Bowflex BXT216 Treadmill
Built For Runners Who Want: folding treadmill that can be used with or without a subscription..
- Foldable Design.
- 11 preset programs.
- 12 mph speed for interval training.
- Incline to 15% for hill variables.
- Comfort Tech Cushioning Technology.
- Quite and heart with robust motor.
- Innovative Burn Rate console.
Bowflex BXT216 is a high-end treadmill powered with some impressive specs at an affordable price range. It is one of the best treadmills for marathon-caliber trainees who want to share the treadmill with other family members. The machine has a 4.0 CHP motor that means you will be able to run long distances. Not only this, the 3-ply belt offers a thickness that delivers durability and extra running comfort.
Its foldable design makes it a great home use treadmill that allows runners to train on their own schedule. Further, Bowflex’s JRNY app syncs with a treadmill for added features, programs, and training. The Bowflex BXT216 Treadmill features an easy-to-navigate interface so that you can select your workout, user profile, and more.
So let’s get into its in-depth review to know more about it.
Bowflex BXT216 Treadmill Review: First Impressions
|Bowflex BXT216 Treadmill Specifications|
|Incline / Decline Range||0 – 15%|
|Running Area||22″ x 60″|
|Top Speed||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity||400 lbs|
|Tread Belt||Durable 3-ply 2.5mm|
|Display||9″ Color LCD|
|Heart Rate Monitor||Wireless Monitoring|
|Footprints||84.5″ x 38.5″ x 54.7″|
|Warranty||Frame & Motor: 15 years | Parts / Electronics: 5 years | Labors: 2 Years|
Reasons To Buy
- Heavy-duty frame.
- Comfort Tech cushioning system.
- Quick touch speed and incline buttons.
- No subscription is required for workout programs.
- Syncs with various fitness apps.
- It folds in half to save space.
- Tablet holder with a USB charging port.
- JRNY app subscription includes virtual trainer.
Reasons To Avoid
- Heavy machine.
- It doesn’t provide video or classes on the console.
Bowflex BXT216 Treadmill: Detailed Specifications
- Powerful Motor: It has a 4.0 CHP motor that runs smoothly and surprisingly quiet. It will support jogging, power walking, running, intervals, hill training easily.
- Folding system: With a Soft Drop folding system, you can fold up your treadmill easily. It locks in place when folded and has a hydraulic assist arm to help it release gently and slowly to the floor.
- Weight Capacity: It supports up to 400lbs weight that is one of the heavier weight capacities at this price.
- Comfortable Running: Its deck features Comfort Tech cushioning that makes running comfortable, supports user stride, and mitigates foot impact.
- Handrail Controls: The handrails boast two different controls for speed and incline. There is a handlebar control on the front horizontal bar and another control on parallel handrails. This helps the user to adjust speed/incline at any time without lifting hands off the rails.
- Media Shelf with Water bottle holder: There is a built-in tablet holder located above the console so that you can use the Bowflex app without having to block your view of the LCD display. Also, you can place a energy drink bottle in the storage compartment. It has plenty of room for a cell phone, remote control, or anything else you might want to keep during workouts.
The frame of this Bowflex treadmill is sturdy and elevated from the floor. The machine stays stable when in use, even when running at a fast pace. There are wheels under the stabilizer, so it can be rolled if required.
Its dimensions are 84.5″ in length, 38.5″ in width, and 54.7″ in height. If you are planning to set it in a common room, make sure you have enough space. It is recommended to have at least a height of it +16″ of head clearance for incline.
It features a 4.0 horsepower motor that is designed to handle intense training and multiple users. Its motor is quiet, and both speed and incline adjustments are smooth. Best of all, it delivers great power and reduced noise output. Also, it supports up to 400lbs, so trainees of all sizes can enjoy BXT216 with a powerful motor.
Its deck platform is comfortable and features a 3-ply tread belt. It has large 2.5 inches rollers and a textured belt surface. Further, the side rails are wide enough to stand on. The BXT216 treadmill features Comfort Tech cushioning that is much better than running on outdoor surfaces. Its cushioning offers a step up from running outdoors and has a cushion for walking or jogging.
The running area is 22″ wide and 60″ long, giving plenty of forward/aft space for a full stride and extra lateral space from side to side.
Preset Workouts Programs
It comes with 11 preloaded workouts that don’t require internet or wifi to run. Each workout has its own button on the console. These workouts are known as “push & go” workouts. With a preloaded workout, you don’t have to work through the menu screen and then filter through classes and options to find a workout. Just hit the button and start the workout.
This Bowflex BXT216 is best for those users who don’t need extra programs and content. Besides, the console is easy to use and understand. There are some pre-programmed workouts, including – Fat Burn, Calorie Burn, Manual, Heart Rate training, etc. It also has four user profiles that allow you to customize the metric readout for up to four different people.
Bowflex JRNY app
You can access the JRNY app through a personal device. This will allow you to view the JRNY program and videos on the tablet, while the console display will sync with your account to keep track of workout metrics.
As compared to other treadmills at this price, the console layout of BXT216 isn’t up to the mark. This machine doesn’t have a touchscreen with integrated controls or subscription video content. However, you can subscribe to the JRNY app with a virtual trainer.
The console features raised tactile buttons that can feel a bit clunky. For selecting speed, you have to push the speed and press enter to get it to move.
The BXT216 boasts a 9″ full-color backlit display with large digital numbers. It shows calorie burn at the center, time on the left, and distance on the right with smaller numbers. You can select the metrics that you want to see large and at the center of the display. In addition to calories displayed in the center, other feedback includes:
- Total Calories burned
- Burn Rate
- Heart Rate
The screen is in the center with a large tablet holder and speakers to the right and left of this. Besides, the speed controls are on the right and incline controls on the left.
- Speed and Incline Controls: Speed buttons for 1, 3, 6, 9, 10, and 12mph with an “Enter” key on the right. Apart from this, there are buttons for 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15% incline along with an “Enter” key on the left.
- Start/Stop/Safety Key: It features Red STOP and Green Start button and the attachment for the safety key. Also, it has a button for speaker volume and one button for the fan power on the right.
- 11 Workout Programs: It comes with 11 pre-installed workouts that don’t require a subscription.
- This Bowflex treadmill boasts a fan in the base of the console with a 3-speed adjustment. It is an excellent option that makes a noticeable difference when running hard.
- Also, there is a media ledge above the screen for a phone, a tablet, or a personal device. You can download or use any fitness apps on your personal device, and they can be set above the screen for visibility.
The machine offers a comfortable running surface and powerful motor. Its incline and speed settings adjust smoothly for perfect balance. Apart from this, the deck is sturdy and supportive underfoot. The cushioning is designed for long runs or heavy training.
It comes with a 15% max incline that allows for hill training at an incline between 1 to 15%. Therefore, you can easily do small hills, rolling hills, and steep hills. These uphills training offers more muscle growth and stimulation when working on an incline. In addition, for moderate training, you can walk or jog on an incline to burn more calories and increase your heart rate.
Best of all, incline training allows casual walkers, light joggers, power walkers, or anyone with joint pain to get a calorie-burning workout without having to run.
It has a moderate noise output as its motor and belt create a bit of noise as the belt moves across the deck. However, the noise isn’t terrible, and every treadmill creates some thudding while in use.
This Bowflex has a foldable design, and it folds in half. It is easy to fold with a red grab bar at the base of the deck. Just lift it up the bar, and the deck will then lock in place for security when folded. To unfold, press the large red button on the right-hand side, and the deck will descend smoothly to the floor.
The Bowflex treadmill is easy to set up. Its manual comes with images that are large and easy to read with detailed written directions for each step. There are only a few different screws and bolts needed. Further, it includes all the required tools like an allen wrench and screwdriver.
Overall, assembly is easy, and it will take an hour or two. If you are in doubt, there is also an option of professional assembly, but that takes separate charges.
What’s in the warranty?
This machine comes with a 15 years frame and motor warranty. Also, it has five years warranty on mechanical parts and electronics.
Bowflex brand is a reputed brand for manufacturing high-quality fitness equipment. Most users loved its heavy-duty frame and 400 lbs weight capacity. Another amazing thing is that it comes with a decent workout selection. With its powerful motor, you will be able to run long distances or use it multiple times daily.
Its 3-ply belt is thicker than traditional treadmills that give a smooth and durable run. Also, you can expect to get a long lifespan as it is a solid build machine with quality parts. The JRNY app offers a two-month trial that includes a fitness assessment and Max virtual trainer who gives customized workouts.
This well-powered treadmill is perfect for home gym use. Overall, it is the state-of-the-art treadmill for serious runners.
Frequently Asked Questions
2. Is this Home treadmill Bluetooth compatible?
Yes, it supports a Bluetooth connectivity for tracking workouts and progress via a free app. However, it isn’t compatible with Bluetooth heart rate chest strap.
2. How many workouts plan the Bowflex treadmill offers?
You will get 11 workout plans to get custom weight loss programs to calorie burns. Also, you will get to choose the right program as per your fitness requirements and skill level.
3. What is the difference between BXT216 and BXT116??
This BXT216 is a premium model that has stronger motor power at 4.0 CHP and a wider running surface. Also, it has better impact cushioning than BXT116.