In a Hurry? Our Top 2 Picks to Buy!
1. NordicTrack T 6.5S Treadmill
2. Horizon 7.8 AT Treadmill
Are you searching for a treadmill to get back into shape but don’t have time to slog your way down to the fitness club several times a week or don’t have space for a home gym? A folding treadmill is a possible solution. You can lose that spare tire right in the comfort of your home.
One of the biggest advantages of selecting the folding treadmill is conserving floor space. Folding design saves on space and can also withstand up to rigorous use like it ‘sit’s bulky counterparts.
With a wide range of options, it can be confusing to pick the one that suits your needs and fit your budget. Below, you’ll find the Best Folding Treadmills to help you stay active from your home’s comfort.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Recumbent Bikes In 2021
|Treadmill||Speed (mph)||Motor (chp)|
|NordicTrack T 6.5S||10||2.6|
|Horizon 7.8 AT||12||4.0|
|NordicTrack Commercial 1750||12||3.75|
|XTERRA Fitness TR150||12||2.25|
|Sunny Health Fitness SF-T4400||9||2.20|
|Goplus 2 in 1||7.5||2.25|
|Weslo Cadence G 5.9i||10||2.25|
Which are the Best Recumbent Bikes In 2021?
1. NordicTrack T 6.5S Treadmill
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Top Speed||10 MPH|
|Footprints||67.5″ L x 36″ W x 73″ H|
|Belt||20″ x 55″|
|Heart Rate Monitor||Dual CardioGrip|
The T 6.5 S is a good buy if you are looking for a machine without bells and whistles. It is an entry-level machine. It folds up and fits in a corner or a closet. Moreover, it has a great cushioned deck and a solid motor. It is the best folding treadmill.
It will incline to a 10% grade that is plenty steep for the average runner. It helps boost metabolic rate, adds cardio challenge, and allows extra muscle toning from walks and jogs. Using the inclination can also take the pressure off your knees by shifting your body position.
It is an excellent option if you plan to put into a garage or basement without the internet.
- Cushioning: It is provided with on/off Runner’ s Flex Cushioning. There are spongy orange dampeners under the deck. It absorbs impact to help guard your knee joints against overuse and impact injuries.
- Preloaded Workouts: It features 20 training workouts designed by a certified personal trainer to support calorie burn and endurance training. It incorporates basic routines that are easy to follow. There are buttons for programs that are easy to see.
- Weight Capacity: The 300 pounds user weight limit is surprising for such a compact treadmill. It is designed to robust and durable.
- SpaceSaver Design: It folds up easily to save space when not in use. As it is only 73 inches tall when folded in a vertical position. With EasyLift Assist, it is easy to fold. Also, there is a hydraulic release system under the deck that will gently lower the running platform back to the floor.
- OneTouch Controls: On either side of the screen, there are quick controls for Incline and Speed. They offer a quick way to navigate from the console.
- Speakers: Its sound system is Bluetooth compatible. Music, podcast, or other listening pleasure can be heard and amplified through dual 2″ speakers.
- Warranty: NordicTrack provides with a lifetime frame warranty. It means 6.5 S is a sturdy, durable machine.
- Affordable and low budget design
- 22 onboard programs add much diversity to your options
- It features EasyLift Assist Technology
- Comes with a bright LCD screen is easy to read
- The best treadmill for walkers and runners
- Features textured 4″ non-slip textured side rail
- It needs an AUX connection for smartphones.
2. Horizon 7.8 AT Treadmill
|Incline Range||0 to +15%|
|Footprint||76″ x 37″ x 64″|
|Display||9.3″ full color LCD|
|Running Area||22″ x 60″|
|Weight Capacity||350 lbs|
This 7.8 AT is pretty advanced and offers excellent value for the price point. It boasts a handful of improvements over Horizon’s previous models. The Rapid Sync motor and Quickdial controls serve to make sure you can make fast incline or speed changes on the fly.
Whether you’re a casual walker or a professional runner/athlete with plenty of features and a reasonable price tag, the 7.8 AT is a perfect choice for your home gym.
- Quick Access Controls: You can tweak your belt speed and incline easier than with grip mounted buttons.
- Cushioning: It has a 3-zone cushioning – impact zone, transition zone, and push-off zone. It serves you get a better workout that protects your joints, knees, hips, and back.
- “Rapid Sync” Motor: The 4.0 CHP motor of the treadmill accelerates and deaccelerates faster than most of the competition.
- OnBoard Programs: It offers 8 HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) specific training programs. These are quite effective for intense training.
- Heart Monitoring: It comes with a wireless chest strap with the purchase of this 7.8 AT treadmill.
- Media Shelf: With a built-in device holder, you can easily place your phone or tablet for entertainment or instructor LED exercise.
- An extra-wide and long belt that gives a more room to stretch out.
- Attractive multi-color console with media shelf.
- It has transport wheels for transportation.
- Stream-on-demand fitness classes & entertainment with integrated speakers.
- The screen isn’t a touchscreen.
3. Merax Electric Motorized Running Treadmill
|Folded Size||36.6″ x 22.8″ x 47.2″|
|Treadbelt||16.5″ x 47.5″|
|Dimensions||56.9″ x 22.8″ x 45.1″|
This Merax treadmill is a light capacity fitness equipment made for home use. It is built for light jogging and walking and offers a speed range between 0.5 to 8.0 miles per hour. With various programs, you can select between high and low-intensity workout sessions. It is the best folding treadmill at an affordable price.
With pulse sensors, monitor and maintain your target heart rate for optimal fitness results. Simply grip the sensors and watch on display for a quick read of your current heart rate.
- Bluetooth: Its advanced Bluetooth connection enables FitShow to sync your performance and alter your treadmill’s speed at your fingertips.
- Wide Running Area: The wide belt will enable you to stretch out your stride on the deck. Thus it is ideal for users of all heights so you’ll be comfortable throughout the entire workout.
- Console: The console has three LED windows that display distance covered, time, calories, speed, and heart rate. There are also quick access buttons for speed, clear/set, mode, start, and stop.
- FitShow App: Stay motivated during your training by connecting to the FitShow App via the treadmill. It allows you to create a personal exercise plan, set goals, and keep track of exercise metrics. You can pick between different exercise programs, and also different running tracks.
- Emergency stop key: The stop key keeps you in control, stopping the treadmill when pulled for your safety.
- Hydraulic folding system
- Rolling wheels provide easy and simple transport
- Hand pulse grips for heart monitoring
- 15 workout programs for interval training, weight loss, etc
- Multilayer running deck with springy feelings and comfort
4. NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill
|Incline / Decline Range||15% incline, -3% decline|
|Max User Weight||300 lbs|
|Top Speed||12 MPH|
|Belt Size||22″ x 60″|
|Footprints||72.25″ L x 34″ W x 61″ H|
|Belt Size||22″ x 60″|
|Display||10″ HD color Touch Screen|
|Speakers||Dual 3″ speakers|
NordicTrack 1750 is perfect for households where multiple users having different levels of fitness have to be accommodated. It is ideal for dedicated runners as well who need a reliable, sturdy, and durable machine.
Moreover, it is a feature-filled option for your home gym that can satisfy most athletes and walkers. The impressive price, foldable storage, Hd display option make this treadmill a reliable choice.
- Cushioning: It reduces foot strike impact by 30% as compared to outdoor surfaces. You can easily on/off cushioning by pulling the lever situated on the side of the track.
- Touchscreen Display: It sports 10″ HD screen that is responsive even when your hands are sweaty. It is snugly tucked into a console with the pivoting option so you can tilt up or down.
- EassyLift Assist: It keeps the footprint compact and helps you lift and fold the deck up.
- Console with Tablet Holder: It comes with easy to navigate console. Also, there is a wide shelf under the display. It gives plenty of space to rest a tablet, phone, or book.
- Dual AutoBreeze Workout Fans: It provides nice airflow to you. It comes with three-speed options and an auto setting to find the right amount of airflow.
- Speakers: It sports a 3″ dual speakers tucked underneath the display project clear sound. It has adjustable controls for main volume, music, and trainer.
- iFit Membership: NordicTrack offers a 1-year iFit subscription. You can access a database of classes and personal trainers. It includes drills such as rolling hills, interval speed, steep grades, etc.
- Dual grip heart rate monitor
- 60″ belt gives a long-running surface
- 10″ High-definition touchscreen
- It offers a good top speed that can be adjusted easily
- Adjustable Runner Flex Cushioning
- 1-year iFit membership included
- There is no USB port.
5. Sunny Health & Fitness Asuna 8730G Treadmill
|Overall Weight||108 lbs|
|Running Surface||49″ x 17.5″|
|Warranty||5 years frame|
|Max Weight||220 lbs|
This Slim Motorized treadmill packs a powerful workout in a space-efficient design. It comes with 2.5 hp motor that gives speed settings to 8.0 MPH. With the shock absorption, it won’t hurt your joints or knees. Moreover, it will be safer and more comfortable than running on hard surfaces.
It is the best treadmill for light to medium intensity cardio workouts, speed walking, and losing weight. Also, it provides portability with two sets of wheels that allow you to move it left, right, forward and backward, when it’s folded flat.
- Frame and Deck: It is constructed on a steel frame, and the deck is sturdy enough to support users up to 220 lbs. Its side covers are aluminum made.
- Motor: Its 2.5 HP is more than enough for walking or jogging workouts. It isn’t too loud and offers a smooth, comfortable running experience.
- Control Panel: It comes with four LED displays. They indicate distance covered, time/step count, calories burned, and speed. It doesn’t have a pulse reading function. Als, there are control buttons for Start/Pause and +/- speed.
- Speakers: It consists of two speakers and a 3.5mm AUX port. You can connect a tablet, smartphone, MP3 player via included cable to the console.
- Easy to use LED-based console that tracks distance traveled, time, step count, calories and pace
- Quick buttons for changing speed instantly
- It comes with a media shelf that allows you to enjoy your favorite music
- Its cushioning assures your joints are not harmed.
- Transportation wheels allow easy movement.
- No goal setting.
- No pulse reading function.
6. Nautilus T616 treadmill
|Incline||0 to 15%|
|Weight Limit||300 lbs|
|Top Speed||12 MPH|
|Footprint||57.6″ x 35.2″ x 72.2″|
|Belt Size||22″ x 60″|
|Display||22″ HD Touchscreen|
Nautilus T616 has a light commercial built and a large running area perfect for avid runners or multi-user home gyms. It has a cushioned deck for smooth running and console with the option to integrate mixed training.
There is a SoftDrop technology that allows the deck to fold after use. Also, it gives you more onboard programs and the option to sync data via Bluetooth. The machine is solid and offers excellent value for money.
- Quick Controls: There are incline & speed on the side handrails. You can also make quick changes on the fly without having to reach up to the console to do it – that can throw off stride.
- Bluetooth: It comes with Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to connect to various devices to transfers training data and monitor the training through the Nautilus Fitness Apps.
- Cushioning: It softens landing at the front of the deck and impels kick-off at the back of the stride to reduce impact while providing you more energy in your next step.
- Motor: It has a powerful 3.0 CHP motor that maximizes up to 12 mph. It supports the track’s incline to a max of 15 degrees angle. Furthermore, its incline levels offer more challenges and give outdoor exercise an impact on indoor comfort.
- Workout Metrics: you can track your workout over time and set new calorie, speed, time, distance, and health goals for some fitness motivation.
- Console: It has a great console with user-friendly conveniences. It gives quick controls to adjust the speed or incline during the training. Also, it has built-in speakers to enjoy favorite music.
- Blue backlit Dual Track LCD
- Bluetooth connectivity and USB charging port
- Shelf for holding a smartphone or tablet
- StrikeZone cushioning system for a smooth run
- Sync with free RunSocial App and workout through 19 locations with 27 routes
- Spacious deck with a foldable design
7. XTERRA TR150 Folding Treadmill
|Weight Capacity||250 lbs|
|Number of Programs||12|
|Belt||50″ x 16″|
The TR150 treadmill is a perfect choice for all fitness levels with 10 mph and three incline settings. It helps you to accomplish your fitness goals without taking up a huge amount of space.
The machine is easy to store and benefits from being fitted with wheels for easy transportation. Overall this treadmill is the best for light to medium cardio workouts, muscle toning, weight loss, intervals, and stamina development.
- Incline Level: It has three manual incline ranges that allow for more workout varieties. It is made available by the adjustable rear stabilizers. You can lock it into the desired positions via a pop-pin.
- Cushioning: Its XTRASoft cushioning offers multiple cushioning points throughout the deck support system for max impact absorption.
- 2-ply Belt: The thick belt can influence tread noise level and longevity. Its belt is thick enough to support quiet machine performance.
- Onboard Programs: Its console features a wide variety of programs, including heart rate control. It lets you save customized routines.
- Direct Acess Speed Keys: Its preset speed settings give you fast and easy controls of your workouts.
- Display: It has a 5″ LCD console that is easy to see. It tracks all your workouts, including time, pace, calories, and pulse.
- Quick keys for speed adjustments for the 1-9 pace settings.
- Compact design with folding deck.
- Wheels for effortless transportation.
- 12 preset fitness programs.
- Its assembly is easy.
- Convenient Accessory tray built on the dashboard.
- No Bluetooth facility.
- It isn’t suitable for heavy runners.
8. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 Treadmill
|Overall Weight||103 lbs|
|Running Surface||49″ x 15.5″|
|Weight Capacity||220 lbs|
|Dimensions||63.25″ x 25.5″ x 50″|
The SF-T4400 is an entry-level treadmill at an affordable price for walking and jogging. It is simple to use, and you do have options to use a variety of fitness features. This solid home treadmill with a nice motor provides a smooth and quiet running experience.
Sunny Health & Fitness promises to offer all of the requirements for a cardio workout. It comes with a slope that changes from zero to five degrees (0%, 2%, 4.37%) in seconds. Overall, SF-T4400 is ideal for consumers on budget and who want to lose weight and get healthy.
- SoftDrop Technology: It ensures hassle-free unfolding every time. This mechanism ensures when unfolding its deck falls like a feather on a pillow. It prevents loud bangs and damage to your wooden or carpet floor.
- Display: It’s large and easy to navigate LCD shows your workout information like pace, time taken, the time elapsed, calories, and heart rate. The screen is backlit so that you can stay on track with your training.
- 3-Level Manual Incline: It sports three incline levels that go from 0% to 2% and 4.37% so that you can add resistance to your workout sessions. However, you have to set this manually.
- Handrail Control Keys: For smooth workout sessions, the SF-T4400 is equipped with speed controls in its handrails. With these keys, you can start & stop, and adjust your speed.
- Preloaded Programs: It comes with nine workout programs in addition to the manual mode. They are provided with a printed outline of the workout on the display for your convenience.
- Handgrip pulse sensors for heart rate monitoring
- Shock absorption system to allow you to workout longer
- Two water bottle holders to keep you hydrated
- A heavy-duty steel frame makes it solid
- Media ledge for easy access to entertainment during training sessions
- It isn’t suitable for taller people.
- Low weight capacity
9. Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill
|Weight Capacity||265 lbs|
|Top Speed||1-12 km/h|
|Belt Size||16″ x 40″|
|Footprints||49″ x 27″ x 42″|
|Folding Dimensions||52″ x 27″ x 5″|
The 2-in-1 treadmill sports two modes – can be used as an under-desk walking treadmill and a running treadmill. It comes with great design, solid core components, and various features. Moreover, it enables you to enjoy a comfortable sports experience at home.
Its folding size is 52″ x 27″ x 5″ that is perfect for small rooms and apartments. Also, the machine includes all basic functions and has a high-cost performance. With 2.25 hp ultra-quiet motor, it offers you a quiet and comfortable environment. It is one of the affordable treadmills on the market.
- Bluetooth speakers: It comes with a high-performance speaker that allows you to play music while exercising. You can connect your iPod or phone.
- Shock Absorbing Belt: It has a 5-layer non-slip and shock absorbing belt. It offers effective cushioning for your joints, back, ankles, muscles, and knees.
- Space-saver: If you are living in a small apartment and don’t have any space. Goplus provides a small and space-efficient machine that gives you lots of exercise with short space.
- 2-in-1 Modes: In running mode, the speed of the belt is 1-12 km/h. And it can lay flat and function at slower speeds of 1-4 km per hour.
- Display: It has an LED display that shows your time, distance (in km), speed, calories. Therefore, you can keep your eye on your workout stats while you exercise.
- It is easy to assemble.
- It is a 2-in-1 treadmill. It can lie flat or can be used with raised arms
- Phone holder and Bluetooth speaker
- Compact Foldable design for easy storage
- A short, narrow track
- It isn’t suitable for running.
10. Weslo Cadence G 5.9i Cadence Treadmill
|Incline / Decline Range||0 – 2%|
|Weight Capacity||275 lbs|
|Top Speed||0 – 10 MPH|
|Belt Size||16″ x 50″|
|Footprints||55.7″ x 26″ x 61″|
|Heart Rate||Through thumb sensor|
It is the best budget-friendly foldable treadmill. This compact machine is perfect for light workouts. The treadmill is lightweight, so you can easily move it in and out of position if you don’t have space to keep it in the open at all times.
With its LCD window console, you can track your workout progress like time, speed, distance, heart rate, and calories burned. However, the window isn’t backlit, so you’ll need to have good lighting over the console to ensure that you can see the data.
- Protect Your Joints: The running surface features Comfort Cell Cushioning to reduce shocks and impact on your knees. It also gives excellent support and stability to you.
- Motor: Its 2.25 hp motor us quite a strong at such a cheap price. It works quietly and offers smooth exercise experience.
- Workout Programs: It comes with six preloaded programs, including cardio training with different intensities.
- 16″ x 50″ Tread Belt: With its 50″ of the belt, you won’t run out of the space as you exercise. It offers you comfortable breadth as you run, walk, or jog.
- Incline/Decline: It has two positions adjustable incline. It helps you personalize the workout as per your need.
- Tablet Holder: There us a media shelf in the console that will hold your phone or other smart devices safely to display programs while you workout.
- Space-saving design so you can fold up easily
- Free 1 month iFit subscription, so you get all the benefits of the app
- Two incline levels allow you to adjust the deck for hill work or keep it flat for speed work
- A large LCD tracks your progress.
- It isn’t suitable for heavy training.
Benefits Of Foldable Treadmill
A foldable treadmill is known as a treadmill space saver as it uses a small amount of space to keep it at home. It is easily transportable and convenient to store. Most of the folding treadmills locked upward in a horizontal position against the wall.
Also, it can even be rolled and fitted into large closets or small spaces of your garage. On the other side, Other large exercise equipment requires their own space and end up dominating a large portion of the house.
How To Choose A Folding Treadmill?
Folding treadmills vary in size, features, and performance. Our guide will help you sift through all the options so that you can make the right purchase.
If you are especially looking for a foldable tread to control the amount of space, make sure to measure your space – floor to ceiling – before making a final purchase.
Ensure that the treadmill you pick will fold up and lock in place with ease. However, if space is not a concern, you should look through other non-foldable treadmills models.
Running Surface Area
For runners with a large-running stride can go for a longer running deck. If you’ve to take a natural pace and have a friend measure the length from shoe to shoe, do so. Some compact treadmills under 50″ may be suitable for walking but not safe for running due to shorter deck.
The more powerful the horsepower, the more durable the machine will be, and the better it will perform. If you’re planning to run and sprint rather than leisurely jog or walk, pay attention to the motor’s performance.
HIIT is a running type that needs bursts of speed between jogging and even walking. This exercise combination burns more calories during and after a run than just a regular sprint or jog. The average speed is about 3 miles per hour.
Speed around 5 to 7 mph is considered jogging while running 7 mph or above is required. Buy a treadmill that will range between 2 mph to 10 mph. If you want to include some intervals and sprints in your workouts, you’ll require a treadmill with a top speed of 12mph.
Inclines are important for building bone or joint strength and your legs and even strengthening your major back muscle groups. Consider a machine that allows incline adjustments as inclines will build endurance. The machines on our list go up to a max 12% incline, though the Nautilus T616 treadmill has an amazing 15% incline.
Most treadmills are designed to absorb the impact of each step. This feature is important for runners who tend to have heavier tread that can negatively impact their knees. It supports and comfort to all run lengths, speeds, and incline training. One of the reasons you’re you’re running indoors might be because the city asphalt hurts so much. Treadmills with the cushioned deck are a great choice for avoiding the damage of hard city streets.
Technology and Connectivity
If you want to track, monitor, and share your workouts, you need a treadmill with Bluetooth. What size screen do you want, and how sophisticated do the control and information it displays have to be?
You can get everything from a large touchscreen with integrated USB ports to a basic small screen that records time and distance. The level of technology you need will be your personal preference.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Can I Protect My Floors From Scratching by a Treadmill?
Use a Treadmill equipment mat – a dense plastic mat that lays beneath your treadmill. It protects all your tiled and hardwood floors. Here are some options Stamina Fold-to-Fit Folding Equipment Mat and the Gympak PVC Mat.
2. Which Is The Most-Selling Folding Treadmill For Home Use?
NordicTrack 6.5 S treadmill is considered as one of the best selling folding treadmills for home use.
3. How Should I Maintain A Folding Treadmill?
The folding locks, hinges, and rolling components should be cleaned and lubricated at least once a month. Based on using them 30 minutes a day at least 5 times a week. Here is a lubricant which we suggest: Impresa 100% Silicone Treadmill Lubricant.
4. Which Are The Best Treadmills Brands For Home Use?
NordicTrack, Sole, Horizon, ProForm, and Sunny Health and Fitness are great brands for home use.