Nautilus T618 Treadmill
Built For Runners Who Want: a sturdy and high weight capacity folding treadmill.
Amazon.com Price as of 2021-04-22
- Max speed of 12mph.
- 26 customized training programs.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- Chest strap for pulse monitoring.
- Automated incline up to 15%.
- Water bottle holder and towel rack.
- Treadmill Best For Walkers, Joggers, Runners.
It is a top grade, heavy-duty machine. It is best suited for walking, jogging, and running for cardio workouts or weight loss and multi-user home gyms.
It offers an integrated heart monitor program that will enable you to keep your heart rate constant as it adjusts the speed and incline for you.
This T618 has a strong motor, advanced cushioning, Bluetooth data syncing, and compatibility with RunSocial. By syncing the RunSocial app, you can access 19 different locations, 27 routes, and virtual running alongside people around the world.
This Nautilus T618 Treadmill is excellent and allows the user to achieve their fitness goals through running, jogging, and walking.
Nautilus T618 Treadmill Review: First Impressions
Amazon.com Price as of 2021-04-22
|Nautilus T618 Treadmill Specifications|
|Incline / Decline||0 – 15%|
|Running Area||20″ x 60″|
|Top Speed||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity||350 lbs|
|Footprints||72.5″ x 35.25″ x 57.75″|
|Heart Rate||Wireless chest strap|
|Warranty||15 yrs (Frame and Motor), Electronics 5 Years, labor 2 years|
Reasons To Buy
- Quick touch speed.
- Folding Frame.
- Handlebar speed.
- Great warranty.
- USB Charging Port.
- Powerful motor.
- Integrated towel and accessory bar.
- 2.75″ belt rollers for quiet operation.
- Media shelf securely holds a phone or tablet.
Reasons To Avoid
- No high- resolution display.
Nautilus T618 Treadmill: Detailed Specifications
The T618 is a great quality treadmill with many excellent features. It is fully loaded with dozens of training programs, Bluetooth connectivity and fitness apps based tracking tools that help maximize motivation and power up performance.
- Folding Design: Its folding deck helps the users to save storage space after each day’s performance. This treadmill uses SoftDrop Folding System to let the deck fold upward after use.
- Cushioning: It reduces the impact on joints post the workout and offers a smoother running experience. It comes with Rebound deck cushioning technology that is the best cushioning offered by Nautilus.
- High-grade Belt System: The track surface measures 20″ wide and 60″ long. Its belt rotates over 2.75″ diameter rollers that are larger than those typical home treadmill.
- Display: It features a dual-mode blue backlit LCD for showing the workout in progress by displaying the data such as speed, incline, calories, and time duration.
- Bluetooth: It is a tech-friendly machine. Its Bluetooth technology allows users to connect to various smart devices to transfer their workout data.
- Incline Range: This treadmill can incline up to 15 degrees that make exercise sessions more challenging. It allows the user to have endurance training.
- Safety Mode: For safety, you can use the treadmill’s lanyard and retractable cord that’ll stop the belt if you lose balance. It also has a “Stop” button.
- Preset Programs: It comes with 26 workout programs, each with an emphasis on cardiovascular endurance and interval. Moreover, you can experience RunSocial workouts with immersive streaming visuals and Nautilus trainer.
- Media Holder: Its media shelf can hold table computer running apps for training guidance, entertainment, or multitasking during a workout.
It is an affordable treadmill for runners and walkers. It offers excellent variety with different built-in programs and the options to integrate RunSocial. It is designed to help serious runners unleash their potential.
It has a solid deck with a 20″ x 60″ spacious running surface. Nautilus designed it with a light commercial and durable 3-ply belt that has 2.5mm thickness.
There are large 2.75″ crowned rollers that give more stability to the belt. It also increases the lifespan of the treadmill. Thus it is a great option for runners or multiple user families who want a solid, sturdy treadmill that can take more use. It also features a PVC crossbar tray that attaches to the console masts of the machine.
Frame and Deck
This T618 treadmill is built on a sturdy steel frame. It is coated with a corrosion-resistant and scratch-resistant industrial-grade finish. Its frame has a black finish.
The treadmill’s construction integrates several hard PVC parts, like the rear feet, rear roller covers, motor cover, side rails, and the accessory tray.
It is equipped with 3.5 CHP, heavy-duty motor. It is built to withstand prolonged workouts at maximum speed without losing performance or overheating.
Furthermore, it comes with a small flywheel that adds stability to the belt motion. It provides a speed range between 0.5 mph to 12 mph. You can adjust the speed from the console.
The machine has a standard U.S 3-prong plug and requires a 120V 15A power circuit. Use a surge protector to prevent any damage to the motor or console.
Nautilus is a budget-friendly brand with a pretty lean line up. It will make your running experience more natural and effective. You don’t hurt your body parts while running on this treadmill.
The cushioning is an upgrade over other Nautilus treadmill models. This most advanced deck provides a softer landing to reduce the impact on knees and joints.
This exclusive cushioning system reduces the vibrations and impact of running and softens the landing at the front of the deck. Whenever you plan to walk, jog or run, It allows users to train longer and harder without damaging joints or spine. You can smoothly run without any hassle and gives you an adhering performance of your choice and way. Apart from this, there is a three-speed cooling fan.
It comes with two handrails on either side of the machine to hold it comfortably while walking and allows your arms to move freely. It has a urethane coating for protection of your hands if it is sweat and moisture resistant. You can simply sanitize with a wet cloth.
There is also a horizontal support bar that increases the base of the console. This bar comes with heart rate sensors that will transmit your HR to the console screen for real-time training.
Preset Workouts Programs
Nautilus T618 supports four user profiles. It gives more accurate feedback and the ability to track workout activity long term. It offers 26 preset workout programs. There is a shelf for a tablet or smartphone that can be used as a display for RunSocial programming.
Standard Programs: Its standard programs automate the tread belt’s speed and incline. It supports efficient progress toward goals for weight management, endurance, and interval training. Moreover, it displays pulse rate, calories burned, and other program data in two wide windows with soft backlighting for easy reading.
RunSocial Programs: These programs can be accessed with the iPhone or iPad. It is known as a “mixed reality” platform as it combines user’s avatars with interactive videos of real-life routes and Nautilus trainer. The app lets you select from a run or walk in Tibet, a marathon in London, and much more.
You can also download a sample of videos and pay about $5 to download a full route. It tracks your performance stats. Also, you can plan a virtual run with your friends and family, or you can share a route with other RunSocial users from around the world.
This treadmill has two LCD screens. The top screen is smaller and displays your fitness score and distance. Its score is calculated on your metrics and workout.
The bottom screen is much larger than top screen with readouts for time, distance, pulse, speed, incline. The screen is backlit blue with white digital numbers that are large and easy to read. It measures 3.75″ top and 5.5″ bottom in diagonal.
- The console on t618 is simple and easy to navigate.
- There is a pacer option above the top display that allows you to train on a set program and distance.
- At the top, there is small display that indicates the goal of the workout, your placement to the pacer, and your fitness score.
- There is a large screen at the bottom that covers a lot more info, such as program profiles, time, lapse, calories, pulse rate, pace, etc.
- The console is telemetric. It can track your pulse via wireless HR strap included.
- The distance can be tracked in kilometers and miles, whereas the speed can be calculated in km/h or mph.
There are two storage cups on either side of the console and a large storage tray that increases the width of the deck and comes just below the console. It is above the deck and does not come in your way when you are running or performing some other workout. Further, it features a USB port at the top of the console for plug in and charge your device while in use.
This machine is best for walking, jogging or light running in this price range. Its running area is slightly smaller than other folding treadmills but it still offers 60″ length which is minimum for anyone with a long stride.
This T618 treadmill comes with an automatic incline range between 0% to 15%, perfect for high-intensity interval workouts. However, the deck can only be adjusted if the machine is connected to a power circuit.
You can adjust the incline from the control unit or from the keys situated into the left handlebar.
Its running platform is placed at approx 9″ above floor level. The space remaining between the deck and the floor is approx 4.5″. To avoid any ceiling height problems makes sure that the ceiling in the room where you’ll be using the machine is at least 15″ taller than your own height.
Wireless Heart Rate Monitoring
Another impressive feature of this new Performance Series model is a free wireless strap. It is included for more accurate settings. It helps users dial in when it comes to the cardio programs, as wireless readings are more accurate than the grips.
The deck of the treadmill comes fully assembled and attached to the metallic frame. Assembling shouldn’t take more than 45 minutes. It includes all the required tools, while the manual provides clear, step by step instructions for it.
This T618 is light commercial quality, and the spacious running path is great for the experienced runners or multi-user home gyms. It is a top-performing treadmill by Nautilus in its home treadmill segment in this price range.
Although it is a foldable treadmill, T618 has the same performance capabilities as the non-folding treadmills in its price range. It is great for light to intense cardio workouts, strength, intervals and stamina development, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the motor size on this T618?
It features a 3.5 CHP motor that is powerful enough to transition you between the various inclines and speed easily.
2. What are the dimensions of the running platform on the T618 treadmill?
It measures 20″ x 60″ running platform and features a durable triple-ply 2.5mm belt. It increases traction and durability for long belt life.
3. Does it support Bluetooth Connectivity?
Yes, it comes with enhanced Bluetooth that users can set, track, and monitor progress with popular app-based track tools such as MyFitnessPal, UA Record, MyFitnessPal, and many more.