Smart Connect EX-5 Bike
Built For Users Who Want: a durable, compact, and adjustable bike to achieve an impressive performance.
- Sturdy frame.
- 32 resistance levels.
- The tablet mount rotates up to 180 degrees.
- Smooth magnetic resistance.
- Supports up to 300 pounds of weight.
- Adjustable seat and handlebars.
- Compact design.
Whatever your objective is for landing on this page, whether immaculately out of curiosity or fulfilling your craving to get an exercise bike, you will be satisfied. Today we will be reviewing the Echelon EX-5 Bike from the Smart Connect series. In this analysis, we have explained all the crucial features, benefits, detriments, performance, and other aspects so that you can conveniently decide whether the EX-5 bike appeases you or not.
The Smart Connect EX-5 is a lightweight and compact indoor bike. Its ergonomic designed handlebars assist in aligning your upper body for optimal performance. Besides, the handlebars are slip-resistant, resulting in a comfortable grip. Above all, this smart connect bike comes with 32 levels of silent magnetic resistance that help vary your workout intensity.
Echelon features a media shelf in this equipment to hold any device so that you can watch the Echelon Fit app on your bike. With a modern design and footprint of just 55 inches long and 20 inches wide, this Echelon bike provides a high-intensity workout without taking over your space.
There are other various specifications available with this fitness machine. To be familiar with these, read the complete article. Let’s get started.
Echelon EX-5: First Impressions
|Smart Connect EX-5 Bike Specifications|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Dimensions||55″ x 20″ x 58″ (L x W x H)|
|Item Weight||106 lbs|
|Level of Resistance||32|
|Seat||Horizontal and Vertical Adjustments|
|Warranty||12 Months (Parts and Labor)|
Reasons To Buy
- Lightweight Echelon bike.
- Easy assembly.
- The price is affordable.
- Pedals with SPD compatible clips and adjustable toe cage.
- The tablet holder holds your smart devices easily.
- Water bottle holder.
- The charging port helps keep your device fully charged.
Reasons To Avoid
- It does not have a built-in screen.
- Less warranty.
- Durability – The heavy-duty steel frame provides excellent durability so that this Echelon bike lasts many years.
- Compact Construction – You can easily keep your fitness machine in your home gym due to its small dimensions.
- Bottle Holder – Keep your drink handy with the help of the drink holder that you will get under the handlebars.
- User Weight Limit – The EX-5 workout machine can withstand a maximum of 300 pounds, which is pretty enough for average users.
- Tablet Holder – You can easily keep your tablet and mobile on the bike, and the tablet/mobile holder will hold these devices quite well. So, watch your favorite trainer’s videos or any TV shows while working out.
- Dumbbell Holder – This option allows the consumers to hold a set of 2-pound dumbbells for doing exercises in their upper body. But you will have to purchase the dumbbells separately as these are not included in the package.
- Seat – Users get a vented competition-style seat with 6″ lever-style adjustment.
- Handlebars – You can adjust the handlebars in four positions, i.e., upward, downward, forward, and backward, resulting in a comfortable workout experience.
- Pedals – Now, you can ride your indoor bike with a cage option in your toe on one side. Plus, you will have SPD cleats with flat pedals on the other side. Therefore, you can clip in if you wish, or you can ride the bike at your home gym or any other room wearing a pair of athletic shoes.
- Echelon Fit app – If you want to use this fitness application, you must pay. As the cycling bike does not contain a screen, you will need the Echelon subscription. After becoming a member, you will get access to monitor resistance, workout time, speed, distance, burned calories, and many other exercise statistics.
The alloy steel-made frame makes this bike sturdy enough to support 300 pounds of weight capacity. In addition, when the indoor bike is completely assembled, it will be 55″ long, 20″ wide, and 58″ high.
In general, the more weight you have on the flywheel, the better the results will be. The flywheel weight on this Echelon bike is 29 pounds, and it is placed on the rear side. Due to the heavy-weight flywheel, users will be able to perform almost a noiseless workout session without disturbing anyone near them.
Pedals with Toe Cages
If you do not have specific cycling shoes, you can use the flexible toe cages placed on the EX-5 workout equipment. But if you have them, you will not need to worry. You can flip the pedals as well as the toe cages to perform your workouts comfortably.
Basically, users are able to move the seat both horizontally and vertically. On the other hand, they can shift the handlebars in an up/down direction as well as move these forward/backward paths. Hence, fitness lovers gain a comfortable and delightful experience due to the adjustability of the seat and handlebars.
This smart connect bike offers the users two large bottle holders. So if you get thirsty during a strenuous workout session, you are not required to go somewhere far away to quench your thirst. You can keep water on one bottle and other beverages such as fruit juices on the other one. Overall, the feeling will be phenomenal.
Console / Controls
- Device Holder – As this exercise machine doesn’t offer an LCD screen, you have to use your tablet or smartphone to monitor every workout data. The media shelf holds devices from 2.5 inches to 12.9 inches long. In addition, users can flip the tablet mount up to an angle of 180 degrees to do off-the-bike classes. As a result, you can easily stand to the side or behind your bike without moving the bike to get a clear view.
- USB Port – Do not worry about getting out of charge for your smart devices. This machine comes with a USB charging port that lets you charge your tablet, mobile, or iPad while you do your workouts.
It does not come with any preset workout programs. But you will have plenty of options to do your exercises with more than 3000 workouts via the brand’s Fit application, which is discussed below.
Echelon Fit Membership
Now you are getting a chance to join a vast network of fitness instructors and Echelon members, sharing a similar goal and a mindset to live a healthy life. You can explore thousands of on-demand and live fitness classes with this one subscription. These classes are filmed in a studio with several expert instructors and broadcast directly to your smart devices or equipment wherever you are. Additionally, you will be able to track your progress, ride with friends or family members, and together achieve the same goal. Nevertheless, monthly, annual, and two-year plans are available.
It is not the end. You will get access to mind-pleasing music, the best in the industry, to remain energized and inspired while doing exercises. Echelon has collaborated with the top record labels to bring users the latest music for the best fitness experience. Whatever you like, whether it is dance, folk, hip-hop, K-pop, EDM, Latin, metal, or R&B, will be present in the membership.
- 40+ daily live classes.
- 3,000+ on-demand workouts.
- 1M+ song and artist options.
- 60+ world-class instructors.
This Echelon bike features a magnetic resistance that is generated by the magnets placed adjacent to the flywheel that opposes the motion. As a result, there will be no friction, and users can perform a quiet and smooth workout. The most interesting thing is that there will be no wear and tear on the flywheel due to the magnet-based resistance system.
You can increase as well as decrease the power of your ride without skipping a beat. The level of resistance you will get with this fitness machine is enough to perform workouts even for advanced users. Echelon offers 32 levels of resistance with this bike. So, choose your workout intensity as per your needs. All you have to do is move the tension knob placed under the tube to change the resistance.
This stationary bike comes with an instruction manual, where Echelon has explained all the required details. Read it attentively, and you will get to know every aspect of how to assemble the indoor bike. Nevertheless, the EX-5 bike mostly comes pre-assembled while you unpack it. Call one of your family members or friends to help you out while setting up the bike that makes the process easier. Once you have done every step from the manual, just make sure all the nuts and bolts are tightened enough to avoid any mishap. Finally, do your exercises at your convenient time.
Most fitness companies indeed provide a warranty. But there are very few brands in the world that will offer you a 100% money-back guarantee. Echelon is among those few companies that assure you that if you are not pleased with the quality or your experience with this EX-5 spin bike, you can return the item within 30 days of your purchase date. Further, if you use this stationary bike and suddenly face any issue regarding any part, Echelon will assist you. Just contact their customer care service. But remember, you will have a warranty for 12 months for the defective parts and labor charges.
This Echelon workout bike is specially built to provide a magnificent performance. Basically, it includes a wide variety of features to help consumers raise their indoor cycling game.
You can set low-high workout difficulty with the 32 resistance levels through an easily movable resistance knob. Besides the elevated bullhorn handlebars with elbow rests, seat adjustability, USB chargeable port, heavyweight flywheel, 180-degree flippable device holder for off-equipment workouts, make any fitness enthusiast’s journey intriguing.
Ride this bike with lots of live demanding workouts throughout the world via the Echelon Fit application. Additionally, highly certified fitness trainers will keep you motivated and engaged while doing exercises. The application works with “Google Play and Apple Store” from any smart device.
In conclusion, all I want to add is that whether you aim to be stress-free, train yourself for a competition, or anything in-between, you can count on the EX-5 spin bike.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does the Fore/Aft positioning mean?
The Fore-Aft position represents the distance between your seat and handlebars. It is essential because it impacts various muscle groups while you pedal, as well as the pressure on your knees. Furthermore, if you move your saddle backward, you will enhance hamstring engagement. But if you move it forward, you will put more weight on your quads.
2. What is the weight of the bike after it is completely assembled?
It is 106 lbs (48 kg).
3. Do I need to buy a special tablet for the EX-5 spin bike?
No, you do not have to buy a particular tablet for using this bike. Even your old tablet or your iPad will work fine. But remember, as the exercise equipment doesn’t include an LCD screen, you must have an electronic gadget in order to view your exercise stats as well as to connect to the Echelon membership program.
- Advenor Magnetic Resistance Exercise Bike
- Ancheer Indoor Cycling Exercise Bike
- Ativafit Foldable Exercise Bike
- Leikefitness Exercise Bike Review
- LifeSpan R5i Recumbent Bike
- ProForm 235 CSX Recumbent Bike
- Schwinn 130 Upright Bike
- Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
- Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike
- Sole B94 Upright Bike
- Stamina Cardio Exercise Bike
- Weslo Cross Cycle Upright Bike