Are you looking for a budget-friendly treadmill that pairs seamlessly with your smart devices? This Horizon T202 is the best option for you at affordable prices. It is compact, robust, quiet in operation, and has 3-zone cushioning in the deck to protect your joints and spine. With various high-tech features that aren’t generally found on low-budget treadmills, the Horizon T202 treadmill might sound like the best fit for the technology enthusiast.
With a max speed of 12 mph and 12% incline, it’ll provide plenty of challenges for beginners and returning to exercising after a long time. It is the perfect choice for those who prefer walking or light to moderate exercises and searching for a machine with a compact, folding design. Some of its unique features are onboard programs, Bluetooth speaker system, and a warranty.
Furthermore, it helps users of all abilities develop cardiovascular fitness and gain leg strength with a low impact. Its compact footprints keep it tidy even when open. Thus it is ideal for small homes and apartments. This review will help you decide if this is the best choice at affordable prices for your home workouts.
Horizon T202 Treadmill Review: First Impressions
|Motor: 2.75 CHP||Incline: +12%|
|Max Weight: 325 lbs||Speed: 0.5-12 MPH|
|Folded: 47″ x 34″ x 65″||Footprints: 75″ x 34″ x 58″|
|Programs: 12||Treadbelt: 20″ X 60″|
|Belt: 1.4mm silicone||Display: Three LED Windows, Backlit LCD screen|
What We Like
- It ideal treadmill for those with smaller fitness budgets.
- Multiple workout metrics on the screen keep track of your speed, distance, calories burned, etc.
- Smooth operating action even with a 2.75 CHP motor.
- User-friendly console with easy to use design and clearly labeled buttons.
- With light and compact design, easy to pack away after use, store, and transport.
- Pulse grips on horizontal grip bar transmit quick heart rate readings to LED.
- 3-Zone cushioning for low impact workouts that reduce joint and spine impact.
- 12mph top speed is plenty fast for casual runners and walkers.
- The tablet holder allows you to watch, read, or listen to your device during working out.
- Preset incline and speed buttons make it so you can quickly move between incline and speed levels.
What We Didn’t Like
- It isn’t meant for serious running.
- Cushioning: The 3-zone variable response cushioning is pretty impressive for this affordable machine. It provides separate zones for impact, transition, and push-off. It has gentle cushioning in the deck that absorbs impact force when walking or jogging. On this running area, you can walk or jog without discomfort or pain.
- FeatherLight Folding: It folds up easily and locks in place when not in use. It has a hydraulic system to assist in folding and releasing the treadmill. The saved space, when not in use, can be a game-changer for apartments and small homes.
- User Weight Capacity: The weight limit of 325 lbs is standard for home treadmills. It’s pretty good for this price range.
- Incline Range: This treadmill can go from 0% to 12% incline with 0.5% intervals. It is quiet, even while transitioning between different levels. Moreover, it offers lots of combinations you can use, so you don’t get bored walking on a flat road. You can set the speed at 5mph and do moderate 6% hill incline. Or set speed to a 3mph pace and work a hill at a 10% incline. This hill work builds muscle groups for balance conditioning.
- Display Metrics: Its display keeps track of your stats during a workout. It’ll log your speed, time, distance, heart rate, incline, and calories.
- EKG Grip Sensors on handlebars: It transmits your pulse rate right to the console display.
- Tablet Rack: A device ledge in the middle of the console is a perfect place to set a smartphone or tablet. You can listen to your favorite music, podcast, watch a show, or even read an ebook.
- Speakers: It features two built-in speakers that also comes with an aux cord so you can plug-in your device. These speakers are of decent quality. However, the sound quality declines, the higher you go in volume.
- USB Port: Its Rapid charge USB port keeps your smartphone fully powered during long workouts.
Frame: It steel beam supports a Medium Density Fiberboard deck constructed with multi-density foam for enhanced cushioning. Overall, this machine feels solid and doesn’t shake or wobble when walk or run. Its assembly is easy and takes less than two hours by one or two people to fully assembled.
The deck is 20″ wide and 60″ long, which is pretty standard for this price tag. It allows for longer strides, making it suitable for taller users.
There is a 1.4mm silicone belt, and 46mm rollers move the belt along with nice textured walking surface and minimal noise.
The cushioning in the deck reduces joint impact is impressive for such an affordable price. Its 3 Zones include a Front Impact Zone, Centered Transition Zone, and Rear Push Off Zone. Moreover, gentle cushioning in an 18mm deck absorbs impact force when jogging or walking.
If you plan to do intense training with lots of running and intervals, Horizon fitness T202 may not be the option. For speed walking intermixed with jogging, this treadmill is well-designed and feels solid underfoot.
It has a 2.75 continuous duty motor that is best suited for minimal-use joggers and walkers. The motor adjusts speed and inclines the deck smoothly, so there is no pause when in use.
With the 2.75 CHP motor, it works quietly, which makes this treadmill perfect for home use. Moreover, it has a low-profile motor hood that takes up less space than machines with large motors.
Preset Workouts Programs
The T202 includes 12 workout programs that help you reach your fitness goals and keep you motivated. Whether it be increasing muscle tone, weight loss, building a strong heart, or all the above, the T202’s onboard program options are enough to keep those at the start of fitness journey challenged. These programs are broken into different categories:
- Manual Programs: It enables you to select speed, time duration, and incline for your workout.
Steps Programs: These steps programs range from 1000-10,000, letting you pick a pace and incline as you work toward your desired step goal.
- Calories Programs: You can select a calorie burn program from 100 to 600 calories. After choosing a calorie burn program, you can select a speed/incline then press start. It is great for weight loss.
- Distance Programs: There are ten different distance programs on this treadmill: 1 mile, 2 mile, 5K, 5 miles, 8 miles, 10K, 10 miles, 15K, 20K, and half marathon.
- Interval Programs: It includes hills and speed interval programs. There are ten interval programs to choose the intensity range. Moreover, you can adjust the pace and incline mid-program if you find a program too challenging.
Moreover, it is compatible with various fitness apps including Record by Under Armour, AFG Connected Fitness (free app), and My Fitness Pal.
It features an LCD screen with large digital numbers that easily readable. It isn’t the fanciest one, but if you’re looking for a simple, low-tech screen that won’t distract as you run, this fitness equipment will be fine.
The display metrics include incline, calories, heart rate, distance, pace, and time. Speed, incline, and pulse rate numbers vary depending on your activity, but distance, time, and calories are cumulative.
- The console layout is easy to see and navigate
- Large buttons on the side of the display have a number for every speed & incline. This feature is handy when you want to jump from one level to another quickly.
- There are arrow buttons so you can adjust the speed and incline when needed as well.
There is a fan in the console beneath the screen and controls. It offers moderate airflow when jogging. Although it isn’t large, it is a nice option when you’re working out inside and need a light breeze.
A shelf centered in the console is great to set your device and book. This sturdy holder keeps the device safe even during hard runs. Also, it is wide enough to hold iPads or tablets securely.
The easy to reach EKG grips situated on the front horizontal bar. They will transmit your heart rate to the LCD for HR training.
Its Bluetooth connectivity syncs your phone to your treadmill’s integrated speaker to stream media with crisp stereo sound.
It is an excellent treadmill that does exactly what it is designed to do. It provides a cushioned surface for walking and jogging. Furthermore, the incline adds variability to the user’s routine. The functionality is streamlined from console to running surface so that all motion feels fluid.
You can go from 0.5 mph to 12 mph that is a good speed range for a treadmill. You can increase speed whole miles per hour by using the main console buttons or by increments with the up/down arrows.
The front of the deck will pivot upwards, reaching 12% that mimics working on a hill. It affects additional muscle groups by engaging the following chain, so you get more of a workout in the hamstrings and glutes. Each incline has a preset button so you can quickly move between different settings.
Its highest operating level of 12 mph; thus, this treadmill doesn’t rise above 73 dB. The jogging speed for many people is 5mph, so users will be happy to see the T202 runs at a quiet 59 dB at this speed.
Treadmill running at (baseline room noise of 48 dB):
- 10 MPH, w/fans: 73 dB
- 5 MPH, w/fans: 59 dB
- 1 MPH, w/fans: 51 dB
- Noise output from button sounds: Relies on volume level
Horizon T202 is easiest to assemble. It takes 30 minutes to one hour to be assembled. The instructions are well-written instructions for each step and large images to follow along with.
What’s covered by the warranty?
Horizon Fitness is one of those companies that offer a lifetime warranty. This reflects the quality construction of the T202 Treadmill. The warranty adds value to your purchase.
- Frame and motor: Lifetime
- Parts and Labor: 1 year
The Horizon T202 is suitable for trainees at the start of their fitness journey or those who prefer moderate workouts. It is the best-selling treadmill for walkers. Another great feature is its energy saver mode. If you leave the T202 treadmill plugged in after finish a workout, the energy saver mode will keep it from becoming an energy drain.
It has a simple interface for users who aren’t interested in the latest technology while offering program variations. Overall, T202 is a smart buy. If you’re searching for a reliable treadmill and are working with a tight budget, it’s going to be hard to find a treadmill.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Much Does The Horizon T202 Weigh?
It weighs 187 pounds and has a maximum user weight limit of 325 pounds.
2. How Do I Reset My Horizon Treadmill?
Press and hold the stop/pause for at least 5 seconds to reset the treadmill. When you should hear beeps, that means the treadmill has been reset.
3. What Can I Use To Lubricate A Treadmill?
Silicone spray is the easiest to handle for beginners as it doesn’t make too much mess. You can also use a wax stick, but make sure the treadmill deck is warm before beginning the lubrication process.