NordicTrack 2950 Treadmill
Built For Users Who Want: High-end machine with innovative features.
- 40 onboard workouts.
- 22″ touchscreen showcases iFit led trainers and outdoor routes.
- The cushioned deck can be turned off and on.
- The incline and decline range is +15 to -3%.
- Innovative compact design with EasyLift Assist to fold up.
- Streamlined console with large OneTouch control buttons.
NordicTrack’s premier home treadmill, the Commercial 2950, has a 22-inches touchscreen that encourages long workouts. It is one of the high-grade treadmills on the market.
It rivals some of the high-end incline trainers with its functionality and features. It has modifiable cushioning in the deck and a powerful motor.
The widescreen is HD, too, that makes the most of uniquely interactive iFit Coach video workouts. It lets you virtually exercise with world-class trainers.
With amazing sound absorption and a foldable frame, NordicTrack Commercial 2950 is an excellent match for just about any home workout space.
NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Review: First Impressions
|NordicTrack 2950 Treadmill Specifications|
|Incline / Decline Range||-3% decline and +15% incline|
|Top Speed||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Display||22″ HD Touchscreen|
|Heart Rate||Dual EKG CardioGrip pulse sensor|
|Belt Size||22″ x 60″|
|Footprints||72″ L x 34″ W x 72.25″ H|
|Warranty||10 Yrs (frame), 1 Year (Labor), 2 Yrs (other parts)|
Reasons To Buy
- Better quality parts.
- SpaceSaver frame with EasyLift design.
- Heavy-duty drive system.
- 4.25CHP DurX Commercial motor with dual fans.
- One-touch controls.
- Runners Flex Cushioned surface with soft and firm settings.
- Perfect for walking, jogging, and running.
- Dual EKG CardioGrip pulse sensor on handlebars.
- Features sound system that is Bluetooth compatible allows you to plug into the console.
- Dual AutoBreeze fans that keep you cool and comfortable.
Reasons To Avoid
- No USB port.
- Assembly isn’t quick and easy, so plan to spend extra for pro assembly service.
NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill: Detailed Specifications
This 2950 features a 22-inch touchscreen to encourage longer workouts, with the iFit coach allowing you to virtually train with Google Maps routes. With this, you will be able to practice with top-class instructors in sightseeing around the world. Follow a predetermined speed or set your own pace.
- 40 in-built programs: NordicTrack offers 40 simple onboard workout programs that don’t need iFit subscription to run. You can choose Intervals, Speed, Hills, or set in a Manual mode.
- -3% decline to +15% incline: NordicTrack offers a -3% decline on this folding treadmill. It allows for downhill training, active recovery, and gentle conditioning. Also, +15% of the Incline offers multiple training variables and conditioning options.
- 22″ Smart HD Touchscreen: The 22″ HD touchscreen features crisp resolution and sharp graphics. It enhances the functionality of the treadmill with more options available in the software.
- OneTouch Controls: These control buttons are large and black with white digitals numbers. There is a button for speed on the right with the incline on the left.
- Two 3″ Digitally Amplified Speakers: It features speakers that expand across the bottom of the console. You can adjust the volume via the touchscreen or on the console. Also, the auxiliary music port allows you to plug your smartphone into the console and play music through treadmill speakers.
- AutoBreeze Workout Fans: It comes with three fans. There are two fans in the console that produce good airflow.
- Cushioning: It features RunnerFlex Cushioning, which can be turned on or off via a lever on the side of the deck. It can provide a firm, road-like running surface, or a soft surface that is easy on the joints.
- Maximum Weight: It supports 300 weight limit that is a moderate capacity for a high-end machine. However, it also inclines to 15% and folds up, which is impressive.
This high-end treadmill has a 60-inch workout surface and a massive 22-inch section. The belt area serves appropriate for long-lasting stride, and it is 2 inches wider than standard to allow for additional elbow room. The running belt is two-ply for durability and quiet operation.
Frame: It is built with two steel side beams with one cross beam mid-deck and one more at the base of the deck. It supports and stabilizes the frame. The steel beams are powder coated for protection.
The 4.25CHP motor is situated at the front of the deck, that is protected by a motor hood. Also, it has four springs and pivoting brace under the deck create the RunnerFlex cushioning.
Its handrails are black molded plastic and extend 20″ forward from the console for perfect support. Furthermore, NordicTrack backs up with a 10-year frame warranty.
4.25 CHP Motor: The 4.25 CHP motor on NordicTrack 2950 is a self-cooling and commercial grade for durability. It manages the speed & incline adjustments smoothly. Also, it is quieter than the 1750 motor.
It is tested that the motor was able to maintain a good pace evenly while the inclines adjusted. Moreover, it takes a minute to move from 0% to 15% incline, but it is gradual and steady so that you don’t lose your balance.
Deck Size: The 22″ x 65″ deck is WhisperQuiet, which absorbs the sound of your footfall. This makes it a quiet fitness machine and a perfect choice for home use. It has a 22″ wide tread belt that offers 2 inches more lateral space than other folding treadmills.
It offers plenty of both forward and aft length for a long stride. Also, 60″ length is impressive that allows the console to be set back a little from the front of the tread deck.
Belt and Rollers: It has a 2-ply belt with great texture on the surface. The belt doesn’t flap against the deck while in use. There are two 2.5″ rollers placed at the top and rear of the running platform. They move the belt along the deck and create a smooth belt flow.
Folding: It is a foldable treadmill. You just have to use a bar at the base of the running surface to lift then the deck will rise to connect with the console and lock in place. Moreover, there are wheels under the front stabilizer so that you can easily pivot the treadmill forward and roll it out of the way.
Cushioning: Its Runner Flex cushioning keeps the deck solid for a great toe-off. NordicTrack 2950 comes with a well-engineered tread deck that folds up easily. The foot impact from running can be up to a double user’s weight. It causes more discomfort both during and after a run.
The cushioning in this NordicTrack 2950 reduces foot impact by permitting the deck to absorb the shock rather than your body.
It features two fans in the console and one fan in the storage tray. They provide a nice breeze. Moreover, its multiple power settings allow the user to find the right amount of flow. Another fan placed on the extra storage tray below the console. However, it hits about hip height, so it is not as effective as the other two.
There is an extra storage tray spans the uprights underneath the console. Also, it features two large side pockets and an extra fan in the middle. The two large water bottle holders flank the console and little lip on both sides for keys and a phone.
There is no tablet holder on this treadmill as the screen size is large. However, you can purchase a tablet holder as an extra accessory.
Preset Workouts Programs
There are 40 preloaded programs that don’t need an iFit subscription to run. The simplest programs are basic interval training, fat burner, hill training, or speed workouts. You can also choose the option of outdoor routes with real pictures of the terrain.
Furthermore, using google maps, the screen updates the image every 10 seconds. Also, you can upload any location if you have a particular route you want to train.
You can choose a satellite view, map view, or shuffle. These options are great, as they are better than just gazing at a white screen.
iFit Trainer Led Workouts
iFit coach is NordicTrack’s exclusive database of routes and classes. It is extensive, with multiple classes and training options available. Just log in and connect to your network. It’ll then automatically reconnect whenever you turn it on. Without wifi, you’ll not be able to run iFit.
It offers various workouts that are categorized by Most Popular, Quick Sweat Series, Beginner Incline Series, London Walking Series, and many more. You can hit “Browse” to toggle through all the options that are ranked by user rating.
- They proffer Personal trainer-led classes filmed in a studio. There are both male and female trainers are featured with a wide variety of teaching styles and motivational techniques. The class filmed live with people actively working along side you.
- Its live film routes allow you to wander through the French countryside or navigate the red mountains of Sedonia, traverse the Tetons, and even scale a single track trail in Alaska.
- It also offers a lot of walking options. There are various routes which are filmed live. There are cars, hackneys, and Londoners crossing back and forth as you walk along. It brings the feel of London right to the screen.
- Offers Cross-Training, Strength Training, Yoga. You can select a class that combines a bit of interval running with weight training off the treadmill. These programs bring that added level of variability so that you get a well-rounded workout.
This treadmill includes everything you need for your enjoyable workout. The button array is streamlined to reduce any unnecessary clutter on the console. Also, a large 22-inch screen has been installed in front of your eyes. with this you will be able to experience many places around the world. Symbols related to iFit navigation now appear on the touchscreen.
It boasts 22 inches touchscreen designed to showcase iFit. It offers high resolution and quality graphics that bring the outdoors to you. Furthermore, its screen also pivots gently up and down so you can adjust it to your visual range. Its touchscreen is easy to reach and responsive.
The console on Commercial 2950 is simple and streamlined. There are no extra buttons on it because most program features are controlled via touchscreen.
Its main area includes the screen, OneTouch controls on either side, speakers, and fans. It features a slim, sleek design.
At ledge below that features the volume and fan buttons, manual speed and incline controls, Start/Stop buttons, and Emergency key.
3″ Digital Speakers
It features two 3″ speakers that shaped more like a soundbar. These speakers wrap around the fans, so the sound resonates on both sides. They have a clear and good volume. However, they get a bit loud when turned up.
This NordicTrack commercial 2950 treadmill is the best for serious runners. Its features are tested and performed very well. Overall, it is a well-designed machine that offers a comfortable run.
Incline and Decline Range
The decline and incline range on this treadmill is one of the top-grade features. It provides multiple training variables and offers a better way to stimulate calorie burn. At +15% grade is steepest that proffered before you move into the incline Trainers, which are expensive.
The steep grade engages glutes and hamstring for balanced leg strengthening. Moreover, it burns more calories to work at an incline as compared to a flat road. At a 15% incline, the deck rotates to 18″ off the floor.
NordicTrack tested the caloric demand when running an incline and noticed that a 200 pounds person walking at 2mph for 20 mins burned 157 cal at 10% incline. And the plus point is its decline feature that makes the outdoor routes feel more realistic as the deck decline and incline to natch the natural terrain.
Its motor is quiet and doesn’t produce much sound. Even it is quiet when adjusts speed and incline. However, there is a little thumping when running hard or fast. Overall, the noise output on this 2950 treadmill is well regulated.
This Commercial series treadmill with 22″ touchscreen and iFit Coach is NordicTrack’s most advanced innovative treadmill in terms of machines. It has a sleek, comfortable, innovative design with impressive technology. This treadmill is a great value with all the bells and whistles.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the user weight capacity of the 2950 Treadmill?
The 2950 treadmill’s runner weight limit is 300 pounds.
2. Does this 2950 Treadmill fold?
Yes, you can fold up this treadmill after each workout using EasyLift and maximize storage space withSpacSaver design.
3. Is there Heart Rate Monitoring on this treadmill?
Yes, there is a heart rate zone training to target a particular goal with the in-built EKG grip sensors. Pulse rate monitors used for exercise like wireless heart monitoring chest strap are not medical devices.
- Nautilus T618 Treadmill
- NordicTrack T 7.5 S Treadmill
- NordicTrack T 9.5 S Treadmill
- Precor TRM 211 Treadmill
- Precor TRM 445 Treadmill
- Precor TRM 835 Commercial Treadmill
- Proform 505 CST Treadmill
- Sole Fitness F65 Folding Treadmill
- Sole S77 Treadmill
- Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
- Xterra TRX2500 Treadmill