In A Hurry? Our Top Reasons To Buy
Built For Users Who Want: High-end machine with innovative features.
NordicTrack S22i Studio Cycle
- 22″ High Definition touchscreen with clear graphics
- Choose any outdoor route via Google Maps
- One-year free subscription to iFit
- High strength fan.
- Built-in water bottle holder.
- 350 lbs Weight Limit
S22i is one of the best exercise bikes with innovative technology. It has a motor that’ll tilt the bike up to reach a +20% Incline or angle it down to a -10% Decline.
This fitness machine can stream LiveCast videos filmed at the iCoach spin studio. This fitness machine can stream LiveCast videos filmed at the iCoach studio. NordicTrack S22i Studio Bike lets you cycle in virtual outdoor environments: Pedal with Google Maps Terrain views and synchronized incline changes.
Throughout iFit workouts, your trainers automatically adjust your bike to match their instructions and fully immersing you in the class.
Below are the details about iFit Coach workouts, functionality, and the free warranty.
NordicTrack S22i Exercise Bike Review: First Impressions
|Weight Capacity||350 lbs|
|Decline / Incline||-10% to + 20%|
|Display||22″ Smart HD Touchscreen|
|Number of Programs||35|
|Footprint||55.0″ x 21.9″ x 56.9″|
|Extras||two 3 lbs Dumbbells|
- Innovative technology with automated Incline or Decline that adjusts as you ride.
- 22″ High Definition Touchscreen.
- Quiet magnetic flywheel system.
- Adjustable padded saddle with universal stem
- Comes with a set of three-pound dumbbells for upper body exercise.
- iFit membership for one year that offers 16,000 workouts including outdoor and indoor classes.
- The 32 pounds flywheel feels smooth underfoot and generates a fluid motion.
- Two water bottle holders.
- iPod compatible sound system.
- There are two fans placed under the screen with four power settings.
- It requires iFit Coach memberships for 12 months.
- It is a bit difficult to assemble.
NordicTrack Commercial S22i Studio Cycle: Detailed Features
- +20% Incline to -10% Decline: The bike tilts up and down to match the grade of your ride. It also increases training variables as you can combine resistance, incline, and speed to greater climbing challenges. The best thing is the combination of incline feature and 24 resistance level.
- 32lbs Inertia Enhanced flywheel for fluid wheel motion: It regulates flywheel motion, so the pedal stroke is smooth throughout the rotation. Also, it helps avoid any jerky, downward momentum in the flywheel and pull your feet forward.
- Adjustable Handlebars: Its handlebars can be adjusted up or down on the handlebar post knob. It should be the same height as your saddle. Experienced cyclists can set the handlebars lower, decreasing torso angle. All adjustment areas are marked with orange inch measurements so you can find the right position each time.
- Touchscreen Controls: It features QuickTouch Controls on the extension grips so that you can easily manipulate resistance, incline and decline on the touchscreen. It has +/- and <,> buttons, so the screen display is great for instant readouts.
- 3 Adjustment points to fit most size riders: Its seat can be adjusted forward or aft with carriage knob. Moreover, the saddle stem can move up and down.
- Silent Magnetic Resistance with 24 Digital Levels: The magnet situated adjacent to the flywheel to create frictionless resistance. It has 24 levels of resistance. When using an onboard program or iFit, the resistance will automatically adjust for you.
- One iFit free year subscriptions: NordicTrack consists of a family plan package of iFit free for the first year. After that, iFit costs $15 per month for one user or $33 per month for up to five users. You require a WiFi connection to run iFit.
- Compact Design: It is a fantastic machine that is just 55.0″ long by 21.9″ wide.
- Dual fans: There are two fans attached at the bottom of the screen. It produces good airflow and is situated at just-right height.
Frame: Its base, stabilizers, and posts are all steel. The handlebars are coated with a soft grip material. It has black plastic molding that protects intersecting joints and post shafts.
Its drive train is quiet, and the wires and cables are internal. Moreover, the frame is solid for a bike that pivots up and down.
There are three adjustment points which are well designed. It helps different size riders find a proper bike fit.
- Its forward/aft adjustment on the seat carriage moves the saddle forward and back.
- It’s Up/Down adjustment in the handlebar post lifts the handlebars to the proper height. Don’t set handlebar so low that your diaphragm restricted.
- It’s Up/Down adjustment via stem post lifts and lowers the seat carriage.
The S22i Studio Bike design resembles a spin bike. Its handlebars are designed to be in line with the saddle. The handlebars on these stationary bikes are forward parallel to the floor, so the riders lean forward while riding. This position facilitates greater hamstring and glute engagement as opposed to a quad-dominant downward stroke.
It features a 25″ span between the seat tube and the head tube. Its span will decrease if you pull the seat forward, while it’ll increase when you raise the seat. This range should offer adequate room for most cyclists.
There is a 19″ from the center of the pedal crank to center of the flywheel. Its 14″ from the center of the pedal crank to the floor.
32 Pounds FlyWheel
The flywheel on this bike is 32 pounds that is a good weight for home-use indoor studio cycle. Usually, a heavy FlyWheel creates a smoother movement and better resistance on a stationary bike.
The best thing is that it has both an inertia improved flywheel and magnet resistance. It can create fluid motion with minimal noise and ample resistance.
This resistance is usually found on high-end models because of the materials and mechanics involved. The benefits are:
- This indoor cycle is practically silent since there is no friction. The flywheel doesn’t make noise while braking or spinning.
- There is no need to replace parts because there are no brake pads or friction points on the flywheel or belt.
- The resistance can be calibrated and measured. This allows the s22i to offer 24 resistance level that are always the same.
On an indoor bike, you need a narrow, slightly padded seat with a smooth surface to prevent moisture build-up. Its narrow design allows the leg to move freely with each pedal rotation without too much thigh friction from the saddle itself.
The plus point is that its saddle can be replaced with any compatible bike seat.
The included pedals have a flat surface with the cages for a secure foothold. Also, pedals can be swapped out of clipless pedals if you want.
They have a horizontal grip bar, tri-position resting loop, and grip bar extensions that angle on either side. Also, they are coated with a spongy grip material that is soft on hands and arms. The design and comfort of handlebars offer good positioning while riding.
Preset Workouts Programs
It offers 35 preset workouts that include manual workouts, Interval, Strength training, Speed, Global Cycling, Cross Training, etc.
Manual Workouts: You can manually adjust the resistance and incline to create your workout.
Maps: Choose from a wide range of full-Color Map images from anywhere from Lake Como, or Italy to the beach of Cambodia. It displays a street view, a map view, satellite, and rotate. The bike adjusts settings to match the geography of each location.
Interval, Speed, Calorie Burn: These pre-programmed workouts display a graph of the overall routine.
Featured Workout of The Day: It displays google map locations featured for that day.
NordicTrack includes iFit free for one year with up to five profiles. It offers over 16,000 impressive options, and the graphics on outdoor rides are unmatched. It offers world class service.
Personal Trainer Led Cycling Classes
These classes are filmed in a studio with a trainer on a bike in front of you. It includes class options like HIIT, Intervals, hill climb, sprint sessions, etc.
It features 22″ touchscreen that is large and impressive. It sits 12″ behind the handlebars. This makes you feel like you are in the class or on the road with a trainer.
It rotates side to side and pivots up and down so that you can find the right height and angle. This feature makes it so you can see the screen regardless of height. You can do iFit exercises off the bike and rotate the screen for easy view.
Its display is crisp, and you can adjust the settings to get the resolution. Select the main menu icon and go down to equipment settings. From these settings, you can increase or decrease brightness and choose your resolution level.
It comes with settings for a moderate speed internet connection. If you find the video buffering or lagging, turn the resolution down.
The touchscreen capabilities on the Commercial S22i make navigating the bike and onboard program easy and intuitive. The screen is easy to reach while seated in the saddle.
Furthermore, you can use the touchscreen to change the incline and resistance or toggle through display options.
- It enhances the functionality by bringing the touch controls within easy reach.
- You can adjust resistance, incline, volume, screen settings, stat readout, etc.
- The speakers are present on the back of the screen.
The motor on the rear stabilizer lifts and lower the bike frame to simulate real hills and descents. It also enhances calorie burned rate when combined with resistance as it makes the workout more challenging.
It comes with 22 resistance levels that provide enough range on this bike. Its resistance creates heavy push back on the pedals. Moreover, the resistance can be adjusted on the QuickTouch control on the bar grip or the touchscreen.
When pedaling, it is remarkably silent. Its resistance doesn’t create much noise at all while pedaling or braking.
However, its motor is noisy when the bike adjusts incline and decline, but that isn’t constant or too loud.
The fans are attached below the screen and produce great airflow. You can adjust the direction of a fan by tilting the screen.
- Two 3lbs weights are included with the bike. These rest on a tray in between the screen and handlebars.
- There are two storage cups positioned underneath the handlebars and screen. You can place a medium-sized bottle or other accessories.
What’s covered by the warranty?
The warranty for this NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle provides:
- Frame: Lifetime
- Parts: 3 years
- Labor: 1 year
The S22i is the best indoor exercise bike that engineered from the ground up to provide extensive training on an indoor bike. It also offers great customer service.
Its 22″ HD monitor along with uphill/downhill slope to make the most of iFit cycling workouts. It is an amazing option for alternating between gym-style training and scenic outdoor tours. It also offers 1-year labor and 3-year parts warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you use this bike without an iFit Subscription?
You can use this S22i without an iFit subscription. It includes 1-year NordicTrack iFit membership.
2. Is there Heart Rate Monitoring on this S22i bike?
Yes, there is a heart rate monitor feature. It allows you to train in your target heart zone and monitor your pulse readouts on the display.