ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill
Built For Runners Who Want: iFit integrated technology on a sturdy folding treadmill.
- Max speed of 10mph.
- 16 onboard workouts.
- Foldable design.
- 0-10% incline for hills and glute work.
- High-grade treadmill at a lower price.
- Large LCD Display.
- A 30-day iFit trial membership.
The ProForm 300i is a budget-friendly model that comes with a wide range of training varieties. This model provides several improvements over the older ProForm 300 treadmill. It is better than the basic model as it is Bluetooth and iFit enabled. Further, its deck cushioning cell is a bit wider, and the console is also different from the previous model.
This 300i is specially designed for users who have limited space. It is a compact treadmill that folds vertically to save additional floor space. However, you can’t call it a high-grade run-of-the-mill treadmill as it isn’t ideal for gym use. It is a good machine with innovative features that are suitable for a workout at home. Apart from this, its 2.0 CHP motor is sufficient for walking and jogging.
Here is the in-depth write-up of the Proform Performance 300i treadmill that will help you figure out whether it is the right option for you or not.
ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill Review: First Impressions
|ProForm 300i Treadmill Specifications|
|Incline||0 – 10%|
|Running Area||16″ x 50″|
|Top Speed||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Dimensions||70″ x 33″ x 53″|
|Cushioning||ProShox (1 Cell)|
|Heart Rate Monitor||EKG Grip Pulse Sensor|
|Warranty||Frame 5 years | 90 days parts and labor|
Reasons To Buy
- Value for money treadmill under $1000.
- 16 workout programs.
- One-touch control for speed and incline.
- Foldable design for convenient cleaning and storage.
- Integrated EKG pulse sensors in handlebars.
- Easy to assemble.
- Quiet operation.
- Excellent warranty.
Reasons To Avoid
- Small running area.
- Heart rate sensors aren’t accurate.
Proform Performance 300i Treadmill: Detailed Specifications
The Smart Performance 300i is a solid build machine for walkers. It is best suited for senior those who have no intention of running. It comes with a 6″ display that is large enough to see your workout statistics and is enabled with iFit Coach.
- SpaceSaver Design: This machine has a space-saving design with its folding mechanism. It can be tilted upward and free up floor space. The space-saving design comes with a shock assist that ensures smooth, easy folding vertically.
- Cushioning: The cushioning on this budget treadmill is great. It features ProShox padding on the deck that is an air-based cushioning system. It reduces stress on joints and provides a safe running surface.
- Auto Incline: Automatic incline usually comes with expensive treadmills. The 10% incline on this machine will add challenge and help keep boredom away. Incline training will help you burn calories quickly.
- Speakers: This Performance 300i features 2″ speakers that allow you to stream favorite music during workouts. In addition, this feature is under warranty for 90 days.
- Console: It has a very basic console. Its console displays speed, time, distance, calories burned, and else. Best of all, it gives the ability to use iFit. With iFit, you can access an unlimited amount of workout options.
- Heart Rate Monitor: With the help of Bluetooth, the console can track pulse with a chest strap transmitter. It is compatible with the majority of Bluetooth heart rate monitors. However, the chest strap isn’t included with the treadmill.
The frame of this treadmill is made of steel like all other models. Its steel parts are polished with scratch-resistant and anti-corrosive paint. Apart from this, its front base integrates small wheels for easy transportation.
The deck folds up and connects to the upright post, providing better storage possibilities. When fully set up, it takes 65″ L X 29″ W of floor space, and when folded, its footprints remain 26″ L x 29″ W. The deck of the treadmill is sturdy enough to support a weight of 300 lbs. Since the machine is ideal for walking or light jogging, it is not apt for running at 10 mph if you weigh more than 200 lbs.
The deck measures 50 inches in length and 16 inches in width. This indicates that this deck area comes short for taller users, who are more than 6’2″ when it comes to running. Besides, it comes with a heavy-duty, 1-ply belt that is flexible and strong enough to lower power consumption. Its tread belt is low friction, produces less noise, and comes pre-lubricated, so you don’t have to worry about its lubrication.
It is one of the affordable treadmills and basically constructed for joggers and walkers. It is equipped with integrated grip sensors to give an estimate of your heart rate as you exercise and feels very enjoyable as well as an intense Workout experience.
This cushioning called ProShox. It is not as soft as the cushioning found in other expensive treadmills but better than running on outdoor surfaces.
It reduces the shock on your spine and joints and absorbs up to 20% of your workout impact that results in less pain during long workouts and training.
It comes with an integrated tablet holder. It is capable of keeping hold of a tablet and put in place while you are engaged in your workout sessions. You can easily make your workout fun and entertain yourself by listening to your favorite music or enjoying a movie on your tablet.
Preset Workouts Programs
This Performance 300i treadmill comes with eight weight loss workouts and eight workout programs. These pre-loaded programs help in burning fat, and performance apps tend to work out your cardiovascular system.
These workouts are separated into two categories, i.e., weight loss and performance. There are keys on the console for selecting a program. Its manual mode also has a key. Apart from this, it has a STOP button that can put a hold on your workout.
The console of this treadmill is Bluetooth compatible and iFit readiness. You can connect the treadmill console with your tablet, laptop, smartphone using Bluetooth. Further, you can make use of the iFit app for your workout. It boasts a 6 inch LCD display that can track workout metrics like distance, time, calories burned, and pulse. Also, you can alter the speed and current incline with quick control buttons.
There is a track function that tends to display the distance in laps of 1/4 miles and shows progress for each lap. Furthermore, it keeps the count of the laps completed. Its console also boasts a magnetic safety key.
Motor tells that the machine can sustain power for longer and more intense workouts. It is measured in continuous horsepower. If your workout consists of plenty of running, look for treadmills with 3.0 CHP and high. However, if you want a treadmill for walking, a 2.0 CHP is perfect.
With a top speed of 10 mph, this machine is suitable for light exercises and cardio training. It features QuickSpeed buttons that allow adjusting intensity instantly.
Usually, basic treadmill models don’t come with an incline feature or provide a manual incline. The ProForm 300i comes with a motorized incline that is capable of providing a slope of up to 10%. With a 10% incline, you will be easily able to make the consistency of a walk or jog and get a quality workout. Its incline can make adjustments in increments of 1%. Apart from this, the deck’s step-up height is approximately 7″ and provides a 0% incline. You can raise it by few inches when you set it at 10%.
The assembly process of this machine is simple. It includes the manual with a step-by-step procedure. To assemble it completely takes an hour. All the required tools are included in the package.
Further, the machine comes with a decent warranty:
- Frame and Motor: 5 Years warranty
- Parts: 90 days
- Labor: 90 days
This Performance 300i treadmill is an excellent option under $1000. It is a well-made, quality treadmill with great components and a console. Its console has various preloaded workout options and the ability to use a chest strap heart rate monitor. Overall, it is the best treadmill or walking or jogging. This treadmill is amazing for those who want to tone up their muscles, build stamina, lose weight and maintain a healthy cardiovascular shape.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many preset programs does Performance 300i have?
You get 16 built-in workouts designed by certified trainers. Its preset time, speed and incline will help you reach your maximum performance.
2. How can you play music on this treadmill?
You can enjoy music while you workout with this 300i. It features Audio Auxiliary Port w/ Dual 2″ Speakers on the console of decent quality. You can plug in your iPod using AUX directly into the machine.
3. Does Proform offer any Warranty on this treadmill?
ProForm provides a 5-year warranty on frame of this treadmill. Proform also offers 90 days warranty on parts and labor.
- Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill
- LifeSpan TR2000e Electric Folding Treadmill
- NordicTrack T 7.5 S Treadmill
- NordicTrack T 9.5 S Treadmill
- Precor TRM 211 Treadmill
- Precor TRM 445 Treadmill
- Precor TRM 835 Commercial Treadmill
- Proform 505 CST Treadmill
- Proform Carbon T10 Treadmill
- ProForm Smart Pro 9000 Treadmill
- Schwinn 810 Treadmill
- Sole S77 Treadmill