In A Hurry? Our Top Reasons To Buy
Built For Users Who Want: A bike that can comfortably support up to 300lbs. It is great for light to moderate cardiovascular workouts.
Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike
- Large seat with good padding.
- Unlimited wind resistance, good for high intensity workouts.
- Innovative compact design.
- High strength fan.
- 2-stage high torque drive belts.
- Built-in water bottle holder.
- 300 lbs User Weight Capacity
- RevMeter RPM gage
- Self balancing foot pedals with foot straps.
- Quiet, smooth fan that keeps you cool.
It is a total body trainer with thousands of satisfied owners. It can offer you with lots of resistance, and a great upper body workout.
It is a budget-friendly upright bike that is perfect for your home gym. This bike provides an unlimited amount of resistance because of its frictionless fan.
For all ability levels, it supports cardiovascular fitness, body toning and weight management.
The best thing is that it has moving handlebars. Also, its leg rests are attached so you can exercise two ways. You can use the handlebars in isolation or move your arms and legs together.
It also comes with some add-on accessories for the AD6, like a reading rack and wind screen. Therefore, Schwinn AD6 Airdyne is an excellent bike with some amazing features and everything you’ll need to get in to shape.
Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike Review: First Impressions
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Seat||Padded & Vertically Adjustable|
|Display||High Resolution LCD|
|Number of Programs||6|
|Footprint||49.7″ x 25.7″ x 50.9″|
|Seat Height||Tested for users five feet tall and above|
|Resistance Type||Wind resistance|
- Telemetry heart rate monitor compatible.
- The enlarged console allows you to see all metrics simultaneously.
- Built-in water bottle holder makes it easy to stay hydrated during your workouts.
- Two years part warranty.
- Dual-stage high torque belts.
- BioSynch linkage system with shrouding for safe workouts.
- Straps on self-balancing pedals for better motion control.
- There are no training programs or user profiles.
- Its seat only adjusts vertically.
Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike: Detailed Features
- Workout Data: It offers all the data you need to monitor your workout appropriately. From speed to distance, and RPM, calories burned, pulse, and more you can track your efforts to achieve your goal.
- Resistance: The harder you pedal this AD6, the more resistance causes. It includes a durable ABS plastic fan. It’s quiet and frictionless; thus, it won’t bother the rest of the family.
- Monitoring: It also allows users to train in their heart target zone. You can use readouts on the monitor and keep tabs on your efforts to assure you remain in the right fat-burning or cardio zone.
- Easy Transport: This bike weighs in at 112 pounds. Also, it has convenient transport wheels that make it easy to move around.
- Balance and Comfort: Usually, exercise bike seats can be downright uncomfortable. Therefore, AirDyne offers an extra padded seat and anatomically designed. It is combined with self-balanced pedals with included straps.
- Add-On Accessories: It comes with accessories that help you personalize your experience for your unique needs. Its reading rack allows you to keep up on your to-read list.
The resistance on this bike is created by the fans rotating against air. The more you pedal, the more resistance you feel. As with all air bikes, the resistance level is unlimited.
You can also get an upper body exercise with the moving handlebars. In the way the pedals and handlebars are set up on this bike, their movement is in sync. So your legs and arms move together during use. This is normal for air bikes, but if you have never used one before it might take some time used to.
However, if you want to work just your arms or legs you can. It also features little foot pegs on each side that you can rest your feet on if you want to give your body a workout. This bike is designed, so most of the air is projected forward and not directly into your face.
Mostly seats on exercise bikes are uncomfortable. The seat on the Schwinn AD6 is larger and has more padding as compared to the seat on the AD2.
Also, it has an anatomic design that makes it comfortable for either women or men to sit on while exercising. The height of the AD6 seat is adjustable, and Schwinn tests the height for users who are at least five feet tall.
A user who is under five feet may have problems reaching the handlebars. However, they do move, so once in hand, shorter users can also work out comfortably.
It has a compact design so that you can move it into another part of the room or store it in a large closet when not in use. Its total weight is only 115 pounds and has transport wheels that make it portable.
It is built from a sturdy metal frame. There are 4-levelers to keep this stable while you are exercising. It also features a thickly padded seat to make riding more comfortable.
Its fan provides an infinite amount of resistance. However, there isn’t a knob to turn or a button to press to change the resistance.
The fan of AD6 is made to be frictionless, so that it makes a little noise when you are pedaling the bike. Moreover, the frictionless design makes exercising on the bike easier on the body. Therefore, even if you have arthritic joints, you can work out comfortably.
When it comes to weight capacity, bigger is always better, that means a machine is well-built and more sturdy.
It has a max weight limit of 300 pounds. It is a solid weight and is what we should expect in this mid-range price tag.
Preset Workout Programs
This AD6 bike from Schwinn has a data monitor, but it lacks training programs. It has an advanced monitor compared with the AD2. It shows all data files at once, and readouts include time, distance, speed, and Watts.
Its RevMeter shows at the top of the screen. It is especially useful during interval training. You can select from English and Metric settings.
Schwinn made some upgrades to the display. The previous model has a very small screen. Here, Schwinn has increased the size, which makes it easier to view all of the standard workout metrics.
Another big improvement is that you can easily see all your stats at the same time on this console. It can display time, speed, distance, calories and pulse at all times. On the other side, the cheaper model can only display one metric at a time in a constant scan mode.
This AD6 bike has a little RPM meter at the top, which gives you a visual representation of how fast you are pedaling.
It also features a telemetry heart monitoring. This console is powered with 2 AA batteries, and they are not supplied with it.
Comfort and Ergonomics
While the seat is comfortable for an upright bike, after a while, you will begin to feel numbness. Therefore, you may not be able to work out as much as you would like tp on a single session.
Its pedals have foot straps that can be adjusted easily to fit your preferences.
There is an integrated bottle holder placed right in front of the console. You can continuously pedal without stopping to get yourself a drink and cool off.
Heart Rate Monitoring
This AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike comes with heart monitoring capability. It allows you to train in your target zone.
You can monitor pulse readouts on the computer display to assure that you are in the right cardio zone.
However, Schwinn doesn’t include a chest strap monitor. The AD6 Bike works with Polar compatible 4.5kHz-5.5kHz chest straps.
The assembly process for the Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Bike is simple with the instruction manual. The bigger components come assembled in the box, and instruction is easy to read. It also includes all the tools that you’ll need to put this bike together.
Some of the main components can be a little heavy, but a single person can manage the assembly. It should take no more than 45 minutes to complete assembly.
What’s covered by the warranty?
The AD6 Airdyne is sold with free warranty coverage including:
- Frame: 5 years
- Parts: 2 years
- Electronics: 2 years
- Labor: 6 months
Moreover, the manufacturer provides a 60-day money-back guarantee.
The Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Upright Exercise Bike under $600 offers great affordability, quality and a comprehensive full workout. At this price, you are getting the best stationary bike with everything you’ll want for a great workout.
The air resistance offers an intense workout for any fitness level. Its BioSynch linkage system with shrouding enables for a higher degree of safety.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does this AD6 bike feature an LCD display?
It features an LCD console with continuously visible metrics and a RevMeter gauge that is perfect for interval training.
2. What is the resistance type in this AD6 AirDyne Bike?
It features wind resistance via the frictionless fan.
2. Is there Heart Rate Monitoring on AD6 bike?
Yes, there is a heart rate monitoring feature. It allows you to train in your target heart zone and monitor your pulse readouts on the computer display.