In a Hurry? Our Top 2 Picks to Buy!
1. NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill
2. Horizon T101 Treadmill
If you’re trying to find a cost-effective method to work out from your house’s comfort, you need to think about a treadmill. It is a great alternative, and nothing can stop your training, even bad weather or overcrowded sidewalks. For normal trainees who want to have health benefits from the treadmill and do not require complex or extra features for heavy coaching, the Best Treadmills Under $1000 are the perfect option. Even at this price tag, you have the opportunity to get a robust and sturdy treadmill.
A basic treadmill has a running surface with a smooth, cushioned belt that absorbs most of the impact during your runs. Moreover, there is a monitor to show the workout metrics. These are just essential features of a basic treadmill. However, when buying a treadmill under $1000, you can expect machines that offer good value. Now, the latest ones come with some unique and advanced features that fulfill a purpose at a reasonable price.
You can compare each treadmill below by features such as maximum weight capacity, top speed, horsepower, and more.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Treadmills Under $1000
|Treadmill||Speed (mph)||Motor (chp)|
|NordicTrack T 6.5S||10||2.6|
|Horizon T101||0.5 – 10||3.0|
|Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7515||1 – 8||2.2|
|Sunny SF-T7857||0.5 – 6.0||2.5|
|Golds Gym Trainer 720||10||2.5|
|Reebok Jet 100||10||2.0|
Which are the Best Treadmills Under $1000 In 2021?
1. NordicTrack T 6.5S Treadmill
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Top Speed||10 MPH|
|Footprints||67.5″ L x 36″ W x 73″ H|
|Belt||20″ x 55″|
|Heart Rate Monitor||Dual CardioGrip|
The 6.5S is an entry-level model in the NordicTrack T series line. It is one of the most popular treadmills on the market today. This 6.5S some amazing features, featuring 5″ backlit display to monitor your progress. It has everything you would expect a 0-10% incline, 20″ x 55″ tread belt, and a 2.6 CHP motor so that you can get a great workout whether you plan to walk or run.
Furthermore, you can select a comfort level with its cushioning. And, it comes with a 10-year frame warranty, 2-year parts, and 1-year labor warranty. Also, it offers great customer service. It is built for walkers and casual runners who need a quality treadmill for home gym without all the tech.
- FlexSelect Cushioning: It features spongy orange dampeners under the running deck that allows you to turn the cushioning on or off. You can turn it on by twisting the cushion knob until it reads “Cushion.” It helps protect joints from overuse and impact injuries, which is the main benefit of indoor training.
- Incline: It offers a 10% incline that is enough for the average user. Working at an incline engages glutes and hamstrings for balanced leg conditioning.
- Space-Saving Design: You can fold up this machine when not in use. As footprints are compact, it is only 73″ tall when folded in a vertical position. EasyLift Assist makes folding it easily. It has a hydraulic release system under the running deck that lowers the running platform back to the floor.
- Quick Controls: There are OneTouch controls for Speed and Incline. Buttons are numbered 1 to 10 to match each speed or incline. They offer a quick way to navigate directly from the console.
- On-board Programs: It comes with 20 onboard programs that give preset options for fat burn, calorie burn, intervals, etc. Also, with iFit subscription, you can access endless training options on your phone/tablet.
- Impressive core performance with a 2.6 CHP motor.
- It is the best treadmill for walkers and light runners.
- Foldable design with wheels in the base for easy moving.
- A good-sized running platform for such a compact machine.
- It offers 30-day free iFit trial membership.
- EasyLift Assist for compact, simple storage.
- It isn’t meant for intense training.
- The assembly of a treadmill is a bit difficult.
2. Horizon T101 Go Series Treadmill
|Incline Range||0 – 10%|
|Max Weight||300 lbs|
|Heart Rate||Pulse Grips|
|Footprints||70″ x 34″ x 55″|
|Treadbelt||20″ x 55″|
Horizon Fitness T101-04 is an entry-level treadmill that is the best for joggers, walkers, and casual runners. It is one of the best-selling treadmills in this price range. There are any particular bells and whistles, though it does give exactly what is needed. It comes with a quiet 2.5 CHP motor backed by a lifetime warranty, speeds up to 10 mph and inclines range from 0-10%.
Moreover, the machine is compact, sturdy, quiet in operation, and has 3-Zone cushioning in the deck to protect your joints and spine. This T101 provides exposure to different types of treadmill workouts with nine built-in workout programs.
- 3 Zone variable response cushioning: The cushioning on this T101 Go Series is pretty impressive for such an affordable treadmill. It allows you to walk or jog without discomfort or pain.
- FeatherLight Folding: It folds up easily and locks in place when not in use. It also reduces the amount of floor space you need for your home treadmill.
- LED Display: It has 3 data windows with red LED lighting. Its display keeps track of your stats during a workout – calories, distance, heart rate, speed, and time.
- 20″ x 60″ Deck: Whether you’re a jogger or runner, this sturdy deck gives all the space and comfort you need to run at your pace.
- Built for HIIT: It has easy controls that are designed for quick changes. Hold the interval 1 or 2 key to save your speed and incline settings for HIIT workouts.
- Optimal Device Holder: It comes with a built-in media holder that makes it easy to keep your phone or tablet in view of instructor-led classes. It keeps your device safe even during hard runs.
- Music-Friendly: It features advanced multi-device Bluetooth connectivity that syncs your device to treadmill’s built-in speakers to stream media. It offers an audio input jack, USB port, and speakers.
- Cooling fan for extra comfort during workouts.
- Compact design doesn’t take much space when open.
- Pulse grips provide quick heart rate readings.
- Its console is user-friendly.
- Lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, and 1-year on parts and labor.
- It isn’t suitable for heavy training.
3. LifeSpan TR1200i Color Folding Treadmill
|Incline||0 – 15%|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Speed||0.5 to 11 mph|
|Overall Weight||197 lbs|
|Footprints||70″ x 33″ x 54″|
|Running Area||56″ x 20″|
The TR1200i is another budget-friendly machine by LifeSpan that is equipped with various quality features. It comes with a powerful motor that allows the treadmill to reach speeds of up to 11 mph. It is great for athletes, casual runners, and joggers.
It features a two-ply quality belt which is 20 inches wide and 56″ long to give you a natural experience of walking, jogging or running. You can save your workout data like calorie burn, heart rate etc. to a USB drive or sync a Bluetooth enabled device for direct download.
- Motor: The 2.5 CHP motor operate quietly and offers ample power for long jobs and doesn’t cause the track to stutter during speed changes.
- Foldable Design: It comes with EZfold technology that uses a hydraulic system to assist in folding the treadmill. After being folded, it needs the measurement of 39″ long, 33″ wide and 63″ tall of floor space to be stored.
- Incline: The incline range of 0% to 15% is adjustable with the touch of a button for a high-intensity workout. You can adjust the incline by 0.5 increments with the arrow keys.
- Cushioning: It is supported by eight compression shock absorbers that give safe cushioning for joints, back and knees. Thus if you have a problem while exercising on hard surfaces, it can help reduce the strain.
- Intelli-step Function: It boasts a step-counting feature and works more accurately than a typical pedometer. It counts the steps automatically via sensors in the motor.
- Workout Programs: The 1200i comes with 21 inbuilt programs that focus on weight loss, sports training, and healthy living. There are two heart rate programs, and the last two programs can be customized by the user.
- Advanced Safety Features: Its Intelli Guard feature stops the belt in case you stop walking, jogging, running or if you aren’t on it for 20 seconds. Also, there is a STOP button under the LCD that will turn off the device.
- 7″ full-colour LCD screen to track your exercise
- Compact whether it is folded or unfolded
- 15 incline levels for high-intensity workouts
- The advanced sound system lets you listen to music by connecting iPod, Mp3 or other smart devices
- A high-quality two-ply belt
- Portable and easy to move
- No cooling fan included
4. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7515 Smart Treadmill
|Incline||0% – 12%|
|Weight Capacity||250 lbs|
|Speed||1 – 8 mph|
|Footprints||64.5″ x 28″ x 50.5″|
|Running Area||49.5″ x 16.5″|
|Warranty||Frame 3-years, Parts 90-days|
The SF-T7515 Smart treadmill is packed with state of the art technology that keeps you engaged and connected. It is the best treadmill for those runners who want more out of their workout. It does have a smart Bluetooth enabled console and 12 workout programs.
It has a steel frame, durable enough to support max weight up to 250 pounds. Moreover, it comes with an in-built BMI calculator used to test body fatness. For calculating BMI, you have to data such as weight, height, gender, and age.
It’s a decent fitness machine, ideal for light to medium intensity workouts, muscle toning, stamina development, recovery training, and weight loss. It is also one of the affordable folding treadmills with a motorized incline and Bluetooth.
- Digital Monitor: You can track your progress with the digital monitor screen. It can show 12 different work programs, i.e., distance, speed, incline, pulse grip, calories, and heart rare. With a convenient scan mode, you can select to have these features continuously repeated to keep up with all calculations.
- Incline: It comes with a motorized incline system that can only be adjusted from the console, or the controls built-in the left handlebar.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Sync your phone with integrated Bluetooth and play your workout music through onboard crystal clear stereo speakers. You can Play, Pause, Stop, Volume up/down, at your fingertips.
- Foldable & Portable: It comes with portable wheels to store it away out of sight or keep it upright for more room. Its SoftDrop hydraulic system allows you to fold/unfold safely.
- Folding deck with soft-drop hydraulic system.
- Body Mass Index function.
- It is perfect for home gym.
- It features Bluetooth connection for phone calls and sound systems.
- The deck is integrated with shock absorption elements.
- Pulse grip heart rate monitoring.
- A tablet placed on the media shelf will cover the quick speed controls.
5. Goplus 2.25HP Electric Folding Treadmill
|Deck Length||43.3″ x 16.5″|
|Weight Capacity||265 lbs|
|Speed||1 – 12.8 km/h|
Goplus 2.25 hp electric treadmill that could make you get more results in less time. It has a heavy-duty construction, and the capacity is up to 265 lbs. Its quite impulse motor delivers power for speed, interval and endurance training. Also, the big rubber belt offers a more stable and comfortable workout experience.
The extra-large LED touch screen is crystal clear that gives a better watching experience. You can work out in the dark and still see all your stats. Its max speed 7.9 mph might not be the best for athletes, but if you are an endurance athlete, the speed should be ideal when combined with interval training.
- Quiet Motor: With 2.25 hp powerful motor, you can enjoy your workout in peace without having to worry about disturbing others.
- Foldable design: It has an easy folding mechanism and a soft drop system that help you to fold and unfold safely with ease.
- Cushioning: It has five layers that give you the best experience. The noise reduction layer reduces the noise and vibration to your floor efficiently. Also, there are EVA Shock absorption layer and high strength support layer. It helps buffer against putting more stress on the feet, legs and muscles.
- Bluetooth Speaker and Phone Holder: You can enjoy music while exercising by connecting your smart device to the treadmill via Bluetooth. Also, there is a tablet holder on display.
- Made from high-quality steel.
- Non-slip and shock-absorbing running belt.
- Easy folding treadmill.
- Bluetooth speaker.
- Extra-large LED touch screen.
- Comes pre-assembled.
- 8 stage damping system – reduces the impact.
- No incline.
6. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7857 Treadmill
|Deck Size||44″ x 19.5″|
|Weight Capacity||295 lbs|
|Dimensions||58″ x 29″ x 53″|
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7857 is a high-end sturdy and stable treadmill with a 2.5 hp motor and 295 lbs weight limit. It doesn’t feature fancy details like user profiles, Google maps, but it is easy to use simple controls and safety features.
Furthermore, it has sturdy construction as base frame and sidebars are made of steel. And the steel bars are powder coated with a durable paint finish that is resistant to corrosion. It comes with a basic console without bells and whistles featuring an LCD display with a blue LED-backlit.
Its frame comes fully assembled and weighs 123 lbs that offer decent stability. Also, the front base integrated rubberized pads that enhance its grip and stability onto the floor.
- Console: It comes with a basic console that features three small LED displays. They indicate time, distance, speed and calories. There are no pulse sensors, and the console can’t read your pulse.
- Transportation Wheels: With convenient transport wheels, you can tilt and roll out for use or away for storage, no need for heavy lifting.
- Motor: Its motor isn’t extremely powerful, but it is the best choice for walking and jogging. It also has a small flywheel that reduces vibration and delivers a smooth movement to a tread belt.
- Heavy-duty frame construction with a user weight capacity of 350 lbs.
- Shock absorption element on each side of the belt.
- Effortless to fold and space-saving.
- Very easy to assemble.
- Wheels allow for easy mobility.
- Low deck profile
- No pulse reading function
- No incline
7. Golds Gym Trainer 720 Treadmill
|Incline Range||0 – 10%|
|Max Weight||300 lbs|
|Belt Size||20″ x 55″|
|Sensor||EKG grip pulse|
|Warranty||Frame – Lifetime, Motor – 25 year|
This 720 treadmill with power incline, dual-grip heart rate monitor, and iFit technology is perfect for light walkers and joggers. It is a top-rated model fitted with a motor that supports a moderate level of activity.
It comes with Quick speed control settings. You can adjust it to any level from low warm up to high intensity. Also, you can add an incline for a better workout. For the better sound quality and entertainment during the workout, the 720 trainer comes with two built-in speakers.
- Motor: It has a 2.5 horsepower motor that gives smooth functioning. It is ideal for walkers and joggers.
- Speed: Its speed control can be operated with a single button. By clicking on it, you can increase or decrease speed to suit your requirement.
- 10% Incline: It comes with an automatic incline that adds an additional benefit to the workout. It also helps to burn fat faster and ensures a complete body workout.
- Display: It features multi-window LED display that helps you track vital workout statics such as speed, distance, time, and calories. Moreover, you can make your workout intrested by checking out the progress in the virtual racetrack for motivation.
- Cushioning: Its AirStride Plus cushioning reduces the impact on joints and creates healthy and stress-free workout.
- Pulse grip sensors for heart rate monitoring
- Pre-installed 18 workout programs
- Foldable, compact design for easy storage
- Compatible music port for Apple iPod
- Large and easy to use interface
- Lightweight design impacts stability.
8. Exerpeutic TF1000 Ultra High Capacity Walk to Fitness Electric Treadmill
|Incline Range||0 – 6%|
|Weight Capacity||400 lbs|
|Top Speed||0 – 4 mph|
|Footprint||51.2″ x 32″ x 63″|
|Belt||40″ x 20″|
Exerpeutic TF1000 electric treadmill could make you get more results in less time. It is a suitable home treadmill for people who wants a treadmill for walking within the comforts of home and at a budget-friendly cost.
This model is space-saving as it is foldable. Furthermore, the 20″ x 40″ track is good enough for walking, and 18 inches handrails provide extra safety during the workout. Its four mp speed limit might not be the best for athletes, but if you are an endurance athlete, the speed should be ideal when combined with interval training.
- Motor: Its optimal size 1.5 hp torque power motor is helpful in brisk walking. The motor provides a quiet drive; thus, you can enjoy watching TV while working on it. For its quality assurity, it comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Incline/Decline: This treadmill doesn’t support power incline. It comes with two manual incline settings which help in increasing the intensity of your workout. You have to get off the treadmill and manually alter the incline.
- Cushioning: The deck has the shock absorption feature that ensures optimal support. It reduces the strain and absorbs the impact of the user’s workout. Also, it helps in recovering the muscles faster.
- Console: The LCD monitor shows the required workout data, i.e., speed, time, distance walked, calories burned and pulse. User can monitor his progress and track workout data.
- Heart Rate: Monitoring of heart rate is done with Heart Pulse Pads that are fixed on the handlebars. The reading is nearly close to accurate and helps to burn the required amount of calories.
- Foldable design: It has an easy folding mechanism that helps you to fold and unfold safely with ease. You can be moved to a different location via transportation wheels.
- Higher Weight capacity up to 400 lbs.
- Highly portable with transport wheels at the front.
- Two manual incline settings.
- Non-slip & shock-absorbing running belt.
- Extra-long safety handles.
- Quick controls for tracking heart rate and speed on the handlebars.
- Speed is only four mph.
- No pre-set programs.
- No motorised incline.
9. Reebok Jet 100 Series Treadmill
|Weight Capacity||242 lbs|
|Display||6 LED Windows|
|Running Area||51.2″ x 17″|
|Programs||24 preset + 3 target|
This Jet 100 treadmill from Reebok is one of the Advanced Fitness Group’s more advanced models. It has a steel base frame coated with a corrosion-resistant powder finish.
This machine is something on which everyone can get their hands on without any complication and also offering a decent level of advanced functionality. Also, there is a body fat analyzing tool which can help you know how to best workout.
Moreover, you’ll feel comfortable running with its Air Motion Cushioning. It reduces the impact of each stride and giving you a smoother run experience. The 2hp motor is suitable for both steady-state and interval training. You can fit this Jet 100 into any locations in your home as it folds up and easy to store,
- Incline: It consists of 15 levels incline system that gives you a more extensive range of workout to maintain your body fitness. It helps to make the exercise more intense and harsh.
- Tread Belt: It has a stretch-resistant, durable, and a firm grip belt. It reduces all the risks of accidents that may take place during the workout or running session.
- Console: It comes with an LED-based console that has red digits. It can be easily read without any stress to the eyes. The console has 24 workout programs that help to adjust the best speed and incline automatically.
- Audio: The installed sound system is compatible with almost all the smartphones and MP3 players. Also, there is a USB port that can be used to charge your devices.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: It features an in-built heart rate monitor that continuously projects your heart rate as you go about your workout.
- Tablet Holder: It offers you a tablet holder of a genius size along with a water bottle holder.
- It offers excellent workout performance.
- Wheels on the base allow easy movement.
- Sturdy construction for light capacity treadmill.
- It is ideal for beginners and intense cardio runners.
- Multi-panel LED with large digits for easy readability.
- It features an air motion cushioning technology.
- Easy set up with simple instructions.
- Its console isn’t telemetric.
- The fan isn’t that powerful.
10. Nautilus T616 Treadmill
|Incline||0 to 15%|
|Max Weight||300 lbs|
|Top Speed||12 MPH|
|Footprint||57.6″ x 35.2″ x 72.2″|
|Belt Size||22″ x 60″|
|Display||22″ HD Touchscreen|
This Nautilus T616 is a high-end treadmill and perfect for walking, running, and jogging. It is the best treadmill that has a powerful motor that can reach a max speed of up to 12mph. It comes with a well-cushioned deck and console with the option to integrate mixed training.
It is designed to run 19 locations through the Runsocial app. Moreover, up to 15%automatic incline is great for tones up your lower body muscles. There are plenty of connectivity and comfort options. With Bluetooth, you can sync your workout data. It is a top-rated model that also comes with USB charging ports and a three-speed fan.
- Bluetooth: It is a tech-friendly treadmill and comes with Bluetooth technology that allows you to connect various smart devices to transfer workout data and monitor the training through the Nautilus Fitness App.
- Motor: It has the most powerful 3.0 CHP motor that offers a maximum speed of up to 12 mph. It supports the tracks incline to a maximum of 15 degrees of angle.
- Goal Tracking: You can track your workout, set time, speed, calorie, and fitness goals for some fitness motivation.
- Display: Its fully loaded console features a DualTrack display with two high-resolution backlit monitors to see your tablet or magazine while keeping an eye on workout metrics.
- Cushioning: It comes with an exclusive StrikeZone cushioning system. It provides a smooth workout experience and minimizes impact on your joints.
- Space-saving design so you can fold up easily
- Free 1 month iFit subscription, so you get all the benefits of the app
- Two incline levels allow you to adjust the deck for hill work or keep it flat for speed work
- A large LCD tracks your progress.
- It is a bit challenging to assemble.
How To Choose The Best Treadmill?
Fitness equipment comes in all varieties to suit the pocket of all kinds of people. With the change in price, you expect the addition of various features, some of that are quite useful while some are just luxury. Best Treadmills under $1000 are durable and more robust than treadmills under $500. Before you decide whether to buy a treadmill, consider some vital factors:
- Cost: How much would you want to spend?
- Space: How much room doy you have? Should you get a folding one?
- Extras: Consider program options, heart rate monitors, and other additional attributes.
- Users: How many people will use it, and how often?
Motor: The main thing to look out for is the motor power that can cope with long sessions and higher-speeds. The horsepower delivered by drive motor affects the quality of the home treadmill. Look for a motor with at least 1.5 CHP, or if you plan on running frequently, then go for 2.5 to 3.0 CHP motor.
Incline: A motorized incline is also vital in this price range so that you don’t have to get off the machine and adjust manually during your workout. Pick the best treadmill that has an incline level up to 10 percent or more.
Your body interacts mostly with the tread belt. Therefore, it has a lot of importance in determining the quality of workout sessions. In the budget treadmills, belts with sizes of 16″ x 50″ are quite common. If you’re 6 feet tall, you require a 52″ belt for walking and 54″ for running.
With a tight budget, you’re going to have a limited display. The display monitor comes with a backlit LCD panel that tracks the speed, time, distance, and calories burned. Take into consideration how important the extras are for you before deciding on a budget treadmill.
The display screen and console can cost hundreds of dollars to replace, and generally, the console isn’t under warranty.
Maximum Weight Rating
Max user weight of treadmill in this budget is around 300-325 lbs. Heavy users need sturdy and robust equipment, especially when running. A good weight capacity also indicates the sturdiness of the treadmill.
The treadmill doesn’t have many moving parts, but the noise it makes annoys almost everyone. The motor inside the treadmill produces an irritating noise. To meet the requirements of hardcore running, some cheap machines have to run noisy operations.
A treadmill with a weak motor may get overheated because of continuous run. If you are looking for a quiet walk, that might not be possible with a low budget treadmill. Furthermore, you’ll have to maintain a cheap treadmill more than a more expensive treadmill. The belt requires lubrication every few months or weeks for smooth running.
A treadmill looks smaller in the store than it’ll be in your home. Therefore be sure to measure your space before selecting a treadmill. A folding treadmill is a good option. Some models are much easier to fold, unfold, and move.
Heart Rate Monitor
The pulse sensor is built-in handlebars or is in the form of button sensors. These monitors require physical contact between the user’s hands, fingers, and the console. Most of the treadmills support wireless pulse monitor, while some come with a chest strap sensor.
These wireless/Bluetooth sensors are great for people working out in the zone and for people having heart issues who workout at home under the supervision of trained personal.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do Treadmills Under $1000 Have Good Warranties?
Yes, treadmills under this range can have a great warranty period. Some treadmills under $1000 even provide lifetime warranties for the frame and motor.
Make sure you pick the treadmill with a parts warranty of 3 years and a labor warranty of at least a year.
2. Is Treadmill Running Easier Running At The Same Speed Outdoors?
Running on treadmill is a bit easier than running outdoors. The treadmill belt assists leg turnover, making it easier to run faster.
3. Why Do Treadmill Use “mph” while runner prefers minutes per miles?
Most treadmills provide both readings mph and mpm. Manufacturers include miles per hour because casual or beginner users may not be familiar with minutes per mile that is the measure preferred by experienced runners.