TC100 is one of the best fitness equipment for home use. It features an efficient, 3-in-1 design that combines the benefits of a steeper, treadmill, and elliptical in one compact machine. This machine can burn up to double the number of calories compared to traditional treadmills or ellipticals.
It is excellent for beginners and pro users as it offers a maximum comfort level for regular and intense workout sessions. The Goal-Oriented Coach System helps the user to monitor and track the workout programs accurately. It ensures that the users have maximized results from their workout.
You need to walk or jog, and you lose plenty of weight as compared to other equipment. Its 3-in-1 motion burn calories than jogging or walking while making you feel less tired that makes it easier to achieve your fitness goals. Learn more about this Bowflex TreadClimber TC100 below.
Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 Review: First Impressions
|Resistance: 12 Levels||Speed: 0.5-4 mph|
|Profiles: 2||Display: Backlit LCD|
|Weight Capacity: 300 lbs||Programs: 4|
|Dimensions: 57″ x 31.5″ x 59″||Warranty: 2 Years|
What We Like
- Compact and budget-friendly equipment.
- Low-impact exercise sessions.
- Its QuickStart control provides easy access to the console.
- Provides 2 users data profiles that can be saved and tracked.
- Offers three in one motion of a treadmill, stair climber, and an elliptical.
- Wide range of resistance levels that makes it suitable for all experience levels.
- If offers 2 year warranty.
- Quick controls to quickly shift levels.
What We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t have preset workout programs
- No cooling fan
Bowflex Treadclimber TC100: Detailed Features
- Design: It features a 3-in-1 design, which is a unique setup. It allows users to enjoy a low impact workout without compromising a challenging workout. Bowflex promises that you will burn up to 2.5 times more calories than you would on a traditional treadmill.
- User Profiles: It includes two user profiles that make it easy to track and store personalized workout data. It helps you to reach and meet your goals.
- Console: The console area on Bowflex TC100 is much more spacious than the former TC10 with large cup holders, media holders, contact grip sensors, a more effective design.
- Portable: In addition to the small footprint and compact design, this machine is also equipped with transport wheels. Therefore it is easy to move and store when required.
- Incline & Decline: It has adjustable resistance levels from 0 to 40%, which allows you to exercise at your preference and ease. You can start with low levels of resistance and keep up the level to assure that you are doing it correctly and without exerting themselves.
- Tread Belt: Bowflex TC100 features two separate treadles that move the belts to provide the upward and downward motion to maximize workout efficiency.
- Cushioning: There is on/off cushioning in the treadclimber that makes it safe for the users.
- Media Holder: Bowflex makes an adequate space for you to enjoy a workout with a dedicated media shelf. It can hold up the tablet and smartphone to ensure that the user remains motivated throughout the workout session.
- Speakers: It doesn’t have an MP3 player or audio system, but with a USB port, you can enjoy the music by connecting it to the port.
- Heart Rate Monitor: The in-built heart rate console gives options for warm-up, cardio and performance. The integrated contact grips enable the users to have a performance-oriented cardio workout.
It offers 3 in 1 motion that allows the 2.5 times to burn out of calories as compared to all the contemporary fitness machines. Its sturdy steel makes it perfect for the rigorous workout sessions and durable performance.
It has an excellent footprint and won’t take up much space in your home. Also, it features wheels that make it easy to roll away and store after a workout.
It has a max speed limit of 4 mph that is slow compared to traditional treadmills. It is combined with power incline, and the 4.0 mph can be challenging speed. This machine is best suited for beginner trainees.
Advance workout tracking technology
Accurate feedback is an important part of measuring your progress towards any goals. It automatically syncs your results to an online profile.
This TC-100 Treadclimber provides a port that can be used to transfer your data from the console to your computer. The data can be synced with your Bowflex Connect profile. However, TC200 is a bit more advanced.
You can use the TreadClimber app that has integrated Bluetooth Connectivity for effortless data transfer wirelessly to your smart device. You can also select to sync your data with your profiles on other well-known fitness apps, including Apple Health Kit, MyFitness Pal, and Google Fit.
It is a compact-sized machine but has a complex structure. If you think that you can assemble this treadclimber by going through their manual of instructions, then you can take the help of another person.
However, if all the mechanics of assembling is a big task for you, then you can hire a professional service of Bowflex experts to get it assembled.
Preset Workouts Programs
Bowflex Max Trainer is another of the innovative cardio machine released by Bowflex. It comes with the entry-level M3 model that includes more advanced workout programs.
The Bowflex TC100 comes with no goal-setting program and instead limited to a single ‘Quick Start’ Program. It puts you in complete control of the resistance, belt speed, and incline as it doesn’t follow any preset profile.
As a comparison with TC200, it also includes various programs that let you set targets for the distance, duration, or calories burned. The unique programs to the TC200 are Calorie goal, distance goal, time goal, and intervals.
Heart Rate Monitoring
The main problem with some treadmill design is that they only offer heart rate touch sensors, with no way to transmit your heart rate wirelessly. There isn’t so much of an issue with TreadClimber, as you are always going to be within reach of the console. Bowflex’s both models come with heart rate hand grips.
The only difference is that TC200 has wireless heart rate monitoring, with an indicator on the console to display which heart zone you’re in – Warm Up, Fat Burn, Cardio, and Performance.
The console of TC100 has several important upgrades as the earlier TC10 includes the addition of a media shelf and larger storage areas.
- There is a tablet holder designed to hold tablets and mobile phones securely. If you want to listen to music or watch movies while you walk, you can place a phone or tablet on a shelf.
- There are no built-in speakers or MP3 connectivity. You have to rely on the headphone port on your smart device rather than connecting directly to the console. But you can use the dual-purpose port to prevent the device from losing power when in use.
- There is a backlit LCD display that provides accurate feedback on your speed, distance, time, and the calories you burned.
- It has a large, more spacious design that includes ergonomically shaped handles with in-built heart rate touch sensors.
- The only downside is that it don’t include speakers, fan, speakers, or MP3 connectivity.
Walk, Run and Climb In One
Its efficient design gives the benefit of a treadmill, stepper and elliptical in one compact machine. Its innovative and versatile design makes it a best seller for entry-level trainees.
The 3-In-1 motion burns even more calories than jogging or walking alone. This can have a positive effect on adherence to a fitness program and help you in achieving your goals faster. Furthermore, the unique design allows a low-impact alternative to jogging, without comprising calorie burn. This is great for trainees looking for a low impact, an entryway to achieving their fitness aims.
It offers 12 resistance levels with lower levels of being perfect for anyone that wants to emulate outdoor walking on flat ground. However, the higher levels are better for anyone looking to burn the most calories in the shortest time.
What’s covered by the warranty?
It offers two years full coverage warranty.
Bowflex also offers 6-week money-back guarantee. In that case, you can return this treadclimber to the company and receive a refund on the purchase price.
Although the Bowflex Treadclimber TC100 isn’t suitable for runners because of its lower belt speeds, it does provide some impressive upgrades over the TC10 model. In treadmill reviews, overall it is compact and effective machine for anyone who prefers walking.
It is excellent fitness equipment for those users who are prone to injuries and prefer to jog or walk for calorie loss. It also offers a reliable warranty and returns policy along with the provision of two user profiles that improve the confidence of two users.
If you need to track your workout with customizable programming options, then the Bowflex treadmills are the best option for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How tall does your ceiling have to be?
The maximum treadle distance from the floor is 14-inches. To make sure your ceiling is tall enough, provide yourself a few inches for the headroom by adding 17″ to your height.
2. Is the assembly of TC100 challenging?
There is an in-home assembly option if you want a professional install and set up for you. However, if you want to do it yourself, then they have a nice manual and videos to walk through it.
It is a complex machine, but if you are pretty good at putting things together, this isn’t too difficult to assemble as the walkthroughs are well-designed.