T616 is the high-end folding treadmill and ideal for walking, jogging, and running for weight loss or cardio workouts. It has a strong and powerful motor that can reach a maximum speed of up to 12 mph.
Moreover, it has an incline of up to 15% offered challenging and tougher workout to its users.
There is a SoftDrop technology that allows the deck to fold after the use for the convenience of smaller storing space. Nautilus T616 Treadmill also offers preloaded interactive programs that make this machine effective for your fitness goals.
You also get a tablet holder and port so that you can attach your phone and watch the videos as you run.
Nautilus T616 Treadmill Review: First Impressions
|Motor: 3.0 CHP||Incline: 0 to 15%|
|Weight Capacity: 300 lbs||Top Speed: 12 MPH|
|Footprint: 57.6″ x 35.2″ x 72.2″||Belt Size: 22″ x 60″|
|Display: 22″ HD Touchscreen||Foldable: SoftDrop|
|Preset programs: 26||Profiles: 4|
What We Like
- StrikeZone Cushioning system which allows for the treadmill to be easily moved and stored.
- 2.5″ large crowned rollers for smooth working.
- Media Shelf for holding smartphone/tablet.
- Speed from 0.5-12 mph with a 3.0 CHP motor.
- Solid and spacious deck with foldable design
- 26 in-built workout apps
- Compatible with RunSocial “mixed reality” training.
- Built-in Speakers and 3-speed cooling Workout Fan.
- Bluetooth Connectivity.
What We Didn’t Like
- Weight capacity for this model is bit low.
- Cushioning: It is an upgrade over other Nautilus models. It softens landing at the front of the deck and propels kick-off at the back of the stride to minimize impact while giving you more energy in your next step.
- Incline and Speed Controls: There are incline and speed on the side handrails on this treadmill. Moreover, you can make quick changes on the fly without having to reach up to the console to do it – that can throw off stride.
- Goal Tracking: It comes with Bluetooth Connectivity and also you can track your workout over time, set new calorie, time, and fitness goal for some fitness motivation.
- Bluetooth: It is a tech-friendly treadmill and comes with Bluetooth technology that enables the users to connect to various smart devices to transfers workout data and monitor the training through the Nautilus Fitness Apps and other apps.
- Motor: It has the most powerful 3.0 CHP motor that provides a maximum speed of up to 12 mph. It supports the track’s incline to a maximum of 15 degrees angle. Moreover, its incline levels offer more challenges and give outdoor exercise an impact on the comfort of the indoor.
- Console: It has a great console that is loaded with user-friendly conveniences. It has quick controls to adjust the speed or incline during the training. Also, it has in-built speakers to facilitate users to enjoy favorite music.
Frame and Deck
This T616 treadmill is built on a sturdy steel frame, coated with a corrosion-resistant and scratch-resistant, industrial-grade finish. Its main color used for the frame finish is black, as opposed to gray used for the previous version.
Its several hard parts are built with PVC, such as covers of the rear feet, motor cover, rear roller covers, side rails, and the accessory tray.
It is a large fitness machine and measures 20″ x 60″ of running surface. It requires at least two feet of clearance on each side and at the least three feet of clearance at the rear for safe operation. The deck integrates a fold-up mechanism and is equipped with a hydraulic lift that locks it in an upright position. It offers soft-drop unfolding.
It weighs approx 215 pounds when fully assembled. Therefore, transport and assembly require at least two people. On the other hand, all this weight controls plays an important role in its overall stability. Its front metallic base is equipped with four adjustable, rubberized stabilizers that give you the possibility to perfectly level it on any type of flooring.
The running platform is equipped with a more durable belt than the T616 model. It features a 2-ply, 2.0mm, light commercial Trye belt.
Its belt rolls over large, 2.75 rollers, designed to prolong its lifespan and to maximize stability. They integrate heavy-duty, sealed ball bearings for smooth operation.
It is equipped with a 3.0 CHP, heavy-duty motor. It is a continuous-duty motor, made to resist prolonged workouts at maximum speed without overheating or losing performance, even if the user is close to the maximum weight limit.
It offers a speed range between 0.5 mph and 12 mph. You can adjust the speed exclusively from the console. Also, you can find gradual and quick adjustment keys for speed. It comes with a standard U.S 3-prolong plug, not an adapter. It needs a 120V and 15A power circuit.
Preset Workouts Programs
The Nautilus T616 supports four user profiles. It offers more accurate feedback and the ability to track workout activity long term.
It holds 26 standard training programs and also has a shelf for tablet or smartphone that can be used as a display for RunSocial programming.
Standard Programs: It automates the tread belt’s speed and inclines to support efficient progress toward goals for weight management, endurance, and interval training. Calories burned, Heart rate, chest strap, and other program data are shown in two wide windows with soft backlighting for easy reading.
RunSocial Programs: It can be accessed with an iPhone or iPad. It is called a “mixed reality” platform as it combines user’s avatars with an interactive video of real-life routes.
When you exercise on the treadmill, your avatar moves through scenic video at the same pace. Also, it lets you select from a walk or run in Tibet, a hike through the Scottish Highlands, and much more.
You can download a sample of any video and the visual stream by at your workout pace, and ambient audio can be included. It also tracks your performance stats. If you want, you can plan a virtual run with friends and family. Also, you can share a route with RunSocial users from around the world.
The console on this T616 treadmill is bright and easy to read. It is equipped with a multi-function console and features two LCDs with blue backlight.
- There is a pacer feature above the top display that allows you to train on a set program and distance.
- Multiple windows show a constant display of your workout metrics.
- On the top, the smaller display indicates the goal of the workout, fitness score, and placement in relation to the pacer.
- At the bottom, the larger display covers a lot more info, including time, distance, heart rate, laps, calories, speed, program profiles, incline, pace.
- The distance can be tracked in kilometers and miles while speed calculates in MPH or km/h.
- There is a media shelf that you can use above the console windows to store your phone or tablet. You can watch Netflix or YouTube videos or surf the net as you run.
- You can also charge your tablet or smartphone with the USB charging port in the console.
Its console is telemetric that can track your pulse via the wireless HR chest strap. You can also monitor your pulse by holding on to the sensors integrated into the handlebars of the machine.
- Its Quick Goal program allows you to set up an exercise goal for distance, time, and calories work towards the goal.
- Heart Health program provides four preset target heart rates for 55%, 65%, 75%, and 85%.
- It offers a Train program with six more programs, including Endurance, Boot Camp, Performance, 5K
- Pacer, 1 Mile Pacer, and 10K Pacer.
- Interval program offers 3-preset workouts: Interval-
- Speed, Interval-Incline, and Interval-Dual.
- Its custom program offers four customizable programs for incline, speed, heart rate.
It lets you store and use four user profiles. This each profile records the workout results so that you can review later. It can store data regarding age, height, weight, gender, name workout values.
Moreover, it can determine your calorie-burning percentage much accurately.
It offers several features such as a media tray, a sound system, and a cooling fan all integrated into the console. There is a media tray above the large LCD display.
Its sound system is compatible with most MP3 players, mobiles, and tablets consisting of two speakers. However, its workout fan isn’t large, even though it provides some cooling and features three-speed settings.
It comes with StrikeZone Cushioning that reduce the impact on joints post the workout and soften your landing and propel your kick-off. It contains 6 hexagonal suspension cell on each side. It offers a smoother running experience. Moreover, it is the best cushioning offered by Nautilus in its residential treadmill series.
It comes with an automatic incline system and offers a ramp between 0% and 15%. It is perfect for high-intensity interval workouts.
There is a motor, and a lift, situated at the front of the deck. Since its incline system is motorized, the ramp of the deck can be adjusted if the machine is connected to a power circuit.
You can also adjust the incline from the control unit or from the keys integrated into the left handlebar. It adjusts in increments of 1%, and there are console feature keys for the quick selection of the 0%, 2%, 5%, 8%, 10%, 13% and 15% positions.
The deck’s running platform is approx 9 inches above floor level. In other words, the treadmill’s step-up height 9″. Its space remaining between the deck and floor is 4.5″. Make sure that the ceiling in the room where you will be using the machine is at least 15″ taller than your own height.
Its deck comes fully assembled and attached to a metallic frame. You just have to connect the accessory tray, console masts, and the connecting wires. It shouldn’t take more than 45 minutes to assemble.
All the required tools are included, and the manual provides clear, step-by-step instructions for it.
What’s covered by the warranty?
It provides the industry-leading warranty on electronics and parts as well as labor.
- Frame and Motor – 10 Year
- Parts and Electronics – 2 year
- Labor – 1 Year
If you are looking for a runner-friendly treadmill, this T616 is one of your best options. It has a light commercial built and a spacious running path, which is great for experienced runners or multi-user home gyms.
It has a reasonable price and competes with other advanced models available in the market. It has a well-cushioned deck and console with the option to integrate mixed training. The machine is reliable and offers great features. You can safely keep a tablet and can connect it with a treadmill via Bluetooth.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the user weight capacity of the T616 Treadmill?
The T616 treadmill’s runner weight limit is 300 pounds.
2. Does this T616 Treadmill fold?
Yes, you can fold up this treadmill after each workout using Soft-Drop Folding technology and maximize storage space.