Schwinn 170 Upright Exercise Bike
Built For Users Who Want: an upright exercise bike with enough training features and tremendous performance at a cost-effective price.
- Sturdy frame.
- Simple to use console.
- 29 preset workout programs.
- 25 resistance levels.
- 22 pounds flywheel.
- Magnetic resistance.
- The bike can withstand 300 pounds of weight.
Today our team is going to analyze the complete specifications, advantages, disadvantages, etc., of the Schwinn 170 Upright Bike. Being our reader, you can take a detailed insight into this exercise bike that ultimately lets you decide whether it fits your standards or not.
Bring many health benefits of cycling right into your home with the Schwinn 170 exercise equipment. It is designed to provide a comfortable ride and move you quickly towards your goals with several cardio workout options. In addition, users will be getting a fully-featured, “Explore the World” compatible console and effortless data tracking to monitor their progress. Hence, it is considered the best upright bike in this price range.
In general, this bike offers a great cardio workout as well as strengthens your leg and core muscles. You can use this fitness machine by sitting and standing, depending on your preference. Plus, there will be plenty of features like Bluetooth connectivity, adjustable handlebars, sturdy frame, USB port, fan, etc., to achieve your fitness goals.
Schwinn 170 Upright Bike Review: First Impressions
|Schwinn 170 Upright Exercise Bike Specifications|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Dimensions||41.3″ x 21.4″ x 55.6″ (L x W x H)|
|Display||DualTrack two blue backlit LCD|
|Resistance Mechanism||Fluid (Magnetic)|
|USB Charging Port||Yes|
|Number of Resistance Levels||25|
|Warranty||10-year (Frame), 2-year (Parts), 1-year (Electronics), and 90-day (Labor)|
Reasons To Buy
- Easy assembly.
- The drink holder lets you keep your drink handy.
- A tablet holder allows users to enjoy their loved web shows or workout training videos delightfully.
- Front transport wheels assist in easy moving and storage.
- The adjustable bicycle seat fits with any family member.
- Reasonable price.
- Four different user profiles can be saved in the equipment.
- The backlit display shows the exercise details correctly even in low light.
- The cooling fan keeps the users comfortable during a workout session.
Reasons To Avoid
- The chest strap is not included.
- Short labor warranty.
- Bluetooth Connectivity – Users can set, track, and observe their exercise progress with various popular app-based tracking tools like MyFitnessPal, GoogleFit, Apple Health, MapMyRun/Ride, etc.
- LCD – The LCD screen offers increased visibility to programs and goal tracking.
- Charging Port – This option lets the users charge up their electronic devices at full battery life so that they can enjoy their loved tunes while doing exercises uninterruptedly.
- MP3 Input – The built-in audio jack allows consumers to plug their mobiles or tablets into in-console speakers.
- Device Holder – You can keep your device, such as a smartphone, tablet, or other electronic gadgets, on the holder to watch any TV shows or even your favorite workout videos.
- Fan – The built-in fan allows users to stay cool while exercising for a long time.
- Water Bottle Holder – This upright exercise bike provides the consumers with an option to keep their bottle nearby with either water or other drinks.
- Mobility – You can easily move the fitness bike from one room to another with the front-mounted wheels without lifting it or any muscle strain.
- Levelers – The levelers help keep the workout machine to the ground at a stable position.
- Exercise Programs – Consumers get a total of 29 preprogrammed exercises, and among these they can set four custom programs as per their wish.
The fitness bike comes with a 41.3 inches length, 21.4 inches width, and 55.6 inches height. Furthermore, the heavy-duty frame supports 300 pounds of user weight and provides a stable workout platform. Besides, the integrated back levelers keep the bike grounded and stable.
The padded contoured seat of this upright bike is sufficiently wider to support heavyweight users. Therefore, you will not feel any back pain or soreness. Plus, it adjusts horizontally and vertically to fit any member of the family.
Handlebars and Pedals
Users get adjustable padded handlebars with this bike that helps them keep their arms in the forearm rest for maximum comfort. On the other hand, they get oversized foot pedals with straps attached to add stability for their workout.
This Schwinn bike includes a high-speed, high-inertia perimeter-weighted flywheel that weighs 22 pounds. The flywheel makes gravely little noise while someone pedals on it. As a result, users get a smooth and steady cycling experience.
Let your worries be gone during a strenuous workout session. The Schwinn 170 indoor bike offers you a drink holder option. You can put your bottle with water or various vegetable or fruit juices to quench your thirst while performing exercises. Apart from that, you will be getting an adjustable three-speed fan to let you stay cool and comfortable at the time of doing workouts.
Suppose you have decided to do your workouts somewhere else and want to relocate the bike. Do not take the pressure of calling someone. This equipment is manufactured with transportation wheels to help you move effortlessly from one place to another at your home.
Console / Controls
- Display – You can check your whole current workout statistics, such as the speed, time taken, calories burned, heartbeat rate, distance covered, etc., easily in the backlit LCD monitor system.
- USB Chargeable Port – Do not get worried about charging your smart devices from now on. This bike lets you charge your phones, tablets, or music so that you can unstoppably watch or listen to your favorite entertainment stuff.
- Audio Jack – In case your smartphone or iPod does not have loud sound quality, you can plug the device into the speakers available on the console. Thus, experience all new possibilities when you are working out.
- Media Shelf – The Schwinn 170 bike’s console offers almost everything a user needs while exercising. It is pre-installed with a shelf that keeps the tablet, mobile, or even reading material so that the users can either watch or read, generally whatever they like.
You will have a total of 29 previously set exercise programs. Among these, there will be 12 programs for controlling the profile, 9 for heart condition checking, 2 for handling fitness tests, 1 for recovery test, and 1 program to start the workout bike quickly. Plus, you can set 4 programs on your own, making a sum of 29 programs.
“Explore the World” Subscription
Users can move at their own pace as it automatically adjusts to their speed. Additionally, they can discover a wide variety of route lengths with new destinations added in the app regularly on a monthly basis. This application further lets them track distance, speed, calories, time, heart rate, etc., after they sync their data. On the other hand, they can also transfer these metrics via Bluetooth. Overall, it will be a new experience as consumers can save previous stats here as well as be able to share the results.
The Schwinn 170 workout machine offers enough resistance to perform your exercises. It is not the case that you have to do your workouts at a fixed level. If you require more workout intensity, just increase the resistance level, and it will be at your fingertip. Simultaneously, you can achieve your fitness goals comfortably with the available flexible foot pedal, handlebar, and movable seat in both directions (horizontally and vertically). Last but not least, if you wish to connect with the advanced trainers of the world, you can do it just by buying a subscription to the paid applications.
There will be 25 levels of resistance that is considered pretty high for this home gym bike and is computer-controlled. Choose the levels as per your requirements, and you will gain your desired results. By the way, the higher the rating, the more intense the workouts will be.
Heart Rate Monitoring
It is crucial to check your heart condition before performing extreme workouts. In order to make you feel comfortable, Schwinn offers pulse grips with this bike that assist in measuring your heart rate. So, check your heartbeat rate while doing exercises and increase the resistance as per your needs.
The Schwinn 170 workout equipment comes with an instruction manual that contains every bit of information with a detailed explanation. Just read the whole assembly guidebook carefully, and you will understand what steps you have to perform one after another. As the bike is light in weight, you can set it up yourself. All you have to do is arrange an adjustable wrench to tighten up every nut and bolt. Finally, perform your workouts and get in shape once the machine is completely assembled.
Schwinn provides its users with excellent maintenance assistance. Before you make a final call on purchasing the workout equipment, go through the warranty details once. This indoor workout bike comes with 10 years of free service on the frame, 2 years on the parts, 1 year for the electronic elements, and 90 days on the labor charges. The most critical information about the warranty is that it is applicable only to the original owner and on the manufacturing defects only.
- Frame – 10 Years.
- Parts – 2 Years.
- Electronics – 1 Year.
- Labor – 90 Days.
The Schwinn 170 exercise equipment combines intuitive design with user-friendly technology to make your cardio exercise smarter, smoother, and more enjoyable. With this indoor bike, you will get a Bluetooth connection, oversized pedals, streamlined console, magnetic resistance system, etc.
The high-speed and high inertia drive system of the bike offers an easy start-up with quiet and consistent workouts. Aside from that, the upgraded pedal system features a durable 3-piece crank with a perimeter-weighted flywheel.
Users can enter into a new world of opportunities with the paid subscriptions of various fitness applications and discover 50 plus global routes that automatically adjust in real-time to their speed. Above all, this upright bike will fulfill their needs at an affordable cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I stop pedaling from the usual forward side and do it backward?
We recommend you pedal in the forward position only, as going backward can affect the components inside the bike.
2. Does the bike run quietly?
Yes, the Schwinn 170 fitness machine runs smoothly and quietly.
3. How to turn on this Schwinn bike?
All you need to do is plug the bike into any standard electrical wall outlet on a 110-120 volts circuit, and it will run smoothly.
- Ancheer Indoor Cycling Exercise Bike
- Ativafit Foldable Exercise Bike
- Echelon Smart Connect EX-5 Bike
- LifeSpan R5i Recumbent Bike
- ProForm 235 CSX Recumbent Bike
- Proform Studio Bike Pro
- Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
- Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
- Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike
- Sole B94 Upright Bike
- Stamina Cardio Exercise Bike
- Weslo Cross Cycle Upright Bike