Horizon Fitness Treadmill
Built For Runners Who Want: Best features with longer running deck and larger motor.
Amazon.com Price as of 2021-04-23
- Incline range of 0% to +12%.
- Max speed of 12mph.
- 60″ 3-Zone cushioned deck for comfortable footfalls.
- Backlit LCD Screen.
- Heart Rate Mointoring.
- Advanced Bluetooth connects to multiple devices to stream media.
- Quickly shift incline and speed with one-touch keys.
Are you looking for a budget-friendly treadmill that pairs seamlessly with your smart devices? This T202 is the best option for you at affordable prices. It is compact, robust, quiet in operation, and has 3-zone cushioning in the running surface to protect your joints and spine. With various high-tech features that aren’t generally found on low-budget treadmills, the Horizon T202 treadmill might sound like the best fit for the technology enthusiast.
With a max speed of 12 mph and 12% incline, it’ll provide plenty of challenges for beginners and returning to exercising after a long time. It is the perfect choice for those who prefer walking or light to moderate exercises and searching for a machine with a compact, folding design. Some of its unique features are onboard programs, Bluetooth speaker system, and a warranty.
Furthermore, it helps users of all abilities develop cardiovascular fitness and gain leg strength with a low impact. Its compact footprints keep it tidy even when open. Thus it is ideal for small homes and apartments. This writeup will help you decide if this is the best choice at affordable prices for your home workouts.
Horizon T202 Review: First Impressions
Amazon.com Price as of 2021-04-23
|Horizon T202 Treadmill Specifications|
|Top Speed||0.5 – 12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity||325 lbs|
|Display||Three LED Windows, Backlit LCD screen|
|Heart Rate||Pulse Grips|
|Belt Size||20″ x 60″|
|Footprints||75″ x 34″ x 58″|
|Warranty||Lifetime (Motor & Frame), 2 Yrs (Labor), 10 Yrs (other parts)|
Reasons To Buy
- Ideal for those with smaller fitness budgets.
- Multiple workout metrics on the screen keep track of your speed, distance, calories burned, etc.
- Smooth operating action even with a 2.75 CHP motor.
- User-friendly console with easy to use design and clearly labeled buttons.
- With light and compact design, easy to pack away after use, store, and transport.
- Pulse grips on horizontal grip bar transmit quick heart rate readings to LED.
- 3-Zone cushioning for low impact workouts that reduce joint and spine impact.
- 12mph top speed is plenty fast for casual runners and walkers.
- The tablet holder allows you to watch, read, or listen to your device during working out.
- Preset incline and speed buttons make it so you can quickly move between incline and speed levels.
Reasons To Avoid
- Not meant for serious running.
Horizon T202 Treadmill: Detailed Specifications
If you search for a better treadmill at a reasonable price, then this T202 treadmill is one of the best options in discount fitness machine. It provides a good combination of features and affordability. It gets customers an automatic 12% incline, a surround sound speaker system for their music, 12 built-in programs, and an advanced Target Center for a long-term fitness plan.
- Cushioning: The 3-zone variable response cushioning is pretty impressive for this affordable machine. It provides separate zones for impact, transition, and push-off. It has gentle cushioning in the deck that absorbs impact force when walking or jogging. On this running area, you can walk or jog without discomfort or pain.
- FeatherLight Folding: It folds up easily and locks in place when not in use. It has a hydraulic system to assist in folding and releasing the treadmill. The saved space, when not in use, can be a game-changer for apartments and small homes.
- User Weight Capacity: The user weight limit of 325 lbs is standard for home treadmills. It’s pretty good for this price range.
- Incline Range: This advanced version of Horizon T101 treadmill can go from 0% to 12% incline with 0.5% intervals. It is quiet, even while transitioning between different levels. Moreover, it offers lots of combinations you can use, so you don’t get bored walking on a flat road. You can set the speed at 5mph and do moderate 6% hill incline. Or set speed to a 3mph pace and work a hill at a 10% incline. This hill work builds muscle groups for balance conditioning.
- Display Metrics: Its display keeps track of your stats during a workout. It’ll log your speed, time, distance, heart rate, incline, and calories.
- EKG Grip Sensors on handlebars: It transmits your pulse rate right to the console display.
- Tablet Rack: A device ledge in the middle of the console is a perfect place to set a smartphone or tablet. You can listen to your favorite music, podcast, watch a show, or even read an ebook.
- Speakers: It features two built-in speakers that also comes with an aux cord so you can plug-in your device. These speakers are of decent quality. However, the sound quality declines, the higher you go in volume.
- USB Port: Its Rapid charge USB port keeps your smartphone fully powered during long workouts.
Compared with other budget treadmills, the T202 offers more preset programs, a stepper incline, better cushioning, and an improved standard warranty.
Frame: It steel beam supports a Medium Density Fiberboard deck constructed with multi-density foam for enhanced cushioning. Overall, this machine feels solid and doesn’t shake or wobble when walk or run. Its assembly is easy and takes less than two hours by one or two people to fully assembled.
Motor Size: It has a 2.75 continuous duty motor that is best suited for minimal-use joggers and walkers. The motor adjusts speed and inclines the deck smoothly, so there is no pause when in use.
With the 2.75 CHP motor, it works quietly, which makes this budget treadmill perfect for home use. Moreover, it has a low-profile motor hood that takes up less space than machines with large motors.
Deck Size: The deck is 20″ wide and 60″ long, which is pretty standard for this price tag. It allows for longer strides, making it suitable for taller users.
There is a 1.4mm silicone belt, and 46mm rollers move the belt along with nice textured walking surface and minimal noise.
The cushioning in the deck reduces joint impact is impressive for such an affordable price. Its 3 Zones include a Front Impact Zone, Centered Transition Zone, and Rear Push Off Zone. Moreover, gentle cushioning in an 18mm deck absorbs impact force when jogging or walking.
If you plan to do intense training with lots of running and intervals, Horizon fitness T202 may not be the option. For speed walking intermixed with jogging, this treadmill is well-designed and feels solid underfoot.
Cushioning: The T202 is mated to a 3-zone variable response cushion system. This shock-absorbing design element provides less cushion at the front of the deck, and the end of the deck as most users want a surface over here. This helps protect your joints from unnecessary stress during your workout. If you are thinking about using it to do workouts at home, it can become a good option for limited space.
There is a fan in the console beneath the screen and controls. It offers moderate airflow when jogging. Although it isn’t large, it is a nice option when you’re working out inside and need a light breeze.
A shelf centered in the console is great to set your device and book. This sturdy holder keeps the device safe even during hard runs. Also, it is wide enough to hold iPads or tablets securely.
The easy to reach EKG grips situated on the front horizontal bar. They will transmit your heart rate to the LCD for HR training.
Its Bluetooth connectivity syncs your phone to your treadmill’s integrated speaker to stream media with crisp stereo sound.
Preset Workouts Programs
The T202 includes 12 workout programs that help you reach your fitness goals and keep you motivated. Whether it be increasing muscle tone, weight loss, building a strong heart, or all the above, the T202’s onboard program options are enough to keep those at the start of fitness journey challenged. These workout programs are broken into different categories:
- Manual Programs: It enables you to select speed, time duration, and incline for your workout.
- Steps Programs: These steps programs range from 1000-10,000, letting you pick a pace and incline as you work toward your desired step goal.
- Calories Programs: You can select a calorie burn program from 100 to 600 calories. After choosing a calorie burn program, you can select a speed then press start. It is great for weight loss.
- Distance Programs: There are ten different distance programs on this treadmill: 1 mile, 2 mile, 5K, 5 miles, 8 miles, 10K, 10 miles, 15K, 20K, and half marathon.
- Interval Programs: It includes hills and speed interval programs. There are ten interval programs to choose the intensity range. Moreover, you can adjust the pace and incline mid-program if you find a program too challenging.
Moreover, it is compatible with various fitness apps including Record by Under Armour, AFG Connected Fitness (free app), and My Fitness Pal.
It features an LCD screen with large digital numbers that easily readable. It isn’t the fanciest one, but if you’re looking for a simple, low-tech screen that won’t distract as you run, this fitness equipment will be fine.
The display metrics include incline, calories, heart rate, distance, pace, and time. Speed, incline, and pulse rate numbers vary depending on your activity, but distance, time, and calories are cumulative.
- The console layout is easy to see and navigate.
- Large buttons on the side of the display have a number for every speed option & incline. This feature is handy when you want to jump from one level to another quickly.
- There are arrow buttons so you can adjust the speed or incline when needed as well.
Its 12 built-in programs include time, distance and calorie goal programs and manual, interval and weight loss workouts. Also, it has an advanced target centre. This allows you to exercise for 31 days at a time and focus on long-term fitness goals.
It features a motorized, automatic incline system. The rear part of base lifts up as incline is increased, the base resting on the front caster wheels. Its maximum incline isn’t extreme as in other commercial treadmills.
At 0% incline, the running surface provides you an elevation of 8″, and slope also adds a couple more inches. To determine the required ceiling height for safely using this machine, you should add a couple more inches.
The T202 is easy to assemble and can be ready to operate in 30 minutes. Its assembly is straightforward and has no problem. Opening the box, you will get an instruction manual that has only five steps in the assembly instructions, and each step is well organized and clearly displayed. It includes all the necessary wrenches, but you must purchase the Phillip head screwdriver yourself.
What’s covered by the warranty?
Residential Warranty: 10 years parts, Lifetime on frame and motor and 2 years in-home labor.
Commercial Warranty: 5 years motor and frame, 5 years parts, and 1-year in-home labor.
This T202 is the best option available in the market at a reasonable price. If this is the treadmill you were looking for, then you should not delay buying it. It is a quiet treadmill designed with compact and sturdy parts that work for comfort. Despite being on a low budget, this treadmill stands out with various high-tech features. You probably have nothing to consider so far, yet if you want to get any more information related to the product, comment below. We will try to answer your questions in an easy way.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to lubricate the belt?
If you have the treadmill plugged in, first unplug it for safety. Loosen two bolts on the back of the belt. Make sure you loosen each side evenly. Obtain liquid silicone grease and apply 3 to 4 stripes along the width of the platform. Place the belt down and tick under the railing.
2. Is this T202 a folding treadmill?
Yes, it works with the FeatherLight folding lift system for easy storage.
3. Does the treadmill allow you to increase your weight?
No, you can track calories only or schedule a targeted workout based on calories.