedals
Its multi-functional handlebars allow you have four different grips. Proform trainer provides the variety to stay motivated and exercise longer on the machine. Its stationary handlebars are perfect for working on your lower body and core.
However, moving handlebars enable you to do a full-body workout and burn more calories. They have built-in controls and heart rate sensors as well. You can change music volume and resistance without getting your hands off the machine.
It has two over-sized non-slip cushioned pedals to fit any feet size. The large size gives stability and enables you to change the foot positions to how you feel comfortable.
The stepping action on this machine is very smooth. Its footpads are oversized and cushioned for additional comfort. With stepping action, user feet never leave the pedals that mean a very low-impact and comfortable workout. Also, the user weight capacity is up to 350 lbs.
One plus point that this trainer comes with an in-built cool fan. It is perfect for users that get warm exercising in their homes.
It is a heavy-duty machine as it weighs 85 kg. The trainer assembly process is time-consuming and is quite tough. It takes around 1 hour to assemble it successfully. Though the package comes with the ProForm Trainer manual offers the step-by-step instructions, you might also need additional help in the process.
The instructions on manual are clear and easy to follow. Furthermore, there are transportation wheels, so once assembled, you can move it easily from one location to another.
Preset Workouts Programs
Proform provides 32 preset workouts that are enough to keep you exercising long without getting bored—these programs designed by a certified trainer. It features a 7″ data screen that displays distance, speed, time, pulse, and calories burned.
If you are time-starved, want to be in shape, or love being motivated, the iFit Coach will take your workout to a whole new level. It makes your exercise equipment a lot more fun and engaging to use.
- It provides HIIT training as well as low impact workouts that is a good combination.
- It can be used with an iFit membership. It allows you to download unlimited, including customized exercise routines, Google maps workouts that show interactive street views, and video workouts from leading certified personal trainers.
- In trainer-led classes, the resistance syncs to what the trainer is doing. Therefore, you can just focus on your workout and no tension about adjusting speed and incline.
- Also, iFit subscribers get advanced stats tracking. You can take part in physical challenges posted by other iFit users.
The console on this elliptical is bright and backlit. It is a 10″ smart HD touchscreen with an in-built browser. It comes with all the key feedback, including intensity, speed, time, distance, calories, and heart rate.
It can connect to WiFi and Bluetooth. It is also compatible with the iFit App, Mp3, and iPod devices. You can watch youtube videos and search through your favorite websites while on the fly. You can easily check your workout stats with a swipe on a screen.
It doesn’t have a user profile built in the console. You can’t save your routine workout data on the console, but you can save on the iFit app.
What’s covered by the warranty?
- Frame: Lifetime
- Parts: 3 years
- Labor: 1 year
ProForm also gives a 30-day money-back guarantee for fitness equipment purchased factory-direct.
ProForm High-intensity interval trainer offers extraordinary joint protection while outperforming traditional treadmills, ellipticals, and steepers in various ways. It can deliver impressive results in a short time.
It is made up of high-grade material and ensures you do not injure your knees and joints while you perform HIIT workouts. It is one of the best ellipticals for home use and is perfect for apartments where there is a shortage of space.
Its resistant handlebars give a boxing-like motion and 24 tension levels. You can easily make adjustments on the one-touch controls. This trainer activates muscle groups during the body workout. It promotes a higher rate of calorie burn.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is HIIT Training?
High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is a popular type of exercise training built to improve cardiovascular fitness in a short amount of time.
2. How Do I Do HIIT Workouts On This Machine?
These workouts are performed on this trainer in the same way as any other elliptical. You can simply select one of the built-in programs with variable resistance.
3. What is the Stride Length for an elliptical trainer?
It is the longest distance between the two pedals. It is measured from the toe of the front pedal to the heel of the backpedal.