In A Hurry? Our Top Reasons To Buy
Built For Runners Who Want: iFit integrated technology on a sturdy folding treadmill. It is suitable for joggers and light runners.
ProForm Performance 400i Treadmill
- Max speed of 10mph
- 50 onboard workouts
- Foldable design
- 0-10% incline for hills and glute work
- Small touchscreen that fits nicely in the console.
- High-grade treadmill at a lower price
It is an excellent treadmill for walkers and joggers. It is a low budget treadmill that is renewed from the original Proform Performance 400 series.
Its design and innovative features cater to that class of exercisers be a great choice for dedicated walkers, seniors, or rehab.
This Proform Smart Performance 400i Treadmill has been updated with an iFit Bluetooth smart enabled console and integrated table holder that make it a very great deal.
It offers 50 built-in sessions and thousands of available on-demand trainer-led videos via the iFit app.
ProForm Performance 400i Treadmill Review: First Impressions
|Motor||2.5 CHP Mach Z|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Top Speed||10 MPH|
|Footprint||32.75″ x 65.77″ x 56.42″|
|Deck||18″ x 50″|
|Display||7″ Smart HD Touchscreen|
|Speakers||Dual 2″ Speakers|
|Heart Rate Monitor||EKG Grip Pulse Sensor|
- Features 2.0 CHP Mach Z: good for casual running and walking.
- Audio auxiliary port with 2-inch speakers.
- 50 OnBoard programs.
- Sturdy frame construction.
- Space-saving design, folding deck.
- It has an excellent cushioning with two suspension cells on each side.
- It is fairly easy to assemble.
- Performs quiet operations.
- EGK pulse sensor integrated into handlebars.
- Not suitable for serious runners.
- No wireless heart rate monitoring.
Proform Smart Performance 400i: Detailed Features
- 25 CHP Mach Z Motor: It is a powerful motor adequate for light joggers and walkers. It creates high levels of inertia for a smooth, powerful feel and promises a quiet-in home experience.
- ProShox Cushioning: It absorbs up to 20 % of your workout impact that results in less pain during long workouts and training.
- 7″ Smart HD Touchscreen: Its 7″ display screen is large enough to swipe through to view your stats and follow the 50 workout programs. It offers a clean, crisp view of the trainer-led on-demand videos or the landscapes from around the world that you may choose to walk on.
- Preset Workout Programs: Proform is providing a built-in 50 workouts which are designed by a certified personal trainer. Preset inclines, speeds, and time will help you reach your maximum performance.
- Speakers with MP3 Input: You can enjoy music while you workout. These speakers have decent quality.
- Weight Capacity: The weight limit of 300 pounds means just about anyone will conveniently use the 400i.
- Space Saver: It is on the smaller side of residential treadmills. Measures only 35.5″ wide and 73.25″ long, it can fit into tight home spaces.
- Tablet Holder: It features an integrated tablet holder above the display that holds your tablet or mobile phone in place.
- QuickControl Buttons: There are buttons for both speed and incline on the console. It makes moving between speed settings easy with just the touch of a button.
Frame: Its frame is sturdy, and the machine rests snugly on the floor while in use. Also, the uprights angle slightly aft to bring the console closer to the user.
Its deck sits up off the floor that increases step on the height just a bit but adds travel below for improved cushioning.
Deck: This treadmill doesn’t have the most cushioned deck, but it is a bit better than running outside. Its ProShox system is created to add gentle cushioning as required but still be light enough to fold up.
It measures 18″ wide and 50 ” long, which is on the smaller side. Usually, other treadmills range up to 22″ wide and 60 inches long, so this one is perfect for smaller users or those wants for light running.
Belt and Rollers: The tread belt and rollers work well, so the running surface glides nicely underfoot. Its belt can get a little slick if you have wet shoes or sweat a lot, so keep an eye on your footing as required.
Motor: Its motor is a 2.0 CHP. This small motor can be a reward for those who want a quietly running treadmill. Also, it has smooth action and transitions speed. It is best suited for brisk walking, jogging at high speeds, or for long periods.
Preset Workouts Programs
It offers a vast library of workout programs to work with to raise your walking strength and fitness. The 400i comes with 50 in-built programs featuring high intensity, speed, calorie burn, incline, and mixed workouts.
In addition to these programs, through the iFit Coach app, you’ll have access to trainer videos from landscapes around the world to indoor studios. It’ll have you getting you on and off the treadmill.
This iFit configured treadmill syncs with the elevation of the various terrains that you can select anywhere in the world via Google Maps.
It features a 7″ full-color touchscreen that is very unusual for a treadmill in this price tag. It is designed to showcase the full iFit database. You can watch a lot of different classes on this screen.
The layout on the Performance 400i console is great.
- Its screen sits at eye level in the center with incline and speed buttons just underneath.
- Each speed and incline has a button.
- Therefore it is easy to navigate from one level to another.
- Its button isn’t raised, so it is easy to navigate from one level to another quickly.
- There are speakers on either side of the console project iFit volume.
- It also features an AUX port so you can plug your mobile phone into the speakers.
There are two water bottle holders on either side of the console. It also has a pocket at the base of the console.
It has an incline range of 0-10%. As the performance 400i is primarily a walking treadmill than other treadmill reviews. When working an incline, you engage glutes and hamstrings to get a more well-rounded workout. It also allows you to get your heart rate up but stay low-impact when you walk quickly uphill.
This treadmill is perfect for walking. Its incline range allows you to add variables to your training. In treadmill reviews, it is explained that it also engages additional muscle groups. The 10mph is enough speed for any walking program.
However, when running, it feels a little light underfoot. Whereas, the cushioning isn’t sufficient for heavy training.
This machine is quiet when walking. It generates a little of impact noise when running, but it isn’t suitable for running long distances or periods.
This treadmill folds up and locks into place when not in use. It makes it ideal for spaces like apartments or small areas.
For assembly of the 400i treadmill, it has got screws and bolts that need to be fixed. It also provides an Allen wrench to help, but you’ll also require your own tools to complete the process. It takes an hour to assemble completely.
What’s covered by the warranty?
The ProForm 400i Treadmill warranty includes:
- Frame: Lifetime
- Deck: Lifetime
- Motor: 25 years
- Parts: 1 Year
- Labor warranty: 1 year
The 400i treadmill is an entry-level model that includes some hi-tech, innovative features. It offers 10% incline and 10 mph max speed on a foldable treadmill.
With a cushioned deck, EKG heart rate sensors in the grip bar, you can get some low impact training on an affordable machine with the 400i. It is suitable for rehab and those who just want to have the option to walk indoors.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many preset programs does Smart Performance 400i have?
You get 50 built-in workouts designed by certified trainers. Its preset speeds, time, and incline will help you reach your maximum performance.
2. How can you play music on the 400i treadmill?
You can enjoy music while you workout with this 400i. It features a sound system on the console of decent quality. You can plug in your iPod using AUX directly into the machine.
3. Does Proform offer any guarantee on this treadmill?
ProForm provides a 30-day money-back guarantee on this 400i treadmills. Proform offers a lifetime on frame, and 1-year parts and labor.