Weslo Cross Cycle Upright Exercise Bike
Built For Users Who Want: Cost-efficient upright bike for home use that comes with a decent features.
- Solid, sturdy steel frame.
- Inertia enhanced flywheel.
- Pedals with strap for comfort.
- Ergonomically designed handlebar.
- Integrated media shelf.
- Smooth resistance system.
Weslo is one of the leading brands under ICON Health and Fitness that develops good quality and long-lasting fitness equipment. They manufacture treadmills, exercise bikes, ellipticals, rowing machines, etc.
This exercise bike is designed to offer a low-impact cardio workout. It is one of the best upright bikes that should be a perfect choice for your home gym. The bike lets you have a full-body workout with natural cycling motion. With the Weslo Cross Cycle Upright Bike, you can start casual, easy warm-up, and slowly turn up resistance for a challenging workout.
You can easily achieve fitness goals with this bike and also help you monitor your targets. All in all, it is the perfect option for beginners and intermediate users who want a fit body and a healthy mind. This review takes an in-depth look at the specifications, design features, console, and ease of assembly that will help you decide if this is the bike that suits your budget and workouts needs.
Weslo Cross Cycle Upright Exercise Bike Review: First Impressions
|Weslo Upright Bike Specifications|
|Weight Capacity||250 lbs|
|Display||Single window display|
|Pedals||Pedals with strap|
|Warranty||90 days parts and labor|
|Dimension||49″ x 20″ x 42.5″|
Reasons To Buy
- Steel frame gives excellent stability.
- Dual-action arms offer an excellent upper and lower body exercise.
- Inertia enhanced flywheel gives smooth and consistent motion.
- Adjustable resistance levels.
- Padded seat for more comfort.
- Tracks speed, time, distance, RPMs, and calories.
Reasons To Avoid
- No Bluetooth Connectivity.
- No built-in workout programs.
Weslo Cross Cycle Upright Bike: Detailed Specifications
- Adjustable Seat: This exercise bike has an adjustable seat and comes with padding. Also, its padding gives great comfort while sitting on it for a longer period. The seat has a vertical adjustment facility that helps in finding the perfect position for an effective and comfortable workout.
- Pedals: This cycle comes with straps to avoid foot slippage while exercising. It helps to increase the stability of your feet and makes you feel comfortable. The interesting fact about pedals is that they can be used with the opposite side up. This dual-mode is a great add-on in upright bikes.
- Magnetic Resistance: It features manual resistance. You can manually adjust the suitable resistance with the help of a knob that is located in front of the cycle. Further, you can set the level as per your fitness level. You can adjust it from the tension knob and start working for a high resistance workout or calorie burn workout.
- Flywheel Weight: It features an inertia enhanced wheel that delivers smooth and natural motion to the user. It provides much-needed fluid to the machine and gives an excellent full-body workout.
- Compact Size: This bike has a compact, upright design and is a good choice for people who are planning to use it at home. It easily fits anywhere without taking much space.
- LCD Display: It comes with an LCD screen that displays the workout stats such as Distance, Speed, Time, Watts, Calories, and RPM. These readings are easy to read and offer visible progress of your workout. Also, you can track your goals easily.
- High Weight Capacity: The Weslo upright bike has a maximum weight capacity of 250 lbs. It features a sturdy steel frame that makes it stable and can hold heavy weight without wobbling.
The Cross Cycle features dual-action arms that allow a great upper and lower body workout. It is particularly designed for home use and not very large sized. The length of the machine is 49 inches and the width being 20″. However, you have to leave a clearance of at least 2 feet on all its sides for safe access and operation. Apart from this, this bike is not very heavy; it is stable and doesn’t wobble even if you pedal at the highest speed. For the safety of the bike and floor, placing a mat below is a great idea.
Overall, the build quality of the Weslo exercise bike is amazing. Its frame is made of steel that gives enough strength and sturdiness to handle tough workouts. It is covered with durable polyurethane that makes it long-lasting and easy to maintain. Furthermore, the inertia-enhanced flywheel delivers a good cardio workout.
The machine boasts toe straps with pedals that give a firm grip to the foot while exercising. All in all, its design is great enough for a modern machine that satisfies the basic needs of a home gym. Designed keeping traditional cycling in mind and solid build gives the user a smooth and natural glide.
The Weslo exercise bike has an LCD display that helps users control their workout progress throughout the workout. Its display shows stats like time elapsed, speed, distance, RPM, and calories burned. The console of Weslo cycle is powered by 2 AA batteries.
To turn the console on, you have to press the Display Mode button. Also, it can be started even by starting pedaling. However, the display screen is small, so you need to press the display button until the required information is highlighted instead of all information being displayed at once. Speed and distance on the console are displayed in both imperial and metric units, i.e., miles and kilometers for distance and kilometers per hour (km/h) and miles per hour (mph) for speed.
You can pause the console by stopping pedaling. And when you finish a workout, the console will automatically turn off after a few minutes of inactivity.
Set-Up Process and Warranty
This upright exercise bike comes in a well-labeled package. The kit comes with a detailed instructions manual but no tools. Thus, be prepared with the essential tools at the time of assembly. Also, the machine is easy to assemble and doesn’t take much time to assemble completely. It requires a minimum of two persons for the installation process and will take around an hour and a half.
When it comes to warranty, Weslo gives a 90 days warranty on labor and parts that is decent as compared to the price range of this machine. Best of all, Weslo gives a 30-day trial period on all its products. And in case of a defective machine, they will exchange the machine or refund the full money.
The Weslo Cross is an ideal Upright bike for those who want to get inspired for a consistent and prolonged workout. Its compact, space-saving design makes it the best choice for a home gym. The build quality is solid and offers delicate features. Also, the adjustable resistance levels provide an appropriate workout to each user.
Also, its adjustable seat lets the user set a comfortable position while pedaling. It is a long-lasting machine and will help in burning extra calories. Overall it is the perfect upright exercise cycle for people who want a full-body workout and want to follow a fixed fitness routine. This cycle will help users to achieve their fitness goals, like cardiac strength, muscle toning and development, weight loss, and stamina build up.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I Burn More Calories On A Recumbent Or Upright Bike?
Upright bike targets abs, glutes, back, arms, and even neck. It provides a total body exercise and burn more calories than recumbent bikes.
2. Weslo upright cycle is suitable for whom?
It is an excellent machine for fitness freaks who want to build a small gym in their home. It comes with decent features and good build quality at an affordable price—all in all, the best choice for those who are looking forward to a daily routine of fitness.
3. Does Weslo Cross Bike Come With Workout Programs?
There are no preset workout programs that come with this machine. However, you can work on various aspects of your body with the help of different resistance levels.