In A Hurry? Our Top Reasons To Buy
Built For Runners Who Want: Multiple user-profiles and simple treadmill consoles.
Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill
- Max speed of 12mph.
- 0 to +15% Incline range.
- Innovative compact design.
- Easy to navigate console
- Sturdy treadmill deck
- Comfort Tech Deck Support
- 375 lbs Weight Capacity
- One-touch adjustments for speeds and incline.
- Easy SoftDrop Stowable Design.
Whether you are training for distance or learning to run for the first time, this Bowflex Treadmill provides you a spacious running platform, high-powered motor, and many more. It also offers innovative Burn rate console and easy to use programs.
It is an all-around impressive new treadmill for home use. It has the specs to serve a household for many years. This treadmill is designed to meet or beat the physical prowess of its major competitors. It delivers an incredible workout that is compatible with Bowflex JRNY experience.
Its belt is also 3-Ply, offering a thickness that delivers durability and comfort. This Bowflex BXT116 is one of the best treadmills for serious runners who are searching for an incredible value.
Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill Review: First Impressions
|Incline Range||0 to +15%|
|Weight Capacity||375 lbs|
|Top Speed||Top Speed|
|Footprint||84.6″ x 36.3″ x 55.2|
|Belt Size||22″ x 60″|
|Display||5″ color backlit LCD screen|
|Heart Rate Monitor||EKG Grip Pulse|
- Up to +15% Incline with quick adjustments allows you to enhance your incline.
- Comfort Technology Deck Support Suspension Technology.
- Bluetooth enabled for wireless stats sharing.
- Tablet shelf with USB Charger.
- This treadmill can hold 375 pounds.
- It comes with a wide 20″ wide x 60″ track.
- Speed and incline controls built into the handgrips.
- It provides a two-month trial of Zwift virtual workouts.
- Its burn rate console offers motivating feedback.
- It isn’t suitable for extra-large trainees.
- Assembly isn’t quick and easy.
Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill: Detailed Features
- Motor: This BX T116 powers its workout belt with a 3.5 CHP motor. It is strong enough for almost anyone’s treadmill running.
- Burn Rate Console: With this console, you’ll get the usual feedback such as time, speed, distance, heart rate, calories, and so forth. Also, a per-minute calorie burn calculation for extra motivation.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: It is packed with chest straps for convenient wireless monitoring. With this, you can get the additional cardio benefit of heart rate controlled workouts.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: It features Bluetooth option on the console makes it easy to log your fitness stats. The console computer can sync with the Bowflex Results mobile app and similar mobile apps from other providers.
- Workout programs: It offers nine preset programs into its console. These provide good variety with exercise routines regarding calorie burn, heart rate training, distance-centered workouts, and others.
- Foldable Design: It is a foldable machine that can fit into your living room by just pushing the deck upwards.
- Warranty: The Bowflex offers an average treadmill warranty with a two-year warranty on the labor repairs.
Unlike the NordicTrack and Proform, Bowflex creates treadmills that are more focused on its structure than programming. Its sturdy built and decent warranty help to make this a great value for the price.
This machine lacks in its built-in workout programs but is one of the sturdiest machines in this price tag. The more durable machine can withstand heavier use for a longer time.
Tread Belt and Rollers
Even at this price range, it is rear to see a 3-ply tread belt. This extra-ply refers to the thickness of the belt, which is three times the thickness of your standard treadmill mat. There is no problem with belt ripping even at the higher weight ranges. It also offers the extra comfortable workout with a longer product lifespan.
Furthermore, it is long-lasting, low maintenance, and quiet running compared with rivals. Its belt rollers are 2.75 inches in diameter that is larger than what rivals often supply. The larger rollers promote the tread belt’s longevity and reduce demand on the motor.
To power through long-running and walking workout sessions, the T116 features a 3.5 CHP drive motor. It supplies great power for most trainees. However, the bigger motor can handle a higher user weight and better for marathon training.
Preset Workouts Programs
It has a 7.5″ color screen and nine preloaded training programs. It offers various programs, such as calorie burn, cardio endurance, and speed. Fitness pros design these programs, and you can customize them.
With controls on the handlebar, you can make program adjustments as you move. It also features real-time customization so you can save program changes that you make during a workout.
There is a media ledge and charging port, which makes it easy to integrate workout programs with your phone or tablet.
It also includes eight weeks of DailyBurn workout. With this mode, you can get a tailored workout anytime by selecting your preference. It also offers hundreds of workout videos to use away from your treadmill.
The Free Zwift subscription is included with Bowflex Results equipment too. This digital reality workouts can help keep any family member entertained as they train. It can sync with a treadmill and other fitness equipment.
Furthermore, the free app RunSocial can be used with this BX treadmill. This RunSocial delivers outdoor training in scenic settings. You can invite your friends to accompany you along virtual routes and syn your accounts when train together.
Bowflex JRNY App
It supports JRNY, which is a personalized coaching technology that integrates with this treadmill. It creates daily, custom workouts and offers in-workout training and personalized feedback that supports and drives users through their workout.
- Individualized workouts that adjust to the user: It delivers daily, individualized running workouts. This automatically adapts as your running improves, scaling every custom run to help you reach your goals.
- Friendly virtual coaching that guides you: Every run is guided by in-workout coaching and fitness tips that keep the user on track and help you reach long term success.
- Explore the World App: It allows you to tour the world from the comfort of home. It features virtual courses, exotic locales, and stunning trails such as Death Valley, the Swiss Alps, and much more.
- Listen to Bowflex Radio: You can stream biggest hits with Bowflex Radio. Listen to the ever-changing line of new playlists, like Pop, Country, Hip-Hop, Rock, and more.
However, to access these unlimited features, you require a Bowflex JRNY subscription. They offer various free courses, and you can convert paid subscriptions when the free trial ends.
It features a 7.5 inches wide full-color screen. It is backlit for easy viewing regardless of your home gym lighting. The console is simple so that you can hop on a start working out.
The screen displays time, an exertion meter, incline, speed, and visual display of your workout. It keeps your programs right in front of you in vivid detail.
Its integrated calorie-focused console displays user’s calories burned per minute. It motivates you and pushes you to go further and faster in less time.
- It features easy to operate, soft, and responsive gel buttons assure that you’ve everything within reach.
- Fans: There is a small fan mounted directly below the BXT116 console. The breeze is weak and only cools you at a walking pace.
- Tablet Holder: There is a media shelf at the top of the console that can keep your mobile device or tablet handy and consists of a USB charging port.
As far as high-grade, heavy-duty treadmills go, this BXT116 is a top performer. With this treadmill, you can either walk or run at a speed limit of up to 12 mph. Also, enjoy a range of features and can accommodate users who are on the heavier side.
A spacious deck which supports your body is important. Its Comfy Tech is the gold standard for impact absorption. Also, it provides a softer and broader sweet spot for every step and unparalleled support. This spacious 20×60″ deck is designed to simulate the freedom of the open road.
Soft Drop Technology
When it comes to saving space, Bowflex designs compact products that easily fit in nearly any room of your home. Its design delivers the promise of safety with a gas shock folding system that offers a gentle descent every time.
The heart rate telemetry-sending chest strap is a good way to track your heart during a workout. It features EKG sensors on the handlebars, though they are not much accurate.
It features 2 speakers mounted above the console of this treadmill. They are of nice quality and are somewhat fuzzy sounding that becomes more pronounced, the louder the volume level.
What’s covered by the warranty?
- Frame: 15 years
- Parts: 5 years
- Labor: 2 years
Like the most treadmills, the BXT116 comes with a number of parts and wires put together. The best thing is that it also comes with a step-by-step assembly manual.
Therefore, while it is going to take you a bit of time to get together, somewhere around 3-4 hours, which is not going to be too difficult.
Bowflex treadmills are an excellent choice for all those exercisers who are looking to lose weight and tone up their bodies overall.
This BXT116 is a budget treadmill that features an attractively sleek design and heavy-duty motor. This machine can accommodate a user who weighs up to 375 lbs.
Furthermore, while this treadmill is a sturdy machine, you can still fold it up. It is also effective at changing the incline range between 0% to 15%. It is an ideal treadmill for a heavy jogger or light runner who is interested in the sturdiness of the treadmill than its program abilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the weight capacity of the BXT116 Treadmill?
Its weight limit is 375 pounds.
2. Is there Heart Rate Monitoring on the Bowflex treadmill?
Yes, there is a heart rate zone training to target a particular goal with the in-built EKG grip Pulse sensors.
3. How many programs does this treadmill have?
This BXT116 features 9 intuitive “push and go” workout programs.