ProForm Recumbent Exercise Bike
Built For Users Who Want: a smooth drive system and motorized magnetic resistance for good workout experience.
- Oversized adjustable cushioned seat and backrest.
- Three panel LCD console with blue LED backlit
- Smooth and silent drive system.
- Adjustable stabilizers on the rear base.
- 18 digital resistance levels.
- Pulse hear rate sensors integrated into the front handlebars.
- Ipod compatible audio system.
ProForm is a leading brand for home treadmills, exercise bikes, elliptical trainers, and other fitness equipment. This bike from ProForm looks good in grey with white and red bits. It is easy to use and lower impact on joints. It offers lumbar back support during a low or high-impact workout.
It has an SMR silent automatic resistance system with 18 levels and 14 lbs flywheel for comfort and smooth riding. This may help you challenge and motivate yourself while you are on the exact training workout. Furthermore, its seat features smooth glide adjustment, and the pedals are ergonomically positioned for ideal body placement.
This ProForm 235 CSX has a step-thru design that makes it safer and ideal for recovery training. It provides you with various health benefits. You can work out on this exercise bike without being fatigued and risking injury on your knees, muscles, and bones. It is the best option at an affordable price for seniors and beginners.
ProForm 235 CSX Recumbent Exercise Bike Review: First Impressions
|ProForm Recumbent Exercise Bike Specifications|
|Resistance||Magnetic, 18 Levels|
|Weight Capacity||275 lbs|
|Dimension||56″ x 24″ x 44″|
|Heart Rate||Dual EKG grip Pulse Sensor|
Reasons To Buy
- Three panel LCD console window.
- 2″ layer of foam in the seat.
- StepThru design.
- Weighted pedals with adjustable straps.
- Silent eddy current resistance system.
- Designed with 18 workout programs.
- Front-mounted transport wheel.
- Built-in dual grip monitor.
Reasons To Avoid
- Front handlebar is too low for a user height above 5’8.
ProForm 235 CSX Bike: Detailed Specifications
It is one of the best budget-friendly recumbent bikes with an automatic resistance system. With eighteen workout apps you can do intense exercise to stay fit. However it is a quiet bike that gives you silent performance without disturbing your beloved ones. Thus, it comes with various features that may surely be helpful for you.
- FlyWheel: It is an inertia enhanced flywheel that means most of its weight is placed in its perimeter to give a more consistent momentum and a steadier motion. It weights 14 lbs that is a mid-range weight for a recumbent exercise bike.
- Recumbent Frame: It sports a comfortable recumbent frame that places you in an inclined position during your workout.
- Watts Power Meter: You can track your training intensity like the pros with a power meter for the purest indication of cycling performance.
- EKG Grip Pulse Sensor: Maximize your cardio workout with heart rate training. With an in-built grip pulse sensor, it keeps you in the heart rate zone.
- Adjustable Seat: It oversized seat with better cushioning gives you a comfortable riding experience. You can easily alter it to find the perfect fit.
- Water Bottle Holder: Stay hydrated during your workout by keeping your water bottle close with a convenient holder.
- Seat and Handlebars: It features an ergonomic seat with a 2″ layer of foam padding. The handlebars have a rubberized grip for more comfort.
- Maximum User Weight: This exercise CSX bike accommodates up to 275 lbs user weight.
- Sound System: It comes with an auxiliary audio port that allows you to listen to your entertainment at a higher volume.
- Warranty: ProFoam provides seven years warranty and 90 days part and labor warranty.
- Display: It large LCD window display for your workout stats, such as speed, distance, calories burn, heart rate, time, and watts.
This 235 CSX Recumbent Bike comes with a sturdy steel frame, and it can uphold user height up to 275 pounds. The frame’s base, along with the frame seat and console mast, features a corrosion-resistant black paint finish. Some parts have plastic construction, such as covering the resistance system and the console’s casing.
The weight of the bike is 100 lbs that adds quiet stability. Moreover, its rear base bar has a set of adjustable levelers, and its front base has rotating caps. It works like transport wheels and makes transportation easy.
Its step-thru design feature is quite useful for users with disabilities. The design makes it easy for the recovery patients or older people to have easy access to the seat.
This bike has a heavy-duty poly-v belt drive system in its internal transmission. It is stretch-resistant and durable enough to last for a long time. Furthermore, it has three main advantages:
- It needs no lubrication
- Generate less vibration than a chain
- It provides an almost completely silent drive
Also, the crankset boasts solid steel crank arms. Since this is a recumbent exercise bike, it is not built for standing up on the pedals. Its pedal is weighed and features a non-slip surface. There are adjustable straps that help to secure your feet during cycling.
This Bike gives an intense and effective workout performance every time. You can track your training intensity, such as the good, with a power meter for the purest indication of your exercise bike performance.
It has an eddy current resistance system that consists of a small servo motor and a magnetic brake. Its console requires 4 D-type batteries to function that are not included. You can adjust the resistance with +/- buttons on the console. When you can set the resistance, the servo motor changes the magnetic brake position with the flywheel. It increases or decreases the intensity of the internal magnetic field.
From 1-3, lower tension levels give little pedal tension meant for users with disabilities or users who need recovery training. Due to this, 17-18 resistance levels simulate a steep climb and allow to perform the more intense cardio workout and leg muscle burn.
Built with dual 2-inch speakers, you will hear your music and videos while working out. You can enjoy music and increase or decrease your pace to match the tempo of the tunes. Moreover, there is an audio jack input on the console and controls for sound volume. It is compatible with most smartphones, tablets, or MP3 players.
It comes with an ergonomic seat and backrest. They are well padded with a 2″ layer of foam passing and durable vinyl upholstery. With its adjusting seat, you can move it forward or backward on its rail and lock it in the desired position with the lever on the right side.
There are two sets of handlebars, one attached to the seat and one attached to the console mast. These are non-adjustable and have rubberized grips for extra comfort and a firm grip. Its front handlebars have an integrated pulse sensor.
The only drawback is the placement of front handlebars. This bike is not suitable for 5’8″ or taller users.
A media shelf is placed at the top of the console that can accommodate most phones or tablets. Further, it may cover up your console screen partially.
This ProForm bike features an impressive console with an LCD screen that has an LED backlight. The display screen is divided into three main sections:
- Its top section tracks speed (RPM), power in watts, and the heart rate when you can touch the handlebar sensors. It also shows a tension level for a while when you alter it. Then the screen again indicates each one of these workout metrics for a few seconds.
- The center section indicates the distance and time. It can be set either in kilometers or meters. If a goal value is set for a time, the screen will show the remaining time for reaching that target rather than the elapsed time. It alternatively shows these workout data, each for a few seconds.
- Its bottom section shows cycle pedaling speed and calorie burn. You can tune the console to show up the speed in kilometers or mph.
It does not have any online connection capabilities. The console integrates a sound system and table holder.
Preset Workout Programs
There are 18 preset programs in its console’s memory, divided into different categories such as watts workout and calories workouts.
It focuses on resistance, and watts have their own buttons on the console. On the other hand, calorie workouts aim at tension and speed. When you select a preset workout, this exercise bike will auto-adjust the resistance depending on each program segment.
The 235 CSX internal parts, including flywheel, belt pulley, and crank arms, are already assembled and attached to the frame. You can attach the seat, base bars, backrest, console mast, base bars, and pedals. The whole process takes up to an hour.
Its manual provides all required information and diagrams for the exercise bike assembly. It includes a basic toolkit in the package. The plus point of this machine is that it does not require lubrication. You can check the point for any loose bolts and parts from time to time and remove the dust.
This 235 CSX recumbent bike is a cost-efficient option that helps you reach the quickest and most comfortable fitness goals. With its advanced features, you can enjoy the best experience programs in the most convenient way.
It is great for providing you medium-intensity cardio workouts, muscle toning, stamina boost, and many more. It gives proper weight placement and a quicker gear ratio for more natural cycling. Overall, this bike is the best recumbent bike under $500 with all basic functions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do ProForm 235 Require An iFit Subscription?
No, you don’t need an iFit subscription to use ProForm treadmill. It’ll work fine with 18 onboard programs. It offers a lot of training options to workout. You can see workout metrics on your console.
2. Is ProForm Recumbent Bike good for knees?
This exercise bike is gentle on your knees. Its bucket seat gives support to the lower back. It protects knees and ankles from potential injurious impact.
3. How long should I Exercise On A Recumbent Bike?
To get an excellent result, you need to exercise long enough and often enough. The 30 minutes of cardio for health benefits and 60-90 minutes of cardio for weight loss in five days of the week is recommended.
4. What Are The Benefits Of ProForm Recumbent Bike?
- Less stress on joints
- The large seat is comfortable and reduces post workouts
- Reclined position easier on the lower back and ideal for users with low back injuries
- Safer than an upright bike
- Offers stability and balance