Bowflex Treadmill 22
Built For Runners Who Want: a treadmill for top-of-the-line cardio experience with proper coaching and motivation to keep themselves captivated in achieving their fitness goals.
- 22″ immersive display.
- Top speed of 12 mph.
- 4 CHP motor.
- Speed and incline knobs.
- 60″ x 22″ (L x W) running surface.
- Motorized decline/incline ranging from -5% to 20%.
- SoftDrop folding system.
You may have seen many high-end treadmills at the gym, but getting a similar machine for your home use, will be an added advantage. By keeping this thing in mind, we have meticulously searched and found one – the Bowflex Treadmill 22.
Bowflex is not a new name in the fitness industry, and it is considered one of the most popular brands in the world when it comes to making home gym equipment.
The top-notch design, adjustable HD touchscreen, cushioning deck, pulse grip and wireless HR monitor, quick incline and speed buttons, large display, and some other marvelous specs make this treadmill desirable among fitness lovers, including the advanced levels.
We have analyzed and written all the required specifications, benefits, and drawbacks that will let you conclude whether the T22 treadmill fits your personality or not. Let’s dive in the Bowflex Treadmill 22 Review.
Bowflex Treadmill 22 Review: First Impressions
|Bowflex Treadmill 22 Specifications|
|Incline or Decline Range||20% incline and -5% decline|
|Running Deck||60″ x 22″ (L x W)|
|Max Speed||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity||400 lbs|
|Heartbeat Monitor||Pulse grips and HR armband (wireless)|
|Assembled Weight||336 lbs|
|Footprints||85″ x 39.6″ x 70″ (L x W x H)|
|Warranty||15 Years (Frame & Motor), 5 Years (Mechanical Parts), 1 Year (Electronics), 2 Years (Labor)|
Reasons To Buy
- Comfort Tech deck cushioning.
- The equipment can withstand a 400 pound weight capacity.
- Two-way heartbeat rate checker.
- Fantastic warranty.
- Trainer-led video library via the JRNY app.
- Powerful Bluetooth speakers allow users to listen to a clear-cut sound.
- The cooling fan lets users run chillingly even though the outside is hot.
Reasons To Avoid
- The treadmill does not really function without the JRNY subscription.
Bowflex Treadmill 22: Detailed Specifications
- Display – This Bowflex workout equipment consists of a pretty large screen size of 22 inches. And because of this, you can relaxedly watch various movies, TV shows, or even your favorite trainer’s videos while working out.
- Speed – The Bowflex 22 exercise machine users can perform their workouts with a 0-12 mph pace.
- Incline – Upgrade your running experience with the -5% to 20% incline.
- Running Path – The Bowflex T22 comes with a 22 inches wide and 60 inches long treadmill belt to help users do their running with relaxation.
- Folding Technology – Due to the SoftDrop mechanism, the treadmill deck safely lowers from its raised position and saves much space.
- Weight Capacity – The Bowflex treadmill 22 bears a maximum of 400 lbs so that heavyweight persons can run at home comfortably.
- Fan – Stay cool and comfortable with the built-in fan during your workout session.
- QuickTouch Buttons – You can conveniently change the speed and incline with these buttons to save time.
- Handlebar Grip: This treadmill has an extended handlebar grip. Actually, when you use more incline and are not habituated with it, you can use the handlebars to get on and off the treadmill effortlessly. But after getting habituated with the incline, you should leave this practice because it can minimize your workout effectiveness. Also, many fitness trainers consider holding the handlebar while jogging or running a bad practice.
- Drink Holder – Two cup holders let you keep water or other drinks near you in order to relieve your thirst during a long exercise session.
This Bowflex exercise equipment is constructed with an 85 inches length, 39.6 inches width, and 70 inches height. So, if you are worried about how much space you should leave in your home gym to accommodate the treadmill, then note the dimensions well. Aside from this, you should vacate a min 21 inches height from the ceiling adding your own to do your exercises freely.
Walk, jog, or even run on this fitness machine no matter what the weather is outside. The treadmill frame is sturdy enough to support 400 pounds of user weight. Although you have someone heavyweight in your family, they can comfortably perform their exercises unless they exceed the limit of 400 pounds.
The treadmill is built with a 4.0 CHP motor that is quite strong to let users perform their workouts without any dispute. In general, 2 CHP is good for walking, 2.5 CHP for jogging, and 3.0 CHP for running. But Bowflex has provided its consumers with 4 continuous-duty horsepower rating so that the heavy and serious runners get benefits while using this treadmill. Plus, its heavy-duty frame and high weight do not let the users feel any distress while running on it, unlike the lightweight treadmills available in the market.
A 55-inch long deck is sufficient for an average runner. But it is not when it is the case for a tall runner. In this machine, Bowflex has provided its users with a 60-inch length and 22-inch width-based running deck. Hence, even a tall and advanced runner can relaxedly perform jogging and running on it.
Getting a foldable treadmill is an added benefit because you can simply fold it up to save space after you are done with your workout session. This equipment contains a SoftDrop foldable technology that minimizes more than 40% footprint. As a result, your workout space will be saved, and you can freely move around.
While running at high speed, you may hurt your legs. But you will comfortably overcome this problem in this treadmill due to cushioning technology. This technology helps you land your legs safely on the deck.
Water Bottle Holder
This T22 treadmill provides users with two bottle holders where they can put water and even other beverages. So, whenever they feel thirsty, they will not have to go to the hall or kitchen to quench their thirst; they can simply drink from the bottle and still do their workouts.
Like other fitness applications, such as iFit membership, this treadmill 22 includes a 1-year JRNY subscription, costing $149, totally free of cost. You will get access to your fitness level as well as can make custom exercises personalized as per your capability. Furthermore, various fitness trainers will guide you with appropriate coaching and feedback on your workouts – all from the touchscreen at your home.
Users can explore the world with more than 50 global routes while running on the treadmill and connect with various fitness enthusiasts. In addition, the speed will be auto-adjusted with your preferred instructor so that you can only focus on improving your health and nothing else.
Consumers can even take pleasure in watching Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Amazon Prime Video on the 22-inch console while they train their bodies. But to enjoy this service, they need to pay additional bucks for subscribing to these streaming services, as the JRNY doesn’t include these streaming services’ costs in its membership deal.
- LCD Screen – Track down every exercise statistic, i.e., workout time, speed, heart rate, distance covered, burned calories, etc., in the LCD monitor. At the same time, you can enjoy binge-watching your existing Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, and Disney+ accounts from the high-definition touchscreen. But you will require both subscriptions for the JRNY and the streaming platforms you want to see.
- Speakers – Bowflex offers built-in powerful speakers with this workout equipment, letting you listen to entertainment stuff with a clear sound. Additionally, you can turn on your favorite music in the speakers via Bluetooth.
- Fan – This treadmill has a cooling fan inside. So whenever you strenuously jog and run, the fan present in the treadmill will keep you calm and chilled. You can even set the fan speed at high, medium, and low as per your requirement.
Users can run at a high pace with a maximum range of 12 miles per hour. But having a 12 mph speed doesn’t mean that you have to use the whole of it. Choose the lower pace while you are walking and increase more while jogging. All of it depends on your capability. If you believe that you can handle the pressure, enhance the speed. Otherwise, keep it low and delightfully do your workouts.
Intensify your exercise experience with the greater incline/decline range. Further, you do not need to change the level manually; it is altered automatically through a touch of a button. This treadmill offers its users 20 levels of incline and -5 levels of decline. Thus, you do not have to do boring flat workouts by walking or running through the hills. Use a high incline level from the treadmill and challenge yourself by comfortably performing exercises at home.
Heart Rate Monitoring
Stay in your primary heart zone by checking your heart condition every day. This home gym treadmill lets the users monitor their heart in two ways – either they can use the hand-grips or the Bluetooth-compatible HR armband for advanced heart rate training and tracking. Bowflex has included the armband with this equipment so that you can save some money.
This Bowflex workout equipment includes an assembly manual. After getting the delivery, you should go through it once with utmost care. Here, you will get to know everything about how to assemble the treadmill with step by step evaluation. Before you start setting up the treadmill, ask one or two of your friends or neighbors to come over to your house or apartment. It will ease the process because assembling the machine alone is arduous due to its heavier weight. At last, once the treadmill is done assembling, enjoy running or jogging on it with your mates.
But if you are a private person, you can call your family members to help you out. Also, the best option will be to take the additional “Expert Assembly” option from Amazon. Sometimes, it is free, but you will be charged an extra $89 per unit to assemble most times. I want you to make sure that you read the instructions well before making the final payment if you wish to purchase this option.
What’s covered by the warranty?
It is pretty common for an exercise lover to know that Bowflex products are not localized but have a reputation all over the world. As expected, the warranty is up to the mark. You will get 15 years of warranty on the frame and motor, 5 years if any mechanical parts stop working, 1 year on the electronic parts, and 2 years of free service on labor charges.
- Frame & Motor – 15 Years.
- Mechanical Parts – 5 Years.
- Electronics – 1 Year.
- Labor – 2 Years.
If you use the treadmill with care and keep the maintenance well, generally, you will not find any complications. Despite your treadmill getting defective, contact the customer care support of Bowflex, and you will get proper assistance. Plus, keep the invoice handy.
Motor strength, incline levels, and running deck are the most critical aspects while purchasing a treadmill, and this Bowflex offers these all with a splendid performance. Users get a sky-high incline level of 20%, a decline rating of -5%, 4 continuous-duty horsepower, and a 22″ (W) x 60″ (L) deck.
So no more worries about the weather, even if it is raining cats and dogs, snowfall, or too hot. This Bowflex treadmill lets users workout at home at their convenient time, offering high-end features.
Finally, yet importantly, you must subscribe to the JRNY app for using all the benefits of this treadmill and experience plenty of voice-coached workouts that are automatically adapted with your machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I have to renew the membership to continue getting the benefits of JRNY?
Yes, after your free trial ends, you have to purchase the subscription at the then-current price. Remember, when you first start using the membership, you have to enter your credit card information, whether it is free or not. Finally, if you decide that you are no longer interested in using the JRNY subscription, you must cancel it at least 48 hours before the trial period ends. Otherwise, JRNY will auto deduct your money.
2. What is the accurate height of the deck when the treadmill is placed without any incline or decline (flat position)?
The deck is approximately 10 inches off the ground in a flat area (at 0 incline).
3. Does the T22 treadmill connect to Bluetooth headphones?
Yes, it does connect with Bluetooth headsets or headphones.
- Echelon Stride Treadmill
- Life Fitness T5 Treadmill
- NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill
- NordicTrack T 9.5 S Treadmill
- Precor TRM 211 Treadmill
- Precor TRM 835 Commercial Treadmill
- ProForm Carbon T7 Treadmill
- Sole Fitness F65 Folding Treadmill
- Sole S77 Treadmill
- Sole TT8 Treadmill
- Xterra Fitness TRX4500 Treadmill
- Xterra TRX2500 Treadmill