Echelon Stride Treadmill
Built For Runners Who Want: the smoothest and quietest treadmill with a sleek design, an easy-to-operate console, and outstanding performance.
- Compact size.
- 8 preset workout programs.
- 55″ by 20″ (L x W) Running area.
- A top speed of 12 mph.
- Automatic foldability.
- 1.75 CHP energy-efficient brushless DC motor.
- 12 levels of incline.
- It supports a weight limit of 300 pounds.
Echelon is not a new name in the fitness industry, and it has produced plenty of workout machines over the years. Today we’ll be discussing the Echelon Stride Treadmill. This meticulously researched article will let you know what the treadmill offers and why it is recommended to the users.
Firstly, what you will find attractive among all the other treadmills in the market is its foldable frame. Unlike other fitness equipment, this Stride treadmill console folded down onto the deck, minimizing the footprint to just 10 inches deep.
The 55″ long and 20″ wide running surface, 12 mph maximum speed, and 12% incline make this treadmill desirable among entry-level fitness enthusiasts. Apart from that, there are many buttons implanted on the machine that will let you monitor your workout metrics, such as time, speed, distance, calories burned, etc. But remember, as this treadmill doesn’t feature a screen, you have to set your tablet on the console shelf that will work as a monitor. As a result, you can check up on everything here, and don’t worry about getting out of charge. Just plug your tablet on the USB port and connect it to the Echelon app.
We have highlighted every feature of this treadmill with a detailed explanation so that you can decide whether the equipment is good enough for you or not. Let’s get started.
Echelon Stride Treadmill: First Impressions
|Echelon Stride Treadmill Specifications|
|Incline Range||0 – 12%|
|Running Deck||55″ x 20″ (L x W)|
|Deck Suspension||Impact-absorbing elastomer|
|Top Speed||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Preset Exercise Programs||8|
|Power Requirement||110V AC|
|Heart Rate Monitor||Pulse sensors|
|Footprints||69″ x 31″ x 49″ (L x W x H)|
|Warranty||12 months (Parts), and 12 months (Labor)|
Reasons To Buy
- Easy portability.
- Excellent safety feature.
- Free 90 days access to the Echelon Fit app.
- You can charge your devices effortlessly through the charging port.
- The media shelf keeps your mobile or tablet conveniently.
- Easy setup process.
- Keep your water jar or bottle nearby on the holder.
Reasons To Avoid
- Serious runners may dislike it due to low motor power.
- Less warranty.
- Weight Capacity – This exercise machine weighs 156 pounds when you assemble it completely. But, it can bear 300 pounds of weight which makes it work even for high-weight users who require a folding treadmill.
- Ultimate Space Saver – When the treadmill is folded, it is only 10 inches deep that can be discreetly stored in any size space.
- Incline Range – Echelon provides a maximum of 12% incline with this fitness equipment. The range is good for exercising in your glutes and hamstrings during training. Furthermore, you will get to use multiple speed options and a decent incline level that is beneficial in any workout session.
- Heart Rate Monitor – With the integrated handlebar pulse sensors, you can check your heart condition.
- Speed – This treadmill lets the consumers perform exercises with 12 miles per hour max speed.
- Mobility – The vertical and horizontal transport wheels allow users to move the treadmill from one place to another easily.
- USB Charging Port – This option lets you charge your smart devices while still on the treadmill doing your workouts.
- Drink Holder – You can keep drinking water near you while performing workouts to relieve yourself from thirst.
- Exercise Programs – Users will get access to eight preset workout programs. Further, they can subscribe to the Echelon Fit app for a variety of workouts.
- Tablet Holder – This treadmill lets users conveniently hold their mobile, tablet, or other small electronic gadgets.
If you take a measurement of this fitness machine, you will find the length to be 69 inches, width to be 31 inches, and height to be 49 inches. So, select a place at your home as per the dimensions of this treadmill to do your exercises.
This Stride workout equipment consists of a unique folding frame different from other treadmills. Moreover, the deck is stable while doing your workouts.
This treadmill contains a 1.75 continuous-duty horsepower motor. The rating is not sufficient for the advanced runners, but if you want to do jogging or walking, you will not find any difficulty achieving this feat. In addition, the durability of the motor will not be an issue. But another thing that might upset you about this workout equipment is the short warranty of 1 year only. Otherwise, it is an excellent machine for the walkers and joggers with making no noise while you use the stride.
The deck is one of the most crucial things in a treadmill. Plus, the lengthier and broader it is, the better. The Stride exercise machine arrives with a 55 inches long and 20 inches wide deck. The width is sufficient for doing exercises, but the larger runners may have a slight problem with the length. Overall, it is good to perform walking and jogging.
Echelon features auto-fold technology to make heart-pumping workouts more accessible than ever before to provide the users with optimal comfort. At the same time, like other treadmills, this one also has a deck suspension that helps use the treadmill safely. Echelon uses elastomer to provide cushioning between the treadmill belt and deck that helps absorb shock. As a result, you can walk or jog comfortably.
Suppose you want to relocate this home gym machine from your living room or hall to another room or maybe in the garage, then you will not need to lift it. Without muscle strain, you can simply use the built-in wheels and move the treadmill to your desired place.
Once the console and handlebars are locked into position, all you need is to step on the lever. Later on, just watch because the treadmill will take care of the rest.
Echelon has taken its treadmills to the ultimate level of safety. Unlike other treadmills, the safety features will amaze its users.
- This model meets the international safety standards UL 1647 and EN20957. Even though these aren’t easy to pass, Echelon has achieved the benchmarks.
- The treadmill contains a metal safety bar underneath its running deck that usually protects the objects from being pulled.
- Its “Safety Stop Lanyard” immediately slows down the treadmill before it gets completely turned off.
- Finally, the workout equipment folds flat in 3 quick steps for easy storage.
Echelon has produced its Stride treadmill with a total of 8 pre-programmed workouts. There will be 3 user programs, 1 BMI program, a manual mode, and others.
Echelon Premier Membership
You can enjoy a 90-day trial of this premier plan without any additional charges. This plan lets you access more than 3000 live and on-demand fitness classes; all of these are led by the world’s best instructors through the Echelon Fit app. Everyone from beginner to pro athletes can use this equipment with several classes ranging from 5 to 45 minutes. There are plenty of different types of exercises to choose from, like running, cycling, HIIT, kickboxing, yoga, pilates, and more. Echelon allows their membership up to five members so that your family and friends can enjoy the experience together.
- Device Holder – You will get a built-in smart device holder to easily keep your tablet, smartphone, and iPod while you perform your workouts.
- USB Chargeable Port – If suddenly, the battery of your mobile or tablet is going to die, there is no need to panic. Echelon has provided users with a USB port to connect their electronic gadgets through a USB cable for charging.
- Water Bottle Holder – Keep your bottle filled with water on the holder so that you do not need to stop your exercises and go to a distance to quench your thirst.
- Start / Stop (Pause) – If you want to pause a workout, hit the Stop to halt your exercises for up to 10 minutes. After that, the screen will automatically go to sleep mode. In addition, when you hit the Stop button, the speed and incline will systematically reset to “0”.
A high level of incline helps users to engage in a challenging exercise session, and they can perform their workouts with an ultimate grade of 12% incline with this treadmill. Additionally, if you walk on an inclined treadmill, you will burn more calories than walking on a flat road. Well, I’m providing you with a simple example. Climbing a hill is always more arduous than simply walking on a road – it is the case with an inclined fitness machine. However, different inclines allow people to select their workout intensity level as per their capability. As a result, users can prevent excessive injuries and ensure muscular balance.
If you are ready to buy a treadmill, you should always check some features well, and speed is one of them. This Echelon equipment lets the users choose their pace with a minimum of half a mile per hour to twelve miles per hour. The top rating is enough for jogging at high speed.
Heart Rate Monitoring
Both the handlebars have been built with pulse grips that let the users record their heartbeat rate. So check up on your heart condition whenever you are working out. Sometimes, many people do not know about their health and go on performing strenuous workouts that may make them collapse. So at the time of working out, always remember to observe your heartbeat status.
The Echelon Stride treadmill arrives almost assembled. But you will have to attach the smartphone holder, power cord, and a few other minor things. You will get an owner’s manual with the machine when the treadmill is delivered to your doorstep. Open the manual and read all the instructions carefully, where you will get an in-depth explanation of how to assemble the equipment. Follow every step according to the manufacturer’s manual and tighten all the required bolts. Once the treadmill is completely set up, enjoy working out at your convenient time.
What’s covered by the warranty?
Everybody cares for good warranty service from the brand itself. Users are insured with a 12 months time span if suddenly any part gets defective. Besides, the labor cost is also covered for one year. I know the warranty period is less, but Echelon provides something unique. Let me be straight. They provide a 100% money-back guarantee for the first 30 days if you are unsatisfied with the product. The minimum thing you will need to do is contact the customer care service of Echelon for any issues, and they will handle the rest.
Echelon has manufactured this fitness machine with a patented automatically folded design for easy storage and convenience. So, when you are not jogging, walking, or sprinting toward your fitness goals, activate the auto-fold feature and watch as the deck folds to just 10 inches tall. Moreover, the built-in device holder secures your mobile, tablet, etc., in place for access to a wide variety of live and on-demand running classes led by many world-class trainers.
You can choose from endurance, climbing, interval, scenic, and other categories of workouts from world-class instructors with an Echelon membership. Aside from that, you will have access to the Fitpass programs, such as yoga, strength, pilates, boxing, and others.
Overall, the specifications that this exercise machine offers for being an elementary treadmill is pretty good to achieve a healthy body. Last but not least, if you share a room with your friend, colleague, or someone else, the treadmill will be a great choice due to its compact space.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you use this machine without an Echelon membership?
Yes, even if you do not use a membership, this treadmill works fine. You will need to keep your tablet on the media shelf to use it as a display and operate another program if you want.
2. Is this Echelon home gym equipment suitable for runners?
It is good for walking, jogging, and running only for those users with short height. But, the larger users are not suitable to run due to short deck length.
3. What is the product weight when it is assembled?
It is 156 pounds.
- Nautilus T618 Treadmill
- NordicTrack T 7.5 S Treadmill
- NordicTrack T 9.5 S Treadmill
- Precor TRM 211 Treadmill
- Precor TRM 445 Treadmill
- Precor TRM 835 Commercial Treadmill
- Proform 505 CST Treadmill
- Sole Fitness F65 Folding Treadmill
- Sole S77 Treadmill
- Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
- Xterra TRX2500 Treadmill