NordicTrack 2450 Treadmill
Built For Runners Who Want: Power and Technology. It is perfect for hardcore runners.
Amazon.com Price as of 2021-06-14
- Impressive Incline Range.
- Max speed of 12mph.
- 10″ bright, eye-catching console.
- Free 1-year subscription to iFit with 16,000 trainer-led workouts.
- 50 Onboard workouts.
- Sturdy, cushioned running surface.
NordicTrack is popular for designing high-grade exercise equipment. This Commercial 2450 treadmill has earned a top spot in customer reviews as a folding treadmill.
It has a huge 4.0 continuous horsepower (CHP) DurX Commercial motor with Smart Response Drive System. It is suitable for both runners and walkers.
Moreover, it boasts a 14″ HD touch screen for you to enjoy Google Maps Street View trails, iFit Coach workouts, and personal trainer routines in full view and clarity. It also provides all other features you’d want for an amazing workout. NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill is going to last a lifetime and never get old.
NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Review: First Impressions
Amazon.com Price as of 2021-06-14
|NordicTrack 2450 Specifications|
|Incline / Decline Range||-+15% to -3%|
|Top Speed||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Display||14″ HD color Touch Screen|
|Heart Rate||Wireless and Grip Monitoring|
|Belt Size||22″ x 60″|
|Footprints||78.8″ L x 39.2″ W x 63″ H|
|Warranty||10 Yrs (frame), 1 Year (Labor), 2 Year (Parts)|
Reasons To Buy
- The well-designed console is easy to navigate.
- Runner’s Flex Cushioned deck with an extra-long belt.
- 50 On-board Workout Programs.
- -3 to +15% Decline/Incline Range.
- Track your heart rate with wireless and grip monitoring.
- 10″ full-color LCD touchscreen.
- Dual 3 inches fans in the console.
- Offers more shelves and pockets than rival treadmills.
- Easy Lift Assist to fold up when not in use.
Reasons To Avoid
- Bluetooth doesn’t sync with wireless headphones.
- There is no separate tablet holder at the top of the console.
- Heart rate chest strap not included.
NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill: Detailed Specifications
The NordicTrack Commercial 2450 is a fair choice for both runners and walkers. It is a powerful and technical approach to the developed treadmill that has received a host of updates for 2021 in the best price range. Graphics processing for its HD touchscreen includes improvements and more.
- Premium Touchscreen: It features 10 inches HD touchscreen that is the centerpiece of the Commercial 2450 treadmill. It allows you to enjoy your iFit workout programs in full view and clarity.
- Runners Flex Cushioning: It reduces foot strike impact by 30% compared to road running. The cushioned feel on this treadmill is impressive. You can on/off the cushioning system. When the deck suspension is activated, the jolt of exercise is reduced by about 30%. This allows you to soften the impact on your joints.
- High-End Motor: It has a 4.0 CHP Commercial Plus motor. The high-quality drive is self-cooling to enable intense training and low vibration for quiet operation.
- Speed: It offers an impressive 12mph speed and probably faster than most of you need. Also, both the manual speed and QuickTouch adjustments are smooth.
- 50 Onboard Programs: It offers 50 preset programs that are categorized to help you choose programs focused on interval training, calorie burn, or heart rate.
- iFit Coach Workouts: It has 14″ smart touch screen that helps you get the most out of your free 1-year iFit membership subscription. It allows you to download personalized programs anytime.
- Bluetooth Audio: It has a set of 3 inches digitally amplified speakers. It will enable you to pair your phone with the treadmill so you can listen to your podcast or music on the speakers.
- Sound Absorbing Deck: It has WhisperQuiet deck technology that absorbs enough sound from the runner’s footfall to make the treadmill home-friendly.
- Spacesaver Design with EasyLift Assist: With easy lift assist, it folds easily using a handlebar at the base of the deck. You can lift easily with one hand. Its deck will lock in a place in a vertical position and stays locked when not in use. Moreover, unlocking is also easy using a foot-release on the underside of the deck.
The NordicTrack Commercial 2450 helps you create the most iFit Coach virtual outdoor training. Additionally, the treadmill consumes less power, which is a rare feature in the treadmill industry. Other highlights include Bluetooth heart rate monitoring capability and Bluetooth audio connectivity to keep you entertained through your workouts.
Frame: It is a built on-all steel frame that has a sturdy feel. It comes with a 10-year frame warranty.
Deck: The 2450 treadmill has a 22 x 60″ belt that added length at both the top and sides of the track. Runners will enjoy the added lateral and linear space that gives them a bit more room to wander on the deck without hitting the side rails.
Belt/Rollers: There are rollers at the front of the deck to pull the belt along the running platform and then below the deck. If the roller diameter is larger, less belt tension is required since there is the additional surface area to grab the belt.
In treadmills with smaller rollers, the tread belt must be strung very tight. The 2.5″ rollers on this treadmill move the belt along smoothly to extend belt life and decrease foot resistance.
It features a 2-Ply Belt that moves smoothly along the deck. Even it doesn’t flip up or rattle against the deck surface at high speeds.
Positioning: At level 0%, the treadmill deck sits at 10″ off the ground, and when decline below the 0% it drops below that. And, when it is inclined at 15%, the top of the deck pivots to 17″ off the ground.
Runners Flex Cushion: It is one of the best features on this 2450 treadmill. It decreases foot impact by 30% as opposed to outdoor surfaces, which means running doesn’t to be painful. It uses a lever on the side of the deck. You can select ‘ON’ for cushioning and ‘OFF’ for road conditions.
In the ‘OFF’ position, the bar below the deck is turned upwards, braces the deck to prevent flex through simulating road or asphalt running.
Similarly, In the ‘ON’ position, the bar is turned down, that allows more flex as you run.
3″ Dual Fans
It features 3″ dual that situated below the screen gives a nice breeze. It offers four power settings that you can select an ideal airflow for your workout.
There is a storage tray below the console that features another five pockets. You can keep your water bottle and phone handy.
Preset Workouts Programs
It offers 50-onboard programs that are categorized to help you select programs focused on speed training, or, interval, or, pulse rate.
If you choose a pre-loaded route, actual pictures of the landscape move as you run along, and the incline adjusts for you. Also, you can choose to adjust graph-based /Incline /Interval /Fat Burn Workouts.
There is a white display bar at the top of the screen that offers readout of speed, time, distance, and calories burned.
Manual option: In manual mode, the screen displays a white track to offer you an idea of lap distance and speed. The bar stays at the top of the screen.
iFit Trainer Led Workouts
Like most iFit-enabled treadmills, this 2450 has a power incline for the track that helps stoke the metabolism and target-tone your muscles.
The best thing is that it helps you make the most of iFit Coach virtual outdoor training. As your program shows an uphill path, for instance, your machine will tilt to match.
- It includes studio-based classes such as Bootcamp, combo routines, interval routines, which alternate strength training with running segments.
- It also provides outdoor runs in any number of exotic places on Google maps.
- It also offers Off the treadmill classes. It’ll bring up class options like yoga, kickboxing, HIIT, dumbbells, or Fit in 15.
The Console on this Commercial 2450 Treadmill is well-designed and functional for convenient, easy use.
14″ HD Touchscreen
It features 10″ full-color HD touchscreen console is loaded with an incredible 50 programmed workouts and iFit capability. With this HD touchscreen control, you can interact with the world around you via its workouts.
The screen is perfect, that is not too dim or not too bright. It features an easy-to-read display bar at the top, which keeps track of calories, distance, incline, etc. You can toggle through various different display options on the bar.
- The console is easy to navigate for both speed and incline with Quick Controls.
- Also, the manual buttons and +, – are situated below the fans at thumb height.
- There is a safety key that is well-positioned at the base of the console.
- It has two large cup holders flank the screen on both sides.
- Design is intuitive.
3″ Digital Speakers
It features two 3″ speakers that shaped more like a soundbar. These speakers wrap around the fans, so the sound resonates on both sides. They have a clear and good volume. However, they get a bit loud when turned up.
Running on this treadmill feels smooth and silk. Its features work cohesively to offer a sturdy cushioned run and comfortable run.
Whether doing intervals or wandering through the exotic place via the iFit route, you’ll enjoy every single minute on this treadmill.
+15% Incline to -3% Decline
These settings on the treadmill are to be steady and responsive. Its deck lifts up at the right speed, even when you move from 5% grade to a 15% grade.
Varying the height of the track allows the athlete to engage different muscle groups. When working on incline and decline, you engage glute and hamstring muscles to offset quad dominance.
- When running at a fast speed, there is more impact on the deck and a bit more noise than when walking. However, the sound didn’t be distracting; you can still easily hear the trainer.
- When running with a fan on high, the noise not to be annoying. There is no need to increase the volume of the speaker even when workout fans are high speed.
- When running with Cushion On/Cushion Off, there is a noise difference between settings. When cushioning is off, it generates more noise.
NordicTrack 2450 is the best buy treadmill. It features a cushioned deck that makes running enjoyable. It folds up easily and has wheels on the bottom so that you can roll it if required. But, if you are a small person, moving it can be a bit of a challenge.
Like other NordicTrack treadmills, it features iFit that enhances the interactivity and value. Moreover, its 14″ display is definitely a plus point. Overall, it is a well-built machine and highly recommends it as an excellent choice for any in-home user.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does a NordicTrack Commercial 2450 weigh?
The Commercial 2450 weighs 315 pounds in the box, and around 300 pounds out of the box.
2. How do You assemble the NordicTrack Commercial 2450?
There are many instructional videos on fitness equipment on Youtube that’ll help you assemble your treadmill. Or you can pay around $250 for NordicTrack premier delivery that includes in-home delivery to the room of your choice and assembly of the treadmill.
3. How can you play music on Commercial 2450 treadmill?
It has Bluetooth audio capabilities, so you can connect your tablet or phone and stream your podcast or music wirelessly through a set of 3″ speakers.
4. How many programs does 2450 Treadmill have?
NordicTrack Commercial 2450 has 50 preset programs.