Body-Solid Powerline P2X Home Gym
Built For Users Who Want: a fitness machine with versatility, durability, and sturdy construction. Ideal for beginners and mid-weight people.
- Supports up to 160 lbs of resistance.
- Upgradable up to 50 lbs of resistance.
- 40+ exercises.
- Optional leg press.
- Offers 6 workout stations with lots of workouts.
- More extended warranty.
- Allow you to perform total body workout.
Whenever we talk about a home gym, what comes to mind is a piece of equipment that helps us exercise at our home without any interference in our privacy and our convenient time with great comfort. There are a few essential things that you should consider while buying any home gym equipment. People usually get puzzled while choosing a gym machine for their home. In order to make the process easy for selecting a fitness machine, we have discussed the features, design, pulley stations, etc.
The P2X home gym equipment is user-friendly and multi-functional. It is specifically engineered to provide free-range movements and extraordinary range of motion for any size user. Further, it establishes a unique position for you to have the best of both worlds, such as the traditional exercises and the functional training. It is achieved by merging an ergonomically accurate press arm and a functional training arm.
Read our profoundly analyzed article about the Body-Solid Powerline P2X Home Gym and decide whether the machine is suitable for you or not.
Body-Solid Powerline P2X Home Gym Review: First Impressions
|Body-Solid Powerline P2X Home Gym Specifications|
|Dimensions||71″ L x 50″ W x 83″H|
|No. of Exercises||40+|
|Pec Fly||Yes – Functional|
|Press Arm Row||Yes|
|Seat and Back Pad||Adjustable|
|Warranty||Frame (10 years) & Parts (1 year)|
Reasons To Buy
- Steel tube frame provides better durability.
- Adjustable seat and back pad.
- Low maintenance required.
- Offers amazing stability.
- Let you develop your abdominal crunches.
- No need to change the pulleys for performing exercises.
- The cables can withstand over a weight of 2000 lbs.
Reasons To Avoid
- The bodybuilders will not prefer the low-weight stack.
- Some may think the price is a little bit expensive.
Body-Solid Powerline P2X Home Gym: Detailed Specifications
Body-Solid has saved a lot of expenses, traveling time, and the inconvenience of joining a gym for the last 15 years through its gym machines. You will be able to do workouts, such as trimming, toning, and sculpting your body with this Powerline fitness machine. Apart from that, the P2X fitness equipment is engineered to be adaptable, durable, and dependable. This Powerline P2X combines functional pulleys with a traditional fitness machine that lets you get creative with your everyday exercise routines.
The Powerline P2X gym machine comes with six workstations. These are explained below.
- Functional Pulleys – Fixed pulleys allow users to perform a variety of exercises that recruit stabilizer muscles to exercise movements such as pec flys and converging presses. It can also be swivelled to adjust depending on user needs.
- Multi-Press Arms – It is biomechanically designed for maximum chest concentration and outstanding muscle development. Further, you will be able to perform a variety of exercises for the incline, and shoulder presses with a smooth and controlled range of motion. On the other hand, flip around to do seated rows for deep middle and lower lat development. The adjustable height of the seat and back pads gives the P2X press arms versatility for any user.
- Lat Pulldown / High Pulley Station – The lat pulldown is a unique way of doing workouts in the latissimus dorsi muscle (the large V-shaped muscle in a person’s backside). It promotes good posture and spinal stability. This exercise further helps improve shoulder function and prevent shoulder injury. Plus, adjustable hold-down pads stabilize the body.
- Ab Crunch / Mid Pulley Station – It is biomechanically engineered for smooth, comfortable, full range of motion crunching movement.
- Leg Extension / Leg Curl Station – Whenever you think you are ready to build muscular legs and more powerful knee joints, the leg developer will help you reach your goals. Besides, the smoothglide bearing system merged with the self-aligning leg cuffs regulates you through the most demanding leg curls and leg extensions.
- Seated Row / Low Pulley Station – It is essential for well developed backs. Further, seated row workouts build depth in the middle back and train very hard to reach lower lats. Low pulley revolves smoothly and entirely for offering accurate resistance for cable curls, upright rows, etc.
The P2X gym equipment is created with steel tubing. All the steel parts provide a silver finish coating that prevents corrosion. Even though this fitness machine is tough to move, you will get comfort while using it. Aside from that, the equipment is ergonomically designed, which makes it suitable for the users.
Resistance is placed within the effortless reach of each station for faster weight change if you are searching for techniques like drop sets or supersets. The bar grips are also comfortable and made to fit with the hand perfectly.
This Powerline exercise machine is 71 inches long, 50 inches wide, and 83 inches higher. The low-profile designs contribute to excellent stability while someone uses the home gym equipment. The ultramodern steel alloy has the ideal strength to weight ratio and amazing absorbing impact abilities. Apart from that, features like shock-resistant weight stacks, reinforced arms and larger pivot joint bushings show the toughness and durability of the Body-Solid P2X fitness machine.
Pulleys and Cables
The P2X exercise equipment offers cables for all the pulleys. So, once you have assembled the machine, you will not need to interchange cables from a set of pulleys with the others for doing any workouts. On the other hand, you have to change the grips, handles, and strap accessories as per your needs while performing exercises.
The cables of this home gym machine can withstand over 2000 pounds of tension. A thin sheet of heavy-duty PVC covers these cables for a smoother glide over the pulleys. Plus, the pulleys are all made of heavy-duty nylon material, stainless steel, and sealed ball bearings to provide a greater lifespan and stable operation.
The pulleys can be divided into three categories. These are defined below.
- High Pulley – With this powerline fitness machine, you can perform lat pull downs, triceps press down, cable crossovers and many more high pulley exercises. Moreover, the adjustable hold-down pads support your body to lift it beyond your body weight. Besides, the unique versatility of this home gym equipment allows you to increase the intensity and longevity of your back muscles to exercise.
- Mid Pulley – People can improve abs and terrific triceps quickly with this strength training station. This pulley is specifically designed for firming, flattening, and isolating the entire abdominal area. Moreover, it is biomechanically engineered for a smooth, comfortable, and full range of motion crunching movement.
- Low Pulley – The low pulley offers precise resistance to perform cable curls, upright rows, shrugs, leg abduction, and many other exercises.
Weight stacks are one of the most critical features gym equipment offers. With the high weight stack or resistance, a person can do more advanced workouts. In this Powerline fitness machine, alloy weight stack plates are machine drilled to exact specifications and employ nylon bushings for super smooth and quiet operation. The Body-Solid P2X home gym machine is equipped with 160 pounds of advanced alloy weight stack. In addition to that, there is an option to add 50 pounds of weight optionally. It makes 210 pounds of resistance in total. In spite of offering 210 pounds of the weight stack, this is not enough for advanced bodybuilders.
Seat and Backrest
The seat and the backrest of the P2X home gym machine are both adjustable. You will be able to adjust the seat to a height of a few inches and the backrest in forward or backwards for a few inches.
It is a type of resistance (weight) training exercise to strengthen the legs. It is done by pushing your legs against weights on a leg press machine. It is used to check out the athlete’s overall lower body strength. Furthermore, this exercise helps build muscle, minimize the chance of accidents, and counteract age-related muscle loss. Also, the leg press can be mounted on either side of the gym and offer a 2:1 ratio for increased resistance.
You will get the gym equipment under warranty with 10 years for the frame and 1 year for the parts. While claiming a warranty, you have to remember certain things. It is valid only if you use the product for non-commercial, personal, family, or household use from the brand itself or its authorized reseller. Keep the sales receipt showing the date of purchase in a safe place. You will require it while claiming a warranty. Additionally, you can not transfer it to anyone, and if you do so, the next person can not claim a warranty. It excludes expendable parts such as paint and finish.
The P2X home gym equipment is manufactured with great quality material. It provides excellent durability and versatility. The adjustable seat and back pads optimally fit any user. The bio-mechanically designed multi-press arms increase muscle development.
The additionally added leg press lets you do a variety of exercises in your leg. Further, this gym equipment allows you to do workouts for your entire body.
Overall, it is a phenomenal choice for beginners and mid-weight people. You will be able to perform plenty of exercises with this gym machine, such as bench press, incline press, upright row, tricep kickback, standing leg curl, and various other workouts.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to assemble the P2X home gym?
Assembling the Powerline P2X gym equipment is not as easy as you think. There are plenty of nuts, bolts, and washers. You will require a few tools to assemble the fitness machine, such as adjustable wrenches and a mallet. It could take you up to several hours to fully assemble the product. It is better to follow the instructions given in the manual. To save time and hassles, do the assembly with two persons.
2. How do I do the maintenance of this p2X home gym?
Check the bolts and other parts regularly before use. If they are loose, tighten them. Besides, apply lubricant on the guide rods, linear rods, and pulleys. Replace the damaged parts to prevent accidents.
3. What is the resistance that the P2X home gym offers?
It offers 160 pounds of resistance. Additionally, you can upgrade 50 pounds of resistance more.
- Best Home Gyms Under $1000
- Best Home Gyms Under $500
- Bodycraft Galena Pro Home Gym
- BodyCraft Xpress Pro Home Gym
- Bowflex Blaze Home Gym
- Bowflex PR3000 Home Gym
- Bowflex Xceed Home Gym
- Bowflex Xtreme 2SE Home Gym
- Fitlaya Fitness ab Machine Review
- Marcy MWM 4965 Home Gym Review
- Marcy Smith Cage Machine Review
- Powerline BSG10X Home Gym