Bowflex Blaze Home Gym
Built For Users Who Want: to engage in total body workout sessions. Perfect machine for beginners who want to get started working out from home.
- Bowflex patent Power Rod resistance.
- 60+ Exercises.
- Spacious workout area.
- Suitable for all ages and experience levels.
- Effective resistance system.
- Multiple cable pulley positions.
- Sliding seat rail for aerobic rowing and leg presses.
If you have no time to go to the gym but want to have full-body training, then this home gym can be a perfect option for you. This Bowflex Blaze home Gym uses Power Rod technology to increase strength training and hit fitness goals. It provides a complete body workout in one machine.
Best of all, it uses minimal space, offers a lot of versatility, and has low resistance on the joints. The Blaze home gym is considered a beginner/intermediate Bowflex system; thus, it can be suitable for a wide variety of folks.
With the mid-level pulleys, you can perform various chest exercises or an aerobic row with a sliding seat. Plus, for full-body, you can use the leg extension to work your quads and hamstrings. Also, there are some cardio workout options, but this Blaze home gym is primarily designed for muscle building.
Bowflex Blaze Home Gym Review: First Impressions
|Bowflex Blaze Specifications|
|Max. Weight||210 lbs|
|User Weight||300 lbs|
|Workout Area||8′ 4″ x 6′ 6″ (L x W)|
|Machine Weight||191 lbs|
|Warranty||Power Rods: Lifetime, Construction: 5 Years|
Reasons To Buy
- Spacious workout area.
- Lifetime guarantee on power rods.
- Slider seat offers additional exercises for legs and back muscle.
- Versatile feature to perform custom workouts.
- Perfect for home exercise use.
- Foldable bench and transport wheels for easier storage.
Reasons To Avoid
- 210 lbs resistance may not be sufficient for advanced lifters.
- Bulky design that takes up quite a bit of floor space.
This Blaze home gym is versatile enough and provides you with multiple workouts and exercise options. It has the ability to perform over plenty of exercises and provides various settings and accessories. With this best home gym, lifters could be creative and can enjoy more exercises than provided in the user manual.
It comes with a 20 minute Bowflex workout DVD and an in-depth user manual that helps on how to perform each exercise. This will be great for novices who may need some direction in their workout.
- Ergonomic Design: This home gym is elegantly designed, compact, and boasts plenty of features. It can easily fit into just about any garage or home gym room. Further, it is foldable, which makes it easy to store in a closet or out of the way.
- 60+ Exercises: You can do over 60 types of home gym exercises to strengthen and tone your upper and lower body. All thanks to the multi cable and pulley system. It is flexible and versatile that gives an amazing workout with a wide range of exercise choices every time.
- Sliding seat rail: Its seat railing gives additional exercises for back and leg muscles. Also, you can get aerobic rowing with leg attachment, leg curls, and extension.
- Adjustable Bench: This home gym features an adjustable bench that lets you strengthen your chest muscles as well. With the inbuilt power rod resistance technology, it helps you with your chest exercises.
- Best for beginners: It comes with free weights that allow you to have precision and control to get a proper workout at home. This feature makes it excellent for beginners. However, if you don’t use free weights, you don’t have to worry about injuring yourself. Since when you learn the proper exercise, you will be able to master the form without the risk of injury.
This fitness equipment comes with a power rod of 250 lbs that is upgradeable to 310 lbs or 410 lbs. Also, the workout machine has a slider seat rail that enables you to perform leg presses and aerobic rowing. Everything is connected to a foldable bench that ends with three function ankle cuffs that can also be used as hand grips. Not only this, the bench seat is large and comfortable. Its assembled dimensions are 90 x 38 x 83 inches (L x W x H) and support a max user weight of 300 pounds.
The Power Rods used on this home gym provide a standard resistance of 210 pounds. However, if you get more strength, you need to upgrade them to 310 pounds or 410 pounds. The upgradation of resistance is perfect for users who believe that standard resistance might not be sufficient in the future.
In this fitness machine, the resistance is delivered by cables/rods instead of traditional weight stacks that you usually see on other home gyms. These rods are made from composite material and protected with a rubber coating that enhances the durability of the rods.
Each rod has a different weight, and they vary between 5 pounds yo 50 pounds of resistance. With the standard version, you will get rods including – one pair of 50 lb, one pair of 30 lb, two pairs of 10 lb, and one pair of 50 lb that in total is 210 lbs of resistance. Furthermore, if you want to increase the resistance level, you can select the combination of multiple rods.
Ease Of Use
This gym equipment is straightforward and easy to use. Its triple function hand grip is one of the aspects that makes it easy to use. These hand grips are designed for better performance and flexibility. They can be used as regular grips and also serve as shoulder cuffs, non-grip cuffs, foot cuffs, and ankle cuffs. Thus you can use them for different purposes.
It is easy to use for beginners who may not know their way around different workouts. With an instruction manual and DVD, it is easy to start. The included instruction manual is helpful for lifters building their own workout and trying to find several exercises to target goal-oriented muscle groups.
When it comes to its versatility, this home gym is versatile gym equipment. It provides you with 60 different exercise choices that are much to perform a full-body workout or individual body part workout. Here are some characteristics of Blaze home gym, along with what type of exercise they will allow you to perform.
- Legs: Leg extension, curl, and kickback
- Chest: Flat, incline, and decline press
- Shoulders: Press, delt raise, shrugs
- Arms: Bicep curls and tricep pushdown
- Core: AB crunch, trunk rotation, and oblique crunch
- Back: Lat pulldown, row, lower back extension
There is a Lat tower and angled lat bar on this Blaze home gym that is designed to help work your shoulders and back and multiple cable attachments to work your chest, triceps, biceps, and shoulders.
Setup Process and Warranty
When it comes to assembling this home gym, the whole process completes in 28 steps. Compared to other fitness equipment, its assembly is a bit confusing and might take your time. However, the steps in the owner’s manual are clear enough and include pictures. The package includes Allen wrenches, but you also need an adjustable wrench and a screwdriver to do the task. The complete assembly process should take 2-3 hours.
Bowflex provides a decent warranty for this Blaze home gym. Its Power Rods are equipped with a 5-year warranty; thus, snapping and manufacturing defects will be replaced by the company free of cost. Moreover, the frame of the machine comes with a one-year warranty, and accessories have a 60 days warranty.
This Bowflex Blaze is an excellent, versatile option that offers someone the option of performing over 60 exercises. Plenty of high-power yet low-impact workouts are possible with this single machine. It offers appropriate resistance for beginners and intermediate gym-goers.
With this workout machine, you can tone and strengthen all muscles, lose weight and increase your cardio. Overall, it is a powerful compact machine for anyone who wants strength training at home. The only downside of this machine is that it is not suitable for advanced lifters as the resistance it provides isn’t apt. However, for newbies to intermediate lifters, it is worth getting. Also, considering the price, it is tough to beat a home gym machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Blaze a folding home gym?
No, it isn’t a folding home gym. The leg attachment moves upwards to save some space. However, it is compact and doesn’t need much workout area.
2. Is this home gym suitable for squats?
Yes, the squat station is better than bodyweight squats as you can use the machine’s resistance. However, it doesn’t substitute barbell squats if you want to build massive legs.
3. What is the difference between Bowflex 3000 and Bowflex Blaze?
The only difference between the Blaze and the 3000 is that the Bowflex 3000 has a no-change cable system. Thus you can quickly shift between exercises. And, the Blaze has a horizontal stand instead of a vertical one that allows you to do more exercises, but you need to change the cables when switching between different exercises.