Bowflex Xtreme 2SE Home Gym
Built For Users Who Want: an athletic body shape covering more than 70 workouts throughout the whole body.
Ideal for beginner and medium-built persons.
- 70+ exercises that cover the entire body.
- 210 pounds of standard resistance.
- Power Rod Resistance System.
- Supports a user weight capacity of up to 300 pounds.
- Resistance is upgradable up to 310-410 pounds.
- 7 free trainer-built workouts.
- Vertical bench press.
Nobody wants to have an obese body. But there are very few people who do exercises to keep themselves fit. There is no other alternative to losing weight than doing workouts. Well, it is somewhat true that with healthy diet food, you can reduce weight. However, to keep your body in shape, you need to perform workouts.
Now the excuses begin. Some say that the gym centers are far away from their room. Some say that they don’t have sufficient time. Moreover, a few people claim the fitness centers are charging a lot of money. And, what not! Well, whatever the reason is, a portion of humans are always ready to say no to something.
After keeping everything in mind, we have review the Bowflex Xtreme 2SE Home Gym. In this article, we have explained all the necessary information you should know to do exercises at your home comfortably. Further, you do not need to go to the gyms. This Bowflex gym machine allows you to perform more than 70 exercises. Go through the article attentively to know all the required details.
Bowflex Xtreme 2SE Home Gym Review: First Impressions
|Xtreme 2SE Specifications|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Seat||Adjustable and Polyurethane high-density foam cushion|
|Dimensions||53″ L X 49″ W X 84″ H|
|Leg Extension/ Curl||Yes|
|No. of Exercises||70+|
Reasons To Buy
- Long-term durability.
- 5-way hand grip/ankle cuffs.
- Polyurethane high-density foam cushion.
- Sturdy construction.
- Four position lower pulley squat station.
- Pulleys are made of excellent quality materials with stainless steel ball bearings.
- No-change cable pulley system.
- Easy assembly.
Reasons To Avoid
- The powerlifters and competitor bodybuilders who use higher weights may not prefer this home gym.
- The backrest is non-adjustable.
The power rod and the cable pulley system do not directly push or pull stress on your joints. Due to that, this Bowflex Xtreme machine is an excellent choice for those who have joint pain and injuries. On the other hand, persons with joint pain have difficulty doing workouts with free weights because these put pressure. It is a superb choice for beginners or those who want to maintain a better-toned physique.
- Power Rod Resistance – The power rod first generates less resistance at the beginning of every exercise in order to minimize stress on a person’s joint. Besides, it steadily increases the resistance over the workouts to drive someone to his ultimate limit and maximizes the results. The 2SE gym equipment comes with a standard 210 pounds and can be upgraded up to 310 to 410 pounds.
- Lat Tower with Angled Lat Bar – You can build your back and shoulder muscles faster with the combined tower that is placed at an angle lat bar. Also, the ab crunch shoulder harness offer a greater body workout to your abdominal muscles.
- Bench Press – This fitness machine offers a vertical bench press. It targets the sternal head of the pectoralis major that assists in building up the central part of your chest. Further, the biceps are tightened without adjusting the length for balancing the elbow and the shoulder joints.
- Leg Extension/ Curl – The leg curls straightly target someone’s hamstrings muscles that provide strength and flexibility to the leg muscles. Further, with the leg curl exercise, your calf muscles are also developed. Aside from that, the extension helps develop the quadriceps.
- Squat Bar – A gym enthusiast will be able to perform squats with the available squat bar. Basically, it assists in burning calories and reduces your weight. It also minimizes the chances of injuring your knees and ankles. Additionally, the squat bar helps strengthen the hip muscles, hamstrings, calves, bones, ligaments, etc.
Before purchasing this gym machine, make sure to have an open place in your house for keeping this equipment. Also, measure the area where you want to do your workouts. This exercise machine is 53 inches longer, 49 inches wider, and 83.86 (approx 84) inches higher. Moreover, the heavy-duty steel construction frame helps prevent the machine from getting rusts or scratches and provides long-term durability. This fitness equipment holds up to a maximum user weight of 300 pounds.
This Bowflex home workout equipment comes with a 5-way hand grip or ankle cuffs. Aside from this, you will get an adjustable seat made with a polyurethane high-density foam cushion and a backrest for optimal comfort. In the meantime, you will be able to perform ab training strap, squat bar, lat bar, and many other workouts.
Pulleys and Cables
This Bowflex home gym helps maximize every body workout for every muscle group with its easy-to-use various pulley system. These pulleys are made with high-quality nylon material that makes this Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE home gym durable. In addition to that, the pulleys feature stainless steel ball bearings designed to revolve up to 360 degrees that permit a user to do exercises without any limitation and changing the cables. It ultimately assists in saving your time and keeping your heart rate up as you make improvements throughout your fitness program.
This exercise machine comes with alterable “slider” pulleys that are personalized for one’s body. As per your body structure, you can regulate the widths. Moreover, the slider pulleys are placed with 2 positions per side on the lat tower, 4 positions per side on the center crossbars, and 4 positions per side on the squat pulley frame.
Adjust the pulleys outward or inward while doing exercises in wide or narrow positions according to your suitability and comfort. Apart from that, the cables are constructed with excellent quality steel that is also covered with a delicate rubber coating for operating the pulleys smoothly.
The maximum weight resistance capacity for this gym equipment is 210 pounds that is upgradable upto 310-410 pounds. There are 5 resistance rods available on every side, weighing 5, 10, 10, 30, and 50 pounds, respectively. The combined resistance is 105 pounds, and you will get the maximum resistance of 210 pounds if multiplied by 2. If you need to increase or decrease the resistance level, connect any of the five rods with your required weight capacity, you will get your preferred resistance level. On the other hand, if you want to choose the 310 or 410 pounds of resistance, just upgrade the rods with an extra one or two pairs of 50 pounds rods. It is advisable not to stand directly over the tops of the rods while you hook up the resistance rods to the cable hooks. You can stand on one side whenever you connect or disconnect the power rod resistance from the cables to save yourself from getting hurt if the rods break.
Variety of Workouts
You can switch to other workouts faster with the Xtreme 2 SE home gym. You will not require to change any cable between exercises and can perform your workouts effortlessly. Furthermore, this Bowflex home gym offers over 70 exercises and includes seven trainer-built exercises to reach your fitness objective. In the 7 free trainer-built workout manual, you will find 2 mins better body, 20 mins upper body, 20 mins lower body, circuit training anaerobic, proper aerobic and strength training programs.
The Xtreme 2SE Home Gym lets you perform more than 70 workouts for the chest, shoulders, back, arms, abs, and legs with the ease of staying at your home. If someone has joint pain, this Bowflex gym equipment provides better results than free weights.
The price is indeed relatively high. In spite of that, you can invest this amount because it lasts many years. Additionally, if you lose any part of this fitness machine, you can easily get the replacement parts and repair it yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to assemble this exercise machine?
You will get a straightforward instruction manual where you will find all the required details explained in steps. Further, you should keep adjustable wrenches and screwdrivers while assembling the gym equipment. Finally, you will end setting it up as per your speed. But it is advisable to do it at a precise and attentive pace.
2. How to do the maintenance perfectly?
You should always unhook the cables from the power rods when you are done working out. Moreover, strap up the power rods and the cables. On the other hand, make sure to remove the strap from the power rods when you again start doing exercises. You can also cover the equipment with a large plastic and clean it from the dust and sweat once a day.
3. What are the dimensions of the Xtreme 2SE gym equipment?
It is 53 inches in length, 49 inches in width, and 84 inches in height.