What if you could get the same exercise from a spin studio in the comforts of your home? Now, there is more advanced equipment to do it with, making it simpler than ever to get in a terrific cardio workout without having to an hour or waste an hour or more getting to and from the gym.
The spinning classes are fun. And you can get all the health benefits right from the comfort of your home!
If you are like many of us, you can’t have enough time to pack up the car, go to the gym and attend a spin class. That doesn’t mean you have to miss out on all the wonderful benefits of spinning. If you do have a chance to attend classes and learn the basics with the internet and some videos, you can have your spin class at home.
Spin bikes, commonly known as indoor cycles, can make a great addition to your home gym. It involves most of your muscle groups and makes you healthier and fitter.
There are hundreds of indoor cycle brands and models to choose from, which can make choosing one a confusing task. We found the 10 Best Spin Bikes that deliver on performance and power.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Spin Bikes In 2020
Which are the Best Spin Bikes In 2020?
1. Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle
|Weight Capacity: 300lbs||Q-Factor: 197mm|
|Drive system: Belt||Resistance: Magnetic, 24-levels|
|Footprint: H 45″ x W 26″ x L 49″||Foot Levelers: 4 Points|
|Bluetooth: Standard 4.0||Heart Rate: Polar chest strap|
|Console: Backlit||FlyWheel: 8 lbs|
|User Height: Min 4.10″/Max 6.7″||Pedals: SPD|
Keiser M3i is one of the first indoor bikes that have a Bluetooth Wireless Computer. It is built for comfort and to last – it is sturdy, durable, and low maintenance. The stylish and V-shaped design makes it perfect for all types of body shapes and sizes. The flywheel of the M3i bike is located at the back instead of the front.
Its smart computer display shows all the key information you need about your workout. Information includes power, energy, RPM, heart rate, elapsed time, and trip distance. Although it comes with a hefty price if you are looking for quality and not budget-restricted, this M3i spin bike is for you.
- Screen: It comes with an LCD that has a light sensor at its top. This turns on in dark space, and if the room is well lit, it will stay off. It ensures the battery lasts longer. The console has some extra features like Set up for Interval training, Bike ID, Mile and Kilometer, and Bluetooth.
- Adjustable Saddle: The saddle can be replaced easily and comfortable as compared to other bikes. You can alter the seat in 4 ways – fore/aft, up and down. It enables you to select the position that is most comfortable for you.
- Resistance: It comes with a 24 resistance level that is perfect for any range of cycling – easy, medium, or hard training. The transition between gears is quiet as it ensures no parts touch the flywheel.
- Bluetooth Technology: It is the first spin bike that integrates Bluetooth. You can create a profile on the compatible application and save all your workout data on it.
What We Like
- It uses eddy current magnetic resistance that ensures smooth and quiet operations
- Transport wheels for easy transportation
- Media tray and water bottle holder
- Powered by batteries and doesn’t require an electric supply
- Pedals come with both the cage as well as SPD
- 10 years warranty on frame and 3-year warranty on the display, processor box, and cylinder
What We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t come with assembly tools
- Its price is high.
2. Sunny Health and Fitness SF-B1805 Bike
|Footprint: H 48″ x W 23″ x L 45″||Flywheel: 44 lbs|
|Max Weight: 300 lbs||Q Factor: 182mm|
|Pedals: with toe cages||Resistance: magnetic|
|Warranty: Frame 3 years, parts 90 days|
Get a spin studio-quality ride in the comfort of home. It is a magnetic tension, belt-driven bike with a strong steel frame and a 44-pound flywheel that delivers a smooth and quiet ride. It is one of the best indoor bikes under $600.
You’ve to give up when you are spending a lower price for performance. This bike doesn’t include console. Instead, there is a device holder that can hold an iPad or phone. You can connect to the fitness app and attach your monitor.
- Seat and Handlebars: It comes with a high comfort seat that integrates around 2″ foam cushioning and shock absorption spring. Also, it features a multiple grip handlebar.
- Resistance: It comes with a magnetic resistance belt that gives an ultra-smooth ride. It can be gradually increased or decreased while you’re riding, with the knob built onto the frame.
- Safety and Convenience: There is an emergency brake for safety in case the wheel is spinning too fast. Also, the two large silicone wheels for its transport.
- Flywheel: Strengthen your legs with its higher weighted flywheel and enjoy a silent and stable ride.
- Pedals: Its pedals are made of metallic alloy. They have toe cages for extra foot stability.
What We Like
- Cushioned seat with suspension springs at the rear;
- Heavy-duty custom fit frame
- Device holder and water bottle holder
- Adjustable magnetic tension
- Three years warranty on frame and six months on other parts
- 4-way adjustable seat and handlebars make it easy to get best-fit users with an inseam between 28″-38.”
- Solid, robust frame supports up to 300 pounds weight.
What We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t have a console.
3. NordicTrack Commercial S22i Studio Cycle
|Weight Capacity: 350lbs||Decline/Incline: -10% to + 20%|
|Display: 22″ Smart HD Touchscreen||Number of Programs: 35|
|Footprint: 55.0″ x 21.9″ x 56.9″||Seat: Padded Saddle|
|Resistance Levels: 24||Heart Rate: Wireless|
|Extras: two 3 lbs Dumbbells||FlyWheel: Inertia-enhanced|
NordicTrack S22i is the high-end exercise bike that comes with innovative technology. The best part is its motor that’ll tilt the bike up to reach of +20% incline. This strengthens the powerhouse muscles of the lower body.
This high-end bike is designed for extensive training on a sleek indoor cycle. The HD touchscreen, generous iFit workout library, smooth flywheel, and impressive design makes this one of the high-grade spin bikes on the market.
Moreover, it is backed with a better warranty that provides a little peace of mind when purchasing this bike. Overall, this is an excellent option for gym-style training and scenic outdoors.
- Incline/Decline: The motor on the rear stabilizer and motorized arm under the pedal crank tilt and lift the bike to simulate an outdoor grade. This increases training variables as you can now combine resistance, speed, and incline to create greater climbing challenges.
- Silent Magnetic Resistance: This friction-free resistance helps the bike operate quietly. Also, it regulates automatically through preset tension levels. Select from 24 levels of resistance for strength training along with cardio exercise.
- Adjustable Saddle: Its saddle is adjustable both vertically or horizontally to fit a wide range of user’s height. It is cushioned to promote comfort and endurance. It’s interchangeable with a standard road bike saddle.
- On-Demand Cycling Classes: With the iFit app, it is easy to stay motivated. You can stream high-energy studio sessions led by elite trainers who live control your bike’s incline/decline and resistance in real-time.
- Upper-Body Workout: It comes with a pair of 3 lb dumbbells. The storage is provided below the console.
- HD Touchscreen: It comes with an impressive 22″ touchscreen that has HD resolutions for iFit workouts. It also has a quick touch control buttons (+/- and <,> ).
What We Like
- Provides 35 preset workouts including manual, interval, strength training, cross-training, etc
- Automated incline/decline that adjusts user’s ride
- Free one-year subscription for iFit
- Two cooling fans under the screen with four power settings
- 3 points of adjustment – seat up/down and forward/aft, handlebars up/down
- Two water bottle holders
- Indoor studio based rides with personal trainers
What we didn’t Like
- It is a bit difficult to assemble.
4. Yosuda Indoor Cycling Bike
|Weight Capacity: 270 lbs||Resistance: Felt pad|
|Footprint: 40″ L x 22″ W x 45″ H||Flywheel: 35 lbs|
|Seat: 4-way adjustable||Pedals: toe cages|
|Inside Length: 25″-35″|
This spin bike has a sporty and streamlined look. It is constructed from a durable steel frame and packed with fitness-minded features. The cycle fits riders up to 270 lbs. Find your ideal riding position with a four-way adjustable seat and two handlebar heights. Also, there is a central knob for increasing or decreasing resistance.
This indoor spin bike is great for spinning workouts, great for light to intense cardio training, interval training, weight loss, and leg muscle strength. It is an affordable alternative to a more expensive gym grade bike.
- Flywheel: It helps simulate the ride of a real road bike and gives a smooth and quiet riding experience. Its 35 lbs flywheel is a little lighter but provides consistent pedaling feel. Moreover, it has a perimeter weighted construction for high inertia that is great for spin workouts.
- LCD Console: It comes with a basic and well-read digital console for tracking health goals. It shows your current workout time, distance, pace, calories burned, and odometer with accurate data. On the other hand, it gives a free flat bracket to watch videos or listen to your favorite music during workout.
- Adjustable Resistance: It gives you adjustable resistance to simulate real road riding experience. It includes durable wool felt pad resistance.
- Cage pedals and brake pad: It has more comfort and safety with aluminum alloy cap pedals and adjustable covers. This will protect feet slip and give more support during riding. Moreover, it has an extra brake for replacement in the package.
- Transportation wheels: The wheels on the bottom offer you to move easily to hear and there without any hassle. It provides you a more comfortable move from corner to corner without face struggle.
- Warranty: Yosuda gives you 30 days money-back guarantee with 6-month replacement parts.
What We Like
- Smooth and silent drive that makes it perfect for apartment use
- Fully adjustable and padded seat for support and comfort
- Sturdy heavy-duty steel frame
- Media shelf to keep you entertained during the cardio exercise
- Transportation wheels for the easy move
- It features an emergency push down brake system that stops the wheel for safety.
What We Didn’t Like
- Its monitor isn’t backlit.
5. Schwinn IC3 Indoor Cycling Bike
|Weight Capacity: 300lbs||Seat: 4-Way Adjustable|
|Display: LCD||Flywheel: 40 lbs|
|Footprint: 45″ x 23″ x 49″||Resistance: Friction, felt pad|
|Heart Rate: Chest Strap Compatible|
This IC3 is an excellent budget bike for indoor cycling and spinning. It is the first indoor cycle that provides the advantage of Shimano Pedal Dynamic pedals and wireless heart rate monitor at an affordable price range under $500.
With a slim profile, the IC3 offers an eye-catching sleek design. Its racing seat with vertical/horizontal adjustments makes it the best exercise bike for fitness enthusiasts. Furthermore, it supports multiple grip, padded handlebars, a cup holder, and a data monitor. The frame is designed with steel that makes it solid enough to support amazing spin workout sessions.
- Console: It comes with a decent LCD console with a six-panel display with workout metrics such as speed, RPM, calories, distance, time, and pulse. The console is user-friendly comes with four buttons that include Reset, Up, Down, and Mode.
- Caged Pedals: It arrives with toe-caged pedals and SPD clips for a better grip. Also, it supports standard 9/11 threads to enable you to make required modifications if necessary.
- Emergency Brake: This bike ensures the safety of the riders with an emergency stop.
- Resistance: It comes with felt pad resistance. You get access to infinite resistance as there is no fixed level. Simply turn on the knob to derive challenging workout sessions.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: It sports wireless telemetry enabled monitor, which helps to track heart rate accurately.
- Warranty: Schwinn provides a five-year warranty on the frame, two years on parts and electronics. There is a one year warranty on parts as well.
What We Like
- Steel construction for high-end performance
- 40-pound flywheel for smooth and consistent momentum while pedaling
- Dual SPD toe caged pedal for better grip
- It has a comfortable racing style seat.
- Caster wheels make it easy to use and store
- Adjustable handlebars for optimal use
What We Didn’t Like
- Its display doesn’t have LED-backlit
6. Sunny Health and Fitness SF-B901 Pro Exercise Bike
|Weight Capacity: 275 lbs||Inseam: 30″-42″|
|Footprint: 46.5″ L x 18″ W x 46″ H||Flyhwheel: 40 lbs|
|Seat Dimensions: 10″ L x 6″ W x 2.5″ H||Drive: Chain|
|Warranty: 3 years for frame, 180 days parts|
Sunny Indoor Spin Bike is a great buy for someone looking to begin cycling without bells and whistles. It is a lightweight model but sturdy and durable. Furthermore, its adjustable seat, handlebars, and level of resistance enable it to customize to suit any rider.
With its compact size, sturdy construction, easy adjustments, roller wheels, and a three-year warranty, this bike is well worth the purchase.
- Resistance: It comes with a quiet and smooth felt fabric brake pad. The resistance system enables various tension levels that allow you to create an intense workout.
- Adjustable seat and handlebars: You can adjust it according to the frame and get a good comfortable fit. It delivers a comfy ride and allows for multiple hand positions.
- Flywheel: Its 40 lb flywheel is heavy enough to offer you a good workout.
- Pedals: Its pedals include toe clip and straps to help with stability. You can easily affix any standard pedals to the bike frames during set up.
- Space Saving: This compact bike is well for studio apartments and other small living spaces. Also, it is foldable for storage and transport.
What We Like
- Quick resistance changes make this bike suitable
- Solid frame design prevents unwanted movement at higher resistance
- Ergonomic seat and handlebars for the more comfortable cycling position
- Smooth cycling motion
- Easy to assemble and only takes 10-20 minutes to set-up
What We Didn’t Like
- Lack of display monitor
- Some users find the seat to be quite hard to sit for extended periods
7. MaxKare Stationary Bike Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
|Weight Capacity: 264 lbs||Applicable Height: 4’11”-6’3″|
|Footprint: 44″ x 9.3″ x 32″||Flyhwheel: 44 lbs|
|Handlebar Height: 0″-2.76″||Seat height range: 0-5.91|
Yellow MaxKare Indoor spin bike is a compact and comfortable bike that provides good cardio for an affordable price. It comes with armrests for a comfortable triathlon bike position. Furthermore, the indoor bike is capable of offering smooth workout and consistent pedal stroke.
It works with a belt-driven system to ensure it is silent as possible, no matter how fast you’re cycling. Both the handlebars and seat positions are adjustable. Also, padded with foam to assure maximum comfort. It provides a fitness meter with a pulse reading function. Even though this bike doesn’t have many bells and whistles, it provides a great workout at home’s comfort.
- Drive System: It sports belt-driven mechanism that ensures a smooth and quiet workout. However, its ultra-quiet flywheel produces little noise. It doesn’t produce much vibration as a chain.
- Comfortable Seat: It comes with the cushioned and airy seat. You can move it forth/back and up/down with the scales to fit suitable height. It offers to customize the experience for user comfort.
- Portability: It comes with wheels that allow you to move the indoor bike easily. Just tilt and roll out for use.
Resistance: With an adjustable knob, you can increase/ decrease resistance to choose the difficulty level to stimulate the muscles differently and create a variety of new patterns of workouts.
- LCD Monitor with phone holder: The monitor on the bike tracks your speed, calories burned, time, odometer, and heart rate. There is a mobile phone bracket to watch your favorite show or listen to music while exercising.
What We Like
- The seat is airy and softer with high-density padding
- Emergency brake for safety in case the wheel is rotating too fast
- Durable exercise bike with a heavy flywheel
- Toe caged pedal and stabilizer foot
- Customized designs for ultimate user comfort
- Bottle holder allows the rider to rehydrate as they cycle
8. PYHIGH Indoor Cycling Bike
|Weight Capacity: 280 lbs||Flywheel: 35 lbs|
|Footprint: 40.94″ x 21.65″ x 46.1″||Drive: Belt|
|Inseam: 25″-38.4″||Resistance:: Felt Pad|
This PYHIGH bike is a budget-friendly spin bike. It features a decent 35-pound flywheel with a belt drive keeping the action quiet. The bike is sturdy and compact. With caster wheels, you can move and store it easily after post-workout.
It supports 280lbs max user weight and 6.1″ of max user height. Moreover, the seat can be moved both vertical or horizontal. With this indoor bike, set your own pace. Whether you are a novice or expert, feel free to adjust your resistance pace, and find your comfort zone.
- Flywheel: It comes with 35 lbs bidirectional flywheel for stability with felt pads. By turning the knob, you can increase and decrease resistance.
- Drive: Its solid leather transmission belt(PK Belt) with TPI bearing makes this cycling bike much more study to ensure a long time riding.
- Console: The display monitor of the Pyhigh spin bike allows you to track Time, Scan, Speed, Distance, Calories, and Odometer during the workout session. It helps to keep you focused on achieving personal goals.
- Caged Foot Pedals: It has aluminum alloy pedals and adjustable covers that will prevent feet from slipping and providing more support while pedaling. Moreover, you can change one pair of Shimano pedals to clip your spin shoes. It is standard 9/16 threads size.
- Anti-skid Handlebar: It can be adjusted up and down to adapt any biking condition adding extra comfort.
What We Like
- Oversize saddle with big cushion offers you a comfortable riding experience
- Easy to assemble and includes all the required tools
- Belt drive system for a quiet and reliable workout session
- The device holder and water bottle holder are included.
- Heavy-grade metallic pedals with toe cages
- Wheels for easy mobility
What We Didn’t Like
- It isn’t ideal for tall users.
9. VIGBODY HL-5230 Indoor Stationary Spin Exercise Bike
|Weight Capacity: 330 lbs||Flywheel: 24.2 lbs|
|Footprint: 44.5″ x 19.7″ x 43.3″||Seat: 4-way adjustable|
This Indoor stationary exercise bike with a bidirectional flywheel and quiet belt drive is great for a cardiovascular workout in your home gym. You can burn calories, strengthen, and tone your legs.
It has a durable and stable construction with a solid square tube frame for a user weight capacity of 330lbs.
- Resistance: You can increase or decrease resistance through the tension knob for an easier or more challenging workout.
- Adjustable seat and handlebar: It features a 2-way adjustable non-slip handlebar and 4-way adjustable seat. It is suitable for most body types for optimum comfort.
- Anti-skid Cage Pedals: Its pedals are designed to adjustable toe clips and straps to increase stability and comfort. It prevents feet slip and offers more support while pedaling.
- Emergency Brake with a friction pad: In case you can’t stop normal, you can press down tension knob to stop immediately.
- Flywheel: The 24.2 lbs flywheel provides excellent resistance and higher inertia for a better riding experience in the comfort of your home.
What We Like
- Friction braking system and emergency lock
- Multi-function LCD – easily records and reads the exercise time, speed, distance covered, calories burned and odometer
- Great indoor cardio workout
- It comes with 12 months warranty
- Adjustable to fit all users
10. Pooboo D525 Indoor Cycling Bike
|Weight Capacity: 330 lbs||Flywheel: 25 lbs|
|Footprint: 43.8″ x 21.6″ x 48.1″||Seat: 4-way adjustable|
|Warranty: 1 year||Resistance:: Friction|
Pooboo L-NOW D525 is a spin bike designed for home use. This indoor cycle is built with the user comfort in mind with multiple grip curved handlebars, a cushioned seat, and a phone holder within an arm’s reach.
It offers a fully customizable experience for user comfort. The high-grade steel frame and crank add quality and durability to go the distance.
- Fitness meter: It comes with an LCD display that tracks workout metrics. It is easy to use and battery-powered. There is only one button that toggles on/off the unit’s SCAN function.
- Saddle: It has a standard seat and doesn’t add any cushioning, but there is a layer of foam padding. It is 4-way adjustable.
- Flywheel: Its bi-directional flywheel is chrome plated and has ABS side covers. Also, there is a felt brake pad above the flywheel and tension knob.
What We Like
- Solid, sturdy frame that can support users up to 330 lbs
- Aluminum alloy pedals with toe cages for foot stability
- Integrated pulse sensors into the side grips of handlebar
- Silent operations, great for apartment use
- Integrated tablet and media holder
- LCD shows workout stats like time taken, distance, speed, and calories
What We Didn’t Like
- Doesn’t come with dual-sided Shimano pedals
What is Spin Bike?
It is an exercise equipment used for intense workouts by people of all ages, genders, and abilities. It is used in gyms and fitness training centers. This indoor cycle provides you a full-body workout and helps you to achieve your fitness goals. Furthermore, it is effective at strengthening the hips, thighs, calves, abs, and shoulders.
How To Choose A Spin Bike?
Many bikes will look similar. To find the best one, you have to take a closer look at fine details. There are various factors to consider when choosing the best exercise bike for you.
Design and Construction
The exercise bikes come in all sizes and shapes. These indoor spin cycles are made from a sturdy steel frame with heavy-duty parts and construction. Moreover, they can endure weight up to 300 pounds, with solid seats and handlebars and wheels.
Chain vs Belt
While old models come with a chain wheel design, the latest bikes these days all use a belt-driven design that is less likely to shred or snap. A belt-drive system is silent and makes for a smooth, consistent ride. On the other hand, chain drive needs to lubricate regularly to ensure smooth operation.
If you’re searching for the smoothest ride possible, pick a bike with a belt drive. Or if you are looking for a bike that works great, but a little easier on the budget, a chain drive is an option.
Spin Bike Size
How much space is in your house? Will you need to be able to move the bike easily, or it remains in one place constantly? Will it put away for storage when not in use, or will it be on display? The size and weight of the spin bike also need to consider.
Weight: The material affects the weight of the bike that can add or take away from the convenience level. Also, the bike which uses flywheel for resistance is heavier than one using magnetic resistance.
Wheels: Now, most bikes come with castor wheels so that they can be easily moved around the room.
Folding Design: Sone spin bikes can be folded to be stored away when not in use. If you have a limited area, you may consider the foldable one.
There are two types of resistance you’re going to find on spin bikes: magnetic or friction resistance.
Magnetic: It relies on a series of magnets to set the correct tension level you’ve selected. The closer the magnet moves to the flywheel, the difficult it becomes to pedal and move it. These provide several terrain types for a more effective workout for an experienced rider.
Friction: It works by pressure being placed on the flywheel to slow it down and make it more difficult to move. Models that operate with friction resistance will require to have the pads replaced due to wear. However, they’re going to be more affordable than magnetic ones and more reliable.
The bikes come with different types of pedals. Some have SPD while others have toe clips, and some models offer both.
SPD pedals: SPD stands for “Shimano Pedal Dynamic.” The cleats in your shoes are going to determine the type of pedals to select for. Cleats make sure ride secure and consistent attaching themselves to the soles of shoes. It offers more of a connection to the bike, which can yield real results compared to others.
Toe Cage Pedals: These are useful because they let you keep your feet on the pedals even as you pull up and push down throughout the stroke. It is crucial to help avoid muscular imbalances and work for each muscle group in your legs equally.
These pedals are located at the front of pedals and surround your toes. The caged design pedals are adjustable to make sure your feet are well secured.
Spin bikes are not known for their hi-tech monitors. While most bikes come with simple monitors that consist of a small LCD screen. Some LCDs track the basic metrics, including distance, pace, cadence, time, and calories.
Most advanced monitors are compatible with a wireless strap that you should consider if you like to track your heart rate.
How To Set Up A Spin Bike?
If you desire to get the most out of indoor cycling bike, get the best result, and minimize your risk of injury, you want to know how to set up your indoor cycle.
The seat of the indoor cycle is either fully adjustable or not. Fully flexible means you can adjust the height as well as the horizontal position (fore/aft). The adjustable seat is great for the user who is taller or shorter than average.
To adjust the position of the seat, sit in the position with your hands placed on the handlebars & the balls of your feet over the middle of pedals. Ensure that pedals are even with one another, feet in 3′ o clock, and 9′ o clock position.
Look at the forward leg and envision a line going from your knee. If your kneecap is over the middle of the pedal, you have the right position of your saddle.
The handlebar on the exercise bike should be multi-grip. It allows you to change the position of your hands throughout your ride. It is important to consider as you’ll need to change your grip depending on the workout type you’re doing.
Also, you need to adjust the handlebars with the height and position. It would help if you had your shoulders in line with your elbows and hips while ensuring you are comfortable. However, if you are dealing with back problems, then you’ll want them to be higher.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What height can a spin bike comfortably accommodate?
It depends on the make and model of the bike. Most bikes can accommodate people anywhere from 5’2″ to 6’4″. The Inseam height of the bike can give you a good idea.
2. How much floor space does a spin bike take up?
It may vary depending on the bike, but most spin bikes require a footprint of 4′ L x 2′ W. Thus, the compact footprints make them amongst the smallest type of fitness equipment and perfect for homes with limited space.
3. Is Spin Bike is suitable for seniors?
If you are senior and almost fit, a spin bike may be a perfect choice. However, if you are starting with an exercise routine, then lighter cardio of upright bike or recumbent exercise bike might be an excellent place to start.