Schwinn 470 Elliptical Machine
Built For Users Who Want: Low impact machine that is easy on your muscles and joints and can even help you recover from injury.
- 20” elliptical stride length.
- 29 programs, 4 user settings and goal tracking.
- Large easy to read console.
- Bluetooth data export.
- 300 lbs Weight Limit.
- Quiet, frictionless fan that keeps you cool.
Are you looking for quality fitness equipment at a reasonable price for home use?
It offers great cardio workout also, leg and arm workout. This machine is a low impact, which means it is easy on your muscles and joints. It can help you recover from injury. It provides many advanced features that you might expect from a more expensive elliptical.
Schwinn 470 Elliptical Trainer can be used in home gym and for fitness enthusiasts of any skill level who want a low impact workout. Regular use of this trainer will increase heart and lung capacity while improves your health and burn calories.
This upgraded model uses 25 levels of magnetic brake resistance using an eddy current brake. Overall, this home elliptical is popular for combining low budget with good ergonomics and impressive workout variety.
Schwinn 470 Elliptical Review: First Impressions
|Resistance Type||Eddy Current Magnetic|
|Incline Type||10° manual ramp range with 6 positions|
|Display||SchwinnConnect 2 LCD|
|Heart Rate||Contact grips|
|Weight Limit||300 lbs|
|Footprints||70.1″ x 28.2″ x 63.2″|
|Warranty||10 years frame, 2 years mechanical, 1 year electrical, 90 days labor|
|Handlebars||Moving and static|
Reasons To Buy
- Smooth and comfortable to ride.
- Sturdy and well built.
- Very Quiet.
- The incline is motorized so that you don’t have to set manually.
- Comfortable 20-inch stride length.
- Transfer metrics via Bluetooth to the Explore the World App.
- Compatible with runsocial.
- Sound system for MP3 player.
- Multi-speed cooling fan.
Reasons To Avoid
- No wireless heart rate receiver.
- Pedals don’t have an adjustable angle.
Schwinn 470 Elliptical: Detailed Specifications
The Schwinn 470 is a quiet-running smooth machine with some great features that will get you fit and helps to track your performance from workout to workout.
- Power Incline: It provides 6 position incline up to 10°. It is best for hikers or trail runners as it adds another level of challenge and realism.
- Programs: It consists of 29 workout programs, including 12 profiles, nine heart rate controls, four custom profiles, 2-fitness test, one recovery test, and a rapid start option.
- Weight Limit: It can hold a maximum user weight of 300 pounds.
- Size: It has a stride length of 20 inches. The machine is quite large; therefore, you’ll need a significant amount of space.
- Resistance: It comes with 25 levels of resistance that is more than enough for you to progress towards fitness goals.
- Noise: It is one of the quietest elliptical machines you’ll ride on and easily watch TV, listen to music and read.
- Fan: There is a 3-speed fan that generates a breeze as you workout.
- Handlebars: The machine features ergonomically placed static handlebars with a grip pulse rate for comfortable use with heart rate programs.
The machine measures 70″ long, 28″ wide, and 63″ tall. It features an oversized crossbar, a front flywheel, and center frame support. Overall, it looks and feels solid. There are small wheels on the front of the elliptical to move it around if required. It is the best elliptical machine.
However, it is quite heavy, at 164 lbs. It can accommodate users upto 300 pounds. And the best thing is that it features a 20″ stride with Schwinn’s Precision Path Foot Motion Technology. It is designed to mimic a natural running motion.
The angle and large size of pedals are great, and you’ll never felt strained while training. Everything feels natural, and placement of the moving handlebars.
Drive and Stride
It features a heavy flywheel and weighs approx 20 pounds that add a lot of smoothness to the ride. This elliptical trainer is a belt-driven and uses a heavy-duty belt. Also, the crank arms are made of sturdy steel, but they feature plastic covers.
Its pedals are made of a tough polymer and a ribbed design to supply your shoes’ max adherence. It comes with articulation and cushioning to alleviate the impact on ankles and foot tendons. Moreover, they feature a 2° outward tilt to secure a more comfortable stepping motion.
Its arms use one set of rollers to glide on the rails of the machine. The stride on this elliptical is not adjustable. It provides a 20″ stride. The plus point is that pedaling backward. Yes, you can pedal backward on this machine. When driving in reverse, you’ll benefit from the same resistance as you would by pedaling normally.
It includes a lot of convenient features that make workouts user-friendly. It comes with an in-built 3-speed fan, bottle holder, MP3 port, USB charging port, and media shelf. You can place a tablet on a shelf to read or follow with a training app.
The media shelf is situated in such a way that you can keep an eye on your progress on the display while reading or watching TV on your device. It also features built-in acoustic chamber speakers for high-quality sound.
It features two sets of handlebars on this machine, both mobile and fixed. These have a rubberized grip for comfort and can support a variety of workout postures. There are sensors located at the handlebars that relay the pulse rate information back to the display.
Also, it features two accessory holders that offer space for a water bottle holder. It is compatible with a remote, phone, or small accessories.
Preset Workouts Programs
The Schwinn 470 console arrives with a good mix of preset workouts. Also, it lets four users save their elliptical workout routines. The data are shown on a large blue backlit LCD.
Its 29 program options consist of the following categories:
- 12 profile programs (4 Fun Rides, 4 Mountains, 4 Challenges)
- Quick-start (manual mode)
- Three fitness tests (beginner, advanced and recovery)
- Four user-defined programs
- Nine pulse rate control programs (4 beginner + 4 advanced + custom)
It tracks time, distance, and calories. Also, it monitors and detects pulse using contact and telemetry built into the handlebars. After holding the sensors for about 10 seconds, the information is transferred to the display. It also provides the capability to use a heart rate chest strap.
Schwinn incorporated one of the best console in this elliptical trainer to provide ease and enjoy an efficient workout session.
It features two monitors one of 1.0″ x 5.0″ and one of 3.0″ x 5.0″. These LCD’s have blue backlit screens for easy reading. Its wider monitor focuses on the selected workout and your goal percentage. And the smaller monitor displays the main values, like time, speed, distance, RPM, and calories.
The console comes with the Schwinn 470 is quite an inclusive one. It integrates with various amenities like sound system, cooling fan, and tablet tray.
- The fan has three-speed settings.
- With the first button, it turns on at max speed, the second push button will adjust it to medium speed, and the third will set it to lowest speed while the fourth button will shut down.
- Its fan will automatically start when you reach higher speeds.
- The sound system supply a better sound than the speakers of the average smartphone or tablet. The console doesn’t feature volume buttons,
- There is a tablet shelf placed under the wider monitor of the console.
- It is compatible with SchwinnConnect and MyFitnessPal.
- It features a USB port that allows you to transfer your workout data for superior analysis and tracking.
It is a great way to track our workouts and measure performance. All of our stats from elliptical activities like time, distance and calories are automatically loaded to the app after every session.
You can connect the machine and your stats to other apps such as MyFitnessPal or RunSocial. This app lets you “ride” through scenic routes and locations. Moreover, it works with GoogleFit, Apple Health, and MapMyRun/Ride. These metrics can be transferred using Bluetooth.
You will get excellent performance with this fitness equipment, like the elliptical machines present at the gym. Besides, this Schwinn elliptical offers 29 workout programs.
There are nine heart rate control options, four custom user profiles, one recovery test, two tests, and a quick start. It is all designed to help you build a workout that provides you with the result you want.
It is a high-grade, high functioning workout machine. With Schwinn 470, there’s no excuse to skip a workout.
It features an EC brake system that involves a magnetic mechanism brake controlled by a servo motor. By adjusting resistance, you’ll adjust the magnets pull to the flywheel or reducing tension to the elliptical motion.
It can be controlled only via the console unit. Also, it supplies 25 levels of resistance. The resistance level adjusts gradually or via the quick keys. When you use the on-board fitness programs, the equipment will adjust resistance automatically.
It requires to be connected to a power source as it uses a power-driven incline and resistance system. It comes with 120 volts 60Hz AC input, U.S. standard adapter.
It makes available the adjustment of the ramp during your workout. You don’t have to interrupt your workout to adjust the ramp. It features a manual incline system. The adjustments are made exclusively via the machine’s console.
It comes with keys for gradual adjustment and keys for quick adjustment. Moreover, if you are using the programs that involve incline, it’ll adjust automatically.
It offers a ramp of up to 10°, with ten positions ant the 0° setting. At maximum incline, the top pedal stands at 22″ above floor level.
The machine is quite heavy, and it’s best to be assembled in the area where it’ll be in use. Its assembly may need the help of another person. The process isn’t complicated, but it may take more than an hour as there are quite many parts to put together.
Attach the main pieces of the frame and add the front stabilizer with the wheels, lateral legs, console mast, pedals, mobile arms, and the console after you connect the wires. It also includes the required tools. You’ll also get a copy of the user’s manual that provides clear instructions regarding the assembly.
This 470 is a robust, one of high-end Elliptical machines that is powered with amazing features. The high resistance, quiet & smooth ride, and connectivity have increased the quality of your workouts. The computer has various great options, but the best feature is automatically adjusting the incline while exercising.
It offers great value for the money and also an impressive array of features and functions. Moreover, it is perfect for cardiovascular training, stamina building, and muscle toning. It can help you lose weight and help you burn up to 5-600 calories per hour, depending on your workout regimen.
It is an excellent choice for riders who require recovery training due to its high ergonomics and low impact on the joints.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you change incline while riding this elliptical?
Yes, it has an incline button for every level so you can switch to whatever incline you want with only one button press.
2. Is this 470 elliptical stable when in use, or does it sway a little?
If you set up on a plush carpet or an exercise mat, it is very stable and doesn’t move during use. However, its control panel is mounted on a 2-foot pedestal that may move during greater exertion.
3. What is the difference between Schwinn 430 and 470?
The 470 has motorized incline, while the 430 has to be manually adjusted. The 470 elliptical has 5 more resistance levels than the 430 model. Moreover, the 430 allows 2 profiles, and the 470 allows 4 profiles to customize. Lastly, Bluetooth with app for your tablet or smartphone is only available on the 470.
- Best Elliptical Machines Under $500
- Best Ellipticals Under $1000
- Bowflex Max Trainer M8
- Nautilus E616 Elliptical
- Nordictrack Elite 10.9
- ProForm Endurance 520E Elliptical
- Proform Pro 9.9 Elliptical
- Schwinn 411 Elliptical
- Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine
- Sole E25 Elliptical
- Sole E95S Elliptical
- Sole Fitness E55 Review