Schwinn 130 Upright Bike
Built For Users Who Want: Cost-efficient exercise bike comes with a great features. It gives a smooth and quiet outdoor exercise bike experience.
Amazon.com Price as of 2021-05-06
- One-piece crank design.
- 22 pre-set workout programs.
- High inertia drive system.
- Enable the user to set an individual exercise goal.
- Water bottle holder, device holder for user convenience.
Schwinn is one of the best brands for home spin bikes, treadmills, elliptical trainers, tread climbers, upright bikes, and more. This Schwinn 130 model was recently updated in the year 2020. It looks good and attractive in the color of black with grey and red bits. Further, it comes with several changes in features from the previous model, like a number of resistance settings, workout programs, and console control.
Its model’s main and attractive thing is the Bluetooth connectivity that makes it compatible with third-party apps such as Explore the World (Subscription required) and Zwift. It is a budget-friendly product that offers a better outdoor bike riding experience through its new attractive features.
Schwinn 130 Upright Bike Review: First Impressions
Amazon.com Price as of 2021-05-06
|Schwinn130 Upright Bike Specifications|
|Resistance||Fluid, 20 Levels|
|Heart Rate Console||Contact Sensor|
|User Height||4’5″ to 6’6″|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Dimension||41.34″ x 21.26″ x 55.51″|
Reasons To Buy
- DualTrack LCD console.
- User-friendly feature.
- Different cardio workout programs.
- Easy to use and assemble.
- Contact sensor for heart rate monitoring.
- Padded contoured seat.
- 20 levels of resistance.
- Perform quiet operation.
Reasons To Avoid
- Not compatible with wireless heart rate monitors.
- Require more time to assemble.
Schwinn 130 Upright Bike: Detailed Specifications
This Schwinn 130 Upright Bike is an ideal choice for beginners who want to lose weight, increase leg muscle strength, and more. This bike provides some features that will be helpful for you. Here we explain some important features that you can find in your exercise bike.
- Resistance: The fluid resistance of these bike pedals comes with a 13 lbs flywheel with a magnetic brake. You can choose a resistance level of 20 as per your ride needs with a digital knob.
- Adjustable handlebars and seat: It has an adjustable handlebar and saddle padded seat for more comfort. For the long indoor bike ride, you can swap out the seat to get a perfect bike riding experience. You can adjust the bike seat up and down with a pin.
- Portable: This is an ergonomic design bike, and its narrow footprints can take very little space in your home. Moreover, it is built of durable steel material that makes it a long-lasting product for many years.
- Console Control: This Upright bike comes with a dual-track LCD panel. It can show your workout progress such as RPMs, speed, distance, time, pulse rate, burned calories, and many more. Besides, it is capable of monitoring two user’s profiles for long-term data.
- Pedals: The pedals of the bike are simpler than others. Its one-piece crank design with attached shoe straps.
- Transportable Wheels: This bike comes with transportable wheels that are equipped on the front side. You can easily transport this bike from one place to another.
This Schwinn 130 upright bike is built of solid steel material and weight around 300 lbs. It is a compact and sleek design bike that can easily accommodate in your smaller room. Furthermore, it is a lightweight product than a spinning bike, so it is easy to transport. If you think this is not a foldable bike and take much space in your home. Then you are thinking wrong as its ergonomic design covers very little area.
It is equipped with a foot stabilizer that allows a stable and safe ride even on uneven floors. The bike’s front side includes transportation wheels that make the relocation of the bike much easier.
Drive and Brake System
This exercise bike provides an eddy brake system. On the other hand, the drag force of this bike is done through an electromagnetic field. It can perform a very smooth and silent operation. It has 20 levels of resistance, making it a great exercise bike for the beginner and some advanced users.
This bike has one-piece crank design pedals with standard enforced toe straps. The flywheels have a 13 lbs weight for high-inertia and high speed.
This Schwinn 130 Upright Bike is an extremely quiet machine. It has a heavy-duty high-inertia belt-drive system for many years of use. Its flywheels are not a bit heavier, but it features a balanced structure. It gives consistent momentum and a constant feel to your long bike ride.
It has a fluid magnetic system with 20 levels of settings. You can adjust the resistance level through the console panel. This system gives a magnetic brake pad and a small servo motor for the emergency brake. When you can set the resistance level, the command will be sent to the servo that automatically adjusts the magnetic pads position.
This machine has an adjustable seat height feature that can adjust to fit the range of the saddle height. You can set the height of the seat according to your comfort. It can adjust in two different ways like horizontally and vertically.
If your height is longer than 6’6″, then you can face some problems with your ankles. Most exercise bikes are manufactured according to the user’s height. In this case, your height is more than 6’6″, so you can choose the best one that fits your requirements.
We spend much time testing on the Schwinn 130 Upright and find it is a relatively more comfortable exercise bike. It has a large padded seat so that you can adjust the seat according to your comfort. On the other hand, the seat of this upright bike is the same as simple bikes, although it is good for a more relaxed and good body position.
This machine comes with adjustable handlebars. The angle of the handlebars can adjust easily and offer the possibility of multiple workout postures. It is padded with rubber foam for an excellent grip, and even your hands become sweaty. The best thing about these handlebars is the integrated pulse sensors that connect to the central console. Therefore, you cannot need to use additional heart rate straps.
This machine provides a padded saddle seat that is wide enough to support the user’s heavyweight without generating any soreness or back pain. You are able to adjust the seat vertically and horizontally. The maximum height of the user of 6’6″, and the minimum height is 4’5″. It gives you a brilliant outdoor bike riding experience with a more comfortable seat.
Water Bottle And Device Holder
This Bike is furnished with a water bottle holder that you can stay hydrated always during the time of your workout. You can enjoy your favorite drink at the time of a long indoor bike ride. With this device holder feature, you can see your favorite shows, movies, workout videos, play music, and many more.
This bike comes with a feature of a large size console panel with a dual-track display. The upper panel shows the user information, workout profile, programs, and the user’s current pulse rate zone. The user can set the goal on display and get ready to complete it. When the user can achieve their goal, the console gets a celebratory beep. It can provide a big boost of motivation when you hear it.
The other smaller display is divided into four parts. It can display the distance in a mile, speed, time, calories burned, and pulse rate. There are 22 buttons on either side of the console. It has a quick resistance that provides the ability to jump the level of the resistance. The level you can jump from is 1, 3, 9, 14, 18, 3, 7, 12, 16, and 20.
This bike has quick start, pause/end, programs, and goal tracks buttons to set up the console to choose the programs.
Preset Workout Programs
This bike comes with an in-built 22 workout program for your full-body exercise. You are able to check your fitness level and pre-set programs on the console panel. In this section, we can explain some important features that you must consider before starting your exercise.
- User Profile: This bike’s console can save the two different user profiles for a long time that makes it easier, faster to get your exercise/workout started. It has an attractive system that is built-in to two fitness tests for beginners, recovery, and more advanced. The main motive of the programs is to improve the user workout accurately.
- Quick Start Button: This machine comes with a quick start button that is displayed on the console panel first part. After selecting the user profile, you need to push the quick-start button. Then, you can start the workout and adjust the resistance level according to your long bike ride.
- Heart rate monitor program: This machine has four different types of pulse rate control programs such as 50 to 60%, 60 to 70%, 70-80%, and last is 80 to 90% that depend upon your workout target. Before, start a workout, you need to set the resistance level, target, and more things.
This Schwinn 130 Upright Bike is easy to set up without any complications that make it a portable machine. The parts required to assemble are handlebars, padded seat, foot stabilizer, a base tube of the outer frame, console panel, and paddle with the safety of toe cages. The whole process can take up to a minimum of two hours and maximum three-four hours.
You need to assemble it step-by-step, which is explained in the instruction from the Schwinn company. They provide all the required tools in the package of the machine.
This Schwinn 130 Bike comes with a warranty of different parts that must need to check before buying the product.
- Frame: 10 years
- Mechanical Parts: 2 years
- Electronic Parts: 1 year
- Labor: 90 days
Schwinn 130 is a cost-efficient Upright Bike that is similar to a commercial-grade exercise bike. This is a fully sturdiness and impressive indoor exercise bike. In this price range, the bike provides various unique features and workout programs.
Moreover, this bike can manage your heart rate wirelessly and it displays your workout progress on the console panel like distance, speed, calories burned, RPMs, time and more. It is easy to use, budget-friendly, and gives versatile performance always.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is The Difference Between In Upright And Recumbent Bike?
If you’re looking for an indoor bike that provides you whole-body exercise, then an upright bike is a great option. It is comfortable and a portable bike. Whenever you can face the back problem, then you can pick a recumbent bike as it provides more comfort, and you can sit in a natural posture.
2. Does Upright Bike Burn Belly Fat?
Yes, cycling on this upright bike is very efficient to burn your calories 300 to 700 kcal in one hour, and it helps to lose your body fat through cardio and HIIT exercises. Thus, you are able to burn your full body fat faster. Riding on this Schwinn 130 Upright bike is a very effective way to lose your body or belly fat.
3. Which Bike Is More Expensive Upright Or Spin?
The Upright bike is a very less expensive exercise machine than a spin bike. A spin bike is an expensive bike, if you are a beginner in this field spin bike is not the right choice. It is an excellent choice for a commercial grade or some advanced users.