Are you looking for a basic treadmill without many bells and whistles?
NordicTrack T 6.5 S is the best choice for you at an affordable price tag. It is a simple, quality machine in the T-series treadmill line.
Considering its power and size, this treadmill can serve for light and moderate cardio training. Plenty of exercise support is included. It is compatible with iFit. It offers access to automatic stats infinite Google Maps training routes, a library of workout videos, and other exercise benefits.
It features quality engineering and innovative design while keeping the tech features simple. NordicTrack T 6.5 S is the best buy for a compact foldable treadmill.
NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill Review: First Impressions
|Motor: 2.6 CHP||Incline Range: +10%|
|Weight Capacity: 300 lbs||Top Speed: 10 MPH|
|Footprint: 67.5″ L x 36″ W x 73″ H||Tread Belt: 20″ x 55″|
|Display: 5″ Backlit||Foldable: Yes|
|Preset programs: 20||Heart Rate Monitor: Dual CardioGrip|
What We Like
- Affordable and low budget design
- FlexSelect enables you to adjust the tension of the running belt.
- 20 Onboard workout programs add a lot of diversity to your options.
- Boast EasyLift Assist Technology
- The bright LCD screen is easy to read.
- One of the best treadmills for walkers or light running.
- Features textured 4-inch non-slip side rails.
What We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t fold up completely.
- Requires AUX connection for mobile phones
NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill: Detailed Features
- On/Off Track Cushioning – It is equipped with on/off Runner’s Flex Cushioning. There are spongy orange dampeners under the deck that allows runners to turn the cushioning feature on or off. It absorbs impact to help protect your knee joints from overuse and impact injuries. To turn ‘ON’, just twist the cushion knob until it reads: OFF.
- Preloaded Workouts – It features 20 onboard workouts that were designed by a certified personal trainer to support efficient calorie burn and endurance training. It includes basic routines that are easy to follow. There are buttons for programs that are brightly colored and easy to see.
- Incline range – This 6.5 S treadmill will incline to a 10% grade that is plenty steep for the average runner. It helps boost metabolic rate, adds cardio challenge, and enables extra muscle toning from walks and jogs. Using the incline can also take the pressure off your knees by shifting your body position.
- Weight Capacity – The 300 pounds user weight capacity is surprising for such a compact treadmill. It is designed to solid and durable. NordicTrack backs up this treadmill with a full lifetime warranty on the frame.
- SpaceSaver Design – It folds up to save space when not in use. As it is only 73″ tall when folded in a vertical position. With EasyLift Assist, it is easy to fold, and the hydraulic release system under the deck will gently lower the running platform back to the floor.
- 2.6 CHP DurX Commercial Plus Motor – Its motor is self-cooling, so it won’t overheat. Moreover, this 2.6 CHP motor can maintain and hold any preset speed.
- OneTouch Controls – On either side of the screen, there are OneTouch controls for Incline and Speed. The buttons are numbered 1 to 10 to match each speed or incline. They give a quick way to navigate directly from the console.
- Sound System – Its sound system is Bluetooth compatible. Music, podcast, or other listening pleasure can be heard and amplified through dual 2″ speakers.
- Warranty – NordicTrack backs up with a lifetime frame warranty. It indicates that NordicTrack knows that 6.5 S is a sturdy, durable machine.
Frame: It has sturdy built and still enough light to fold up. Its base is made of steel sides and cross beams for extra stability. Furthermore, powder-coated chrome rails support the handrails and console. Its deck is composed of composite material to keep the running platform solid and durable.
Deck Cushioning: It features FlexSelect cushioning in the deck to increase comfort and reduce joint impact. There are four orange dampeners under the deck support and medium cushioning that users can turn it on or off. It helps to reduce fatigue so you can workout longer without any discomfort.
Also, there is a good-sized running deck. Its 20″ x 55″ belt allows for full stride length with just a little extra room along the sides.
Belt: Its commercial-grade belt is durable with a slightly textured surface. As compared to other treadmills in this price range, the belt is comfortable with enough texture to keep your foot from slipping.
Handrails: They extend from the back of the console forward alongside the deck. And the rear part of handrails is covered in black plastic molding, which is the same as the console. Its front part is covered with a soft, spongy grip material for a convenient hand-hold.
On the other side, horizontal rails extend in front of the console. Its grip has heart rate sensors for each hand. The best thing is these handrails are comfortable and easy to reach.
2.6 CHP Motor: It features a 2.6 HP motor that adjusts incline and speed, so it controls much of the running experience. However, the 6.5 S Motor isn’t as powerful as some NordicTrack treadmills. It offers consistent speed and smooth incline adjustments. It responds well with no delay between adjustments.
It supports single users, light runners, and walkers without any problem. But if you have multiple users in your family or plan to do heavy training, then look at some slightly more powerful motor.
Preset Workouts Programs
It features 20 Onboard programs that provide a lot of preset options for calorie burn, fat burn, intervals, hills, etc. There is no audio in these programs, so they are perfect for keeping track of your stats while you listen to a podcast, music, or even read a book.
iFit Trainer Led Workouts
iFit is sold as an additional option with this T 6.5 S. It isn’t included, and iFit will not display on the LCD screen. However, you can log in to iFit on a compatible tablet or Smartphone and set it on the console.
- Studio-based classes include: Bootcamp, interval training, and combo routines, which alternate strength training with running segments. The trainer offers direction as he\she works alongside you and other members in the studio.
- iFits also provides outdoor runs in various interesting places: iFit features various cool places such as Dragon Crest trail in Krabi, Thailand.
- It also offers off the treadmill classes: Just log into iFit from any computer or tablet from the main menu bar, choose the “Daily Workout” tab. It offers options like kickboxing, HIIT, yoga, or dumbbell workout.
It features an LCD backlit display that is clear and easy to read. It displays distance, duration, calories, incline, and speed. While it isn’t a touchscreen, so all controls are below the screen.
Moreover, it features large, bright buttons that allow you to choose your workout program. While the screen is not large, the digital numbers are simple to read than some of the more elaborate displays on other treadmills.
The 6.5 S treadmill is iFit compatible, but iFit will not display on this screen. If you purchase an iFit subscription, you will require a compatible tablet or Smartphone to watch iFit programs.
The layout of the 6.5 S console is simple. Unlike the very streamlined touchscreen consoles, the 6.5 S layout has a few more buttons.
- It features Quick control buttons for speed and incline.
- It has an MP3 input jack so you can plug your phone into the treadmill speakers.
- It also has a volume control button.
Includes manual controls for speed and incline along with Start/Stop.
- There is Safety Key centered at the base of the console.
- There is a ledge below the controls that is plenty wide to hold a tablet or phone.
- Its front grip bar extends horizontally at the base of the console with heart rate sensors on either side.
There are two speakers placed on the side of the console. It offers plenty of volume. You can plug your phone into the MP3 jack to listen to music through the speakers.
It features storage pockets on either side of the console. They are wide and deep enough to hold large water bottles.
Design and Comfort
When it comes to T 6.5 S treadmill, it looks like a standard treadmill. Its belt and console are black, whereas the attached handles are brushed gray.
There are bright orange accents under the belt and in the NordicTrack logo that offer a treadmill a little pop of color. Also, there is enough cushioning and support to soften your landing without making the treadmill feel wobbly.
This T 6.5 S Treadmill is a solid, sturdy built. It comes with basic features without bells and whistles. In other words, it doesn’t have many of the upgrades on other machines. But it has a quality frame and feels smooth during use.
Also, you can adjust the belt speed 0-10 MPH. Even at the highest speeds, its frame holds strong and doesn’t shake. It is fairly noisy, and its belt doesn’t produce excess noise that wouldn’t disturb others.
However, the speakers on the treadmill are a bit lackluster. If you are walking at a relaxed pace, you’ll have no trouble hearing whatever you are playing.
However, if you are running, though, the sound gets drowned easily.
There is a 10% Incline max on this 6.5 S treadmill that offers plenty of training variables. The incline training not only conditions the legs for outdoor hills, but it also strengthens the hamstrings to offset quad dominance.
It is useful for walkers as when you walk at a steep grade, you simply lengthen your stride and swing your arms for an excellent full-body workout.
The T 6.5 S folds easily. It requires only one person to fold. You just grab the bar at the base of the deck and lift. It doesn’t have a “release” lever to raise the deck. It latches securely in place when folded up and will stay locked until you press the foot release bar.
It has two wheels under the front so you can tip the treadmill towards yourself, rocking it back onto the wheels. Therefore, it is easy to roll or slide out of the room or into a closet.
What’s covered by the warranty?
- Frame: 10-Year
- Parts: 2-Year
- Labor: 1-Year
The T 6.5 S is a good buy if you are looking for simplicity. It is an entry-level quality machine. It folds up easily and fits in a corner or a closet. Moreover, it has a nice cushioned deck and a solid motor.
This machine doesn’t need WiFi to run Onboard programs. Therefore it is a good option if you plan to put into a garage or basement without the internet. It is one of the best budget treadmills.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long is T 6.5 S treadmill tread belt?
Its belt is shorter than those found on health club treadmills. The belt is 55 inches long that is suitable for power walking and jogging.
2. How many programs does this T 6.5 S treadmill have?
This NordicTrack T 6.5 S treadmill has 20 preset workout programs.