Life Fitness T5 Treadmill
Built For Runners Who Want: a compact designed treadmill with a mighty motor and power-saving feature.
- 60″ x 22″ (L x W) running area.
- 12 pre-programmed workouts.
- Top speed of 12 mph.
- Incline range of 0-15%.
- 3 HP DC motor.
- Space-saving design.
If you have been hunting for a treadmill for a long time with a high-rated motor, incline, speed, and sturdy frame, then it is the exact place where you will get it. Today we will analyze the Life Fitness T5 Treadmill (Go Console). Basically, it has two consoles – One is the “Go console,” and another is the “Track Connect Console.”
The all-new T5 treadmill with Go Console is ideal for the serious runner. Even if you desire to run on the streets, perform your workouts outside on a track, or have the peaceful feel of running on grass, the FlexDeck Select adjusts to provide you with the actual feeling. At the same time, its 60″ long by 20″ wide deck assists any user in running, jogging, or walking with peace of mind.
Furthermore, other features, such as a device holder, quick-start buttons, drink holder, energy-saving mode when you’re not using it, etc., make this Life Fitness treadmill worthwhile to reach your fitness goals.
Life Fitness T5 Treadmill Review: First Impressions
|Life Fitness T5 Treadmill Specifications|
|Motor||3.0 CHP (6.0 CHP peak)|
|Incline Range||0 – 15%|
|Running Deck||60″ x 22″ (L x W)|
|Max Speed||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity||400 lbs|
|Preset Workout Programs||12|
|Item Weight||341 lbs|
|Footprints||79.5″ x 32″ x 61″ (L x W x H)|
|Warranty||Lifetime (Frame and LifeSpring shock absorber), 10 Years (Motor), 7 Years (Parts), 3 Years (Console, except 3V batteries), 1 Year (Labor)|
Reasons To Buy
- Excellent warranty.
- Shock absorption technology.
- Supports up to 400 pounds of weight.
- Keep your smart devices handy on the tablet/mobile holder.
- The cup holder lets you keep your favorite beverages or water handy.
- Reduces power consumption up to 90% when you are not using it, but leave it plugged in.
Reasons To Avoid
- Expensive cost.
- No foldability.
Life Fitness T5 Treadmill: Detailed Specifications
- Display – You will get to watch your total fitness journey on the beautifully designed and eye-catching blue LCD screen.
- Preset Programs – Users will get access to a total of 12 pre-programmed exercises to avoid doing the same workouts daily.
- Motor – This Life Fitness treadmill comes with a 3 CHP motor that is sufficient for walking, jogging, and running for all the members of your family.
- Incline – You will get to choose your preferred incline up to 15 levels in this T5 Go home gym equipment.
- Tread Belt – You will get ultimate freedom of movement with the 22″ wide and 60″ long belt. It is sufficient even if your height is more than 6 inches.
- Quick Start – It remembers your preferred walk, jog and run speeds, as well as three different incline positions.
- Bottle Holder – This machine comes with dishwasher-safe & removable water bottle holders. So, if you get thirsty while working out, you can easily gulp water.
- Integrated Accessory Tray – Keep your tablet, mobile, or other smart devices on the media shelf to enjoy watching your beloved TV series or listening to music while jogging or running on the treadmill.
Before ordering this Life Fitness treadmill, take a precise measurement of the space where you want to keep it. This exercise machine does not take up much space in your apartment. It arrives with a 79.5 inches length, 32 inches width, and 61 inches height. After setting it up ultimately, the weight will be 341 pounds.
This Life Fitness Go treadmill is constructed with a heavy-duty material that can easily bear 400 pounds of weight capacity. So, even if you have someone with a heavyweight in your family, worry not – this Life Fitness treadmill is designed to withstand such higher-weighted persons.
The power of the motor is the most crucial specification in a treadmill. Whenever you want to purchase a treadmill, check the motor power first and then check the other features one by one. This T5 Go workout machine contains a 3 Horsepower DC motor with a MagnaDrive motor controller. Even though the motor has a 3 CHP rating, it can reach up to 6 HP at top performance but is unable to maintain that level of performance. Nevertheless, 3 CHP is enough even for the advanced runners.
The longer it is, the better it will be for a tall user. Generally, a 55 inches long belt is enough for the average consumer. But the brand has taken one step ahead and provided a longer deck for the taller users. This T5 Go treadmill comes with a 60-inch long and 22-inch wide deck to provide a phenomenal exercise experience.
Shock Absorbing Mechanism
Life Fitness includes their patented FlexDeck Select Shock Absorption System in this equipment that allows users to adjust deck firmness settings to provide the same feeling of running on grass, track, or pavement.
The T5 Go treadmill is built with two cup holders. Keep either water or your other preferable drinks handy in those cups, and quench your thirst whenever you are exhausted during a strenuous workout session.
Preset Workout Programs
The Go console incorporates the use of various workout programs to keep you engaged and motivated while doing exercises. You will get a total of 12 programs that you can use for performing your workouts. Further, it includes 2 custom workouts that are defined by the users, and the machine saves up to two user profiles.
- LCD – The Go console is not as advanced as the Track Connect console. However, you can view every exercise statistic on the blue backlit LCD. Plus, there are a few buttons on it to assist the users in navigating various functions of the treadmill.
- Integrated Tablet Holder – When someone does their exercises, it is quite common to see that they get bored. That’s why Life Fitness has provided its users with a smartphone holder where they can keep their electronic gadgets pretty conveniently. So, listen to your favorite music or watch web shows while doing workouts to get rid of boredom.
- Quick Start – It is a certain thing that most people jog and run at their preferred speed. But sometimes, they forget their daily workout speed. That’s why this Life Fitness treadmill is built in a way that it can remember your walking, jogging, and running pace, as well as 3 different incline settings. The other benefit of having quick-start buttons is that you can directly jump to your previously used speed and incline without scrolling all the buttons.
Whether you want to walk, jog, and run, this Life Fitness treadmill is good for you. Its power-saving feature is one of the best technologies found in any home gym equipment. Also, the speed is pretty good for running at your home comfortably.
The incline is another essential feature of a treadmill. The purpose of performing exercises is to burn the excess fat from our body to stay in a healthy shape. If you run on a flat surface, the calorie you will burn is approximately 3-5 times lower than doing the same on an inclined surface. So, select your preferred incline from 0-15 levels offered in this Life Fitness treadmill, and you will get a healthy body shape.
Speed is termed as one of the most important features of a treadmill. The higher the rating, the more powerful running you can do. Anyway, this fitness equipment works with a minimum speed of 0.5 miles per hour (0.8 kilometers per hour) and can go all the way up to 12 mph (19 kph). Increase or decrease your pace depending on your requirement. So if you are a walker or jogger, keep the speed at a lower rating, but if you want to do running, keep it at a higher pace.
Energy Saver Technology
It is a foolish job to pay for something that you do not use. Unlike most other treadmills, this model has an efficient energy saving mode that generally reduces energy use up to 90%. Actually, the T5 treadmill only runs when you are using it, but the rest of the time, it minimizes the energy use even if it is plugged in. Moreover, it will consume power as per your body weight. So, if you are a lightweight person, your power consumption will be lesser than a heavyweight person.
After you get the delivery, your first job will be to make sure everything is in its intact place. Then pick up the manufacturer’s manual and read it effectively. The manual contains every bit of information on how to set up the equipment. Moreover, my advice for you is that before you start assembling the treadmill, call one or two of your family members, friends, or even neighbors if you are comfortable with them. As the machine is quite heavy, you will need assistance. Once every item is placed in its exact place, tighten all the nuts carefully. At last, after the treadmill is assembled completely, you can use it with your loved ones.
What’s covered by the warranty?
Getting a great warranty is a dream for every fitness lover. It ensures you additional safety. Life Fitness provides a lifetime warranty on this Life Fitness treadmill’s frame and shock absorbers. In addition, if your motor gets defective within 10 years, any part within 7 years, the console within 3 years (excluding 3V batteries), these will be repaired or replaced if needed. And, for the first year, the labor cost will not be charged from you.
After the end of these mentioned timelines, you will be charged according to the market cost if your treadmill gets defective. Last but not least, the warranty begins from the date of purchase and is only applicable to the manufacturing defects as well as the craftsmanship.
- Frame – Lifetime.
- Shock Absorber – Lifetime.
- Motor – 10 years.
- Parts – 7 years.
- Console – 3 years (except 3V batteries).
- Labor – 1 year.
With just a touch of buttons, you can choose your suitable speed and incline settings in the T5 treadmill. Aside from that, it features adjustable running terrains and personalized exercise programs, allowing you to train your body in your preferred way.
If you are getting bored during exercising, you can watch your favorite shows or even listen to music on your mobile or tablet that you can keep on the media tray. Above all, the heavy-duty frame supports every member of your family, up to 400 pounds.
In conclusion, I want to say that its power-packed cushioning technology, 15 incline levels, 12 mph top speed, 3 CHP motor (peak 6 CHP), and other convenient features make this a great treadmill for working out. But, I’m not too fond of its much higher price. Well, it varies from brand to brand. In case you want more advanced key features at a lower price, you can check our other reviews on treadmills, i.e., Sole S77 Treadmill and Sole F85 Folding Treadmill.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to change the firmness of the flex deck?
There is a lever under the right side of the treadmill that you can move back and forth – this way, you can change the firmness.
2. What is MagnaDrive and its use in a treadmill motor?
The MagnaDrive controller basically eliminates the friction between the motor and load through a gap of air. This air gap further increases the motor’s life expectancy and protects the treadmill from overload damage by eradicating the harmful vibration as well as the wear and tear.
3. Does this Life Fitness exercise equipment fold?
No, it doesn’t fold. But it will not take much space at your home.
- Nautilus T618 Treadmill
- NordicTrack T 7.5 S Treadmill
- NordicTrack T 9.5 S Treadmill
- Precor TRM 211 Treadmill
- Precor TRM 445 Treadmill
- Precor TRM 835 Commercial Treadmill
- Proform 505 CST Treadmill
- Sole Fitness F65 Folding Treadmill
- Sole S77 Treadmill
- Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
- Xterra TRX2500 Treadmill