NordicTrack T 9.5 S Treadmill
Built For Runners Who Want: Comfortable treadmill with higher-end technology and variety of programs.
Amazon.com Price as of 2021-05-06
- Smooth, comfortable training.
- Powerful features for an affordable price.
- Low on noise.
- One touch controls.
- Transport wheels for portability.
- Heart rate monitoring with EGK pulse sensors.
This NordicTrack T 9.5 S is the most advanced out of all the T series treadmills. If you are looking for an entry-level treadmill, then it is the perfect choice for you. It is packed with all the necessary features as well as compact in size. Therefore, this machine is suitable for those who don’t have enough space in their homes for workout equipment. However, it doesn’t offer expanded features than other treadmills in the T series – still, it provides potential buyers a lot in a compact package.
This model is reasonably priced, and depending on your own needs in a treadmill, this may be more than enough to get the job done. At the core, it is also built like NordicTrack advanced models to help give you a real road running experience. Overall, it is much more than just a pretty look, however, that you can read all about in our below write-up.
NordicTrack T 9.5 S Review: First Impressions
Amazon.com Price as of 2021-05-06
|NordicTrack T 9.5S Treadmill Specifications|
|Running Area||20″ x 60″|
|Top Speed||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity||325 lbs|
|Heart Rate Monitor||EKG Grip Pulse|
|Footprints||79.5” L x 35.5” W x 65” H|
|Display||Multi-Window LED Display|
|Warranty||Lifetime frame & motor, 2 years parts, 1 year labor|
Reasons To Buy
- Sturdy, well-built steel frame.
- Speed can be adjusted in increments of 0.1 MPH and 0.5 MPH.
- Advanced console with touchscreen technology.
- Quiet operations.
- Little maintenance required.
- Easy to assemble.
- Excellent Warranty.
- Real-time workout training.
Reasons To Avoid
- No tablet holder.
- HR Chest strap isn’t included.
NordicTrack T 9.5 S Treadmill: Detailed Specifications
The T series treadmill is designed and created to support you. It is provided with comfortable cushioning, powerful motor, a touchscreen that is web enabled, and space-saving design. Considering these features and the others on this treadmill, the price is reasonable.
- Powerful Motor: It integrates a 3.6 CHP DurX commercial motor. It is built to move you through the toughest workout sessions. The motor itself is quiet and won’t lose performance.
- Speed: There is plenty of speed available on this machine that allows you to go from 0.5 MPH all the way up to 12 MPH. You can control the speed using the buttons along the console side.
- Incline: The incline range available from 0 to 12%, and it moves smoothly from one incline to another. With quick controls, you can increment incline using arrows at the base of your console to go by 0.5 integers.
- Cushioning: It comes with FlexSelect cushioning that you can change with an orange shock absorber. This cushioning softens the impact on knees and simulates a road running experience.
- Preset Programs: There are 50 preset workout programs loaded on this T series treadmill. These programs enables you to do workouts with a wide variety of options.
- Compact Design: This treadmill is easy to fold up. Once the deck is raised up high, the deck will lock into place automatically. Further, the deck can descend on its own and won’t come thumping down.
- Warranty: With NordicTrack treadmill, you will get good warranty coverage on this treadmill. It is provided with a lifetime warranty on frame and motor, 2 years parts, and 1 year warranty on labor.
- 1-Yr iFit membership: iFit Coach online database of classes and personal trainers. It offers so many training options. You can easily incorporate programs such as rolling hills, interval speeds, steep grades, etc.
This treadmill is a great entry-level option for those who are looking for a heavier-duty than average home gym model. It has a sturdy build and is also protected with a great warranty that will keep your investment safe for years to come.
It features a heavy-duty steel frame, and the deck is made to support users up to 300 lbs that are great for a non-commercial machine. It comes with a frame fully assembled and weighs over 200 lbs. Its weight is reflected in its overall stability. This treadmill won’t shake or move even if it runs at full speed. Apart from that, all steel parts are coated with corrosion-resistant paint.
It boasts a commercial treadmill belt that is tougher enough to provide you with a durable surface to workout on. It measures 20″ wide and 60″ long. With this spacious workout space, you should feel comfortable. Besides this, it uses a multi-ply belt with a non-slip upper layer. Best in all, its internal rollers are 1.9″ in diameter that provides superior traction and a longer lifespan for the belt.
It is equipped with an EasyLift folding mechanism that uses a hydraulic cylinder. This assists you with folding the deck up. With a folded deck, the treadmill’s length is reduced up to approx 40 inches and height approx 71.6 inches.
It is equipped with FlexSelect cushioning. There are three cushions on each side of the deck that supports up to 40% shock absorption. The cushion element is adjustable, which means you can increase or decrease the flexibility by an easy left or right rotation of a small orange device placed under the deck. Cushioning gives more protection for the user’s joints, hips, back, and knees. Also, you can enjoy a road-like feel by turning the shock absorption dampeners down.
- Accessories Tray – There is an extra accessories tray under the console. It allows you to store your remote, wallet, extra keys, and more.
- Speakers and Fans – Play music via the audio jack or sync with its Bluetooth. Its speakers offer clear and bright sound quality. However, the highest volume levels can be grainy sounding. Apart from speakers, it features a powerful workout fan located below the speakers that keep you cool when you workout. There is an option to adjust the speed manually or change automatically based on the user’s exercise intensity.
Preset Workouts Programs
With this machine, you don’t have to rely on the iFit Coach workout programs. It comes with 50 built-in exercise programs that allow you to shake up your treadmill workouts with a variety of options. These exercise programs are separated depending on fitness level. Thus you can select from beginner, intermediate or advanced workouts.
It offers all types of workouts focusing on weight loss, intervals, high-intensity cardio, stamina development, and much more.
This treadmill comes with a one-year free membership of iFit Coach. You can select from over 16,000 workout programs, from full-body cross-training to running videos. With world-class iFit trainers, you can experience the best workout of your life on your schedule. This iFit coach includes some of the top trainers in the world like Hannah, Tanya, John, and Betina, who train celebrities and won awards like women’s health trainer of the year and Men’s health trainer of the year.
Compared to the T 6.5 S model, this machine comes with a more advanced console. It has a large 14″ full-color LCD display with LED backlight and touchscreen technology. The only downside is you can’t browse the web or install apps on it. It can stream videos through iFit.
The console has wireless connectivity, so you can connect it with your Wi-Fi to access the iFit workout database. Further, it has its own database of workout programs and features 50 preset programs in memory.
The console display tracks all the important workout metrics, including distance, time, calories, pulse, speed, and incline. Its distance and speed units are set by default to imperial units (miles and MPH), and also, there is the option of metric units (km/h, km).
Heart Rate Monitoring– For pulse reading, you can use sensors integrated into the handlebars or use a wireless chest strap. However, this accessory isn’t included.
It comes with a Smart Response Drive System with a 3.6 CHP DurX commercial plus motor. The motor has a small flywheel to reduce vibration and its own cooling system. Apart from that, this powerful motor delivers a speed range between 0.5 to 12 miles per hour.
For the quick speed and incline controls, there are speed & incline controls on the bottom keypad. The arrow’s control for the gradual speed is bi-functional. If you press the key once the belt speed increments by 0.1 MPH and hold a key down, the belt speed adjusts in increments of 0.5 MPH.
The NordicTrack 9.5 S comes with an automatic incline system. There is a small motor and lever system placed at the front. When you select a certain incline level, the levers will lift the front part of the deck, changing the slope of the running surface.
However, it doesn’t have decline settings. The incline increments are 1%, and there are quick selection keys from 0% to 12%.
Its motor is pretty quiet and doesn’t create noise like other traditional treadmills. You can use this treadmill easily in your apartment without disturbing your neighbor.
This T series treadmill is easy to assemble. The deck with its rollers, belt, motors, and other elements comes already assembled. You only need to attach the accessory tray, front masts, handlebars, and console. This takes 30-40 minutes to fully assemble. Apart from this, all the required tools are included. There is a manual provided with it that has clear assembly instructions.
When it comes to maintenance, it requires very little maintenance. Its tread belt comes pre-lubricated, but it may require extra lubrication. Besides, keep the running belt clean, free of textile fibers, dirt, or other objects that might be dragged under it.
The 9.5 S is equipped with various excellent features that make this treadmill highly appealing and perfect addition to a home gym. It is both compact and powerful, making it suitable for runners who need a strong treadmill but doesn’t have much space for one. It features a powerful motor, automatic incline, durable cushioned deck, and large LCD console.
Further, NordicTrack gives you access to their premier training programs. This will make working out a more exciting experience beyond your wildest routine dreams. If you are looking for a sturdy machine, then you can pick this. Moreover, it has excellent warranty coverage. It offers superb value for money.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does this Commercial Series 9.5 S Treadmill Fold?
Yes, you can fold up the treadmill running surface after your workout using EasyLift technology and maximize storage space with the SpaceSaver design.
2. How many programs does T 9.5 S have?
It is equipped with built-in 50 different programs. Therefore, if you don’t have an iFit subscription, you can still access plenty of other options, from weight loss to calorie burn.
3. What is the user weight capacity of this 9.5 S treadmill?
The total weight capacity rating on this machine is a little low at just 300 pounds. While for many people this will be sufficient and they can get the work done without a problem.