ProForm Smart Performance 600i Treadmill
Built For Runners Who Want: Robust treadmill at an affordable price that offers plenty of workout options.
- Impressive 0% decline to 12% incline range.
- 50 onboard workouts.
- 10 mph max speed.
- Built in fans and speakers.
- EasyLift Assist allows you to fold it up and roll it.
- 10” HD color touchscreen.
- Speed and Incline at the touch of button.
Update: The ProForm Performance 600i Treadmill has been DISCONTINUED. We suggest considering the ProForm Smart Pro 9000.
Are you looking for a well-made treadmill with some of the best entertainment and fitness features? If yes, then this ProForm 600i indeed is the best economical option for you. As it comes with some of the upgraded added features like a new HD touchscreen, various in-built programs, and an iFit Coach subscription for one year to access more programs.
It is a top-rated treadmill for indoor workouts that’ll save your home’s space with its folding size. An incline range that could be maxed out 10% combined with a total speed of 12 mph makes it a perfect choice to get. Even if you like longer strides, this machine can offer you enough running area causing no restriction throughout the exercises.
Furthermore, the machine’s console is well designed to give you information regarding incline, heartbeat rate, distance, speed, etc. To make the adjustment easier, it comes equipped with quick control buttons. It is the best treadmill for walkers and joggers.
Let’s get into its in-depth review to know more about its features.
ProForm Smart Performance 600i Treadmill Review: First Impressions
|Smart Performance 600i Treadmill Specifications|
|Incline / Decline Range||+10% incline, 0% decline|
|Running Area||18″ x 55″|
|Top Speed||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Heartbeat Monitoring||EKG Grip Pulse Sensor|
|Footprints||33.5″ x 69.8″ x 56.42″|
|Cooling Fans||Yes (CoolAire)|
|Warranty||Lifetime (frame), 2 yrs (motor parts), Labor (1 yr)|
Reasons To Buy
- EasyLift Assist option for easy folding and unfolding.
- iFit Coach membership free for one year.
- Adjustable tablet holder.
- Shock absorption systems provide comfort while running, jogging, or walking.
- A wide running area with a cooling fan.
- Quick and easy to access control panel.
- Easy incline and decline option.
- Built-in speakers with auxiliary input.
- Durable and thick cushioned deck.
Reasons To Avoid
- Simple display.
- Shorter arms.
This is a basic-range treadmill from a very well-known brand. The affordable design and unique fitness features make this treadmill an excellent choice for home fitness enthusiasts and home gyms. The ProForm treadmill comes equipped with special programs and features that make it compatible with various workout styles.
- Motor: It comes with a 2.5 CHP motor that can power you through your workouts. Also, you can change speeds and inclines without wobbling.
- Touchscreen Display: It comes with a 10-inch touchscreen that gives high-definition clarity when working out. You can also access workout metrics regarding the number of steps, how much distance covered, incline range, how much calories burned, speed, and pulse rate.
- Cushioning: It features four shock absorbers in the advanced ProShox Cushioning system to run, jog, or walk with support and comfort. The deck is cushioned and sports a thick and durable tread belt.
- Solid Built: It isn’t a commercial-grade treadmill that still has a very sturdy built that won’t shake when you want to move faster than walking. With this sturdy, compact treadmill under your feet, you won’t have to worry as you workout.
- Program Variety: ProForm offers a wide range of in-built workout programs. It offers 50 programs that allow for a wide variety of exercises to help you reach your ideal fitness level.
- Folding Design: You can fold this treadmill easily thanks to EasyLift Assist technology built into it.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: With pulse rate analysis, you can easily define the heartbeat rate zones and design the workouts based on that. The Pulse EKG sensor is located on a hand grip for easy pulse measurement.
- iFit Subscription: With iFit, you can connect with various exercise programs as well as other benefits. It is known for its ability to use Google Maps to offer you a feeling of training in the real world.
- Warranty: ProForm gives a good warranty period. When it comes to frames, you have a lifetime warranty. It offers a one-year labor warranty and two-year parts.
With the ProForm smart treadmill 600i, you will get the strength to walk, jog, or run even in an indoor place and outdoors. This machine is capable of easy moving. The design of the frame lets you easily fold the machine and move anywhere you want.
This treadmill is not designed for commercial use still features an extremely sturdy construction. The deck can support a max weight of up to 300 lbs, decent for a treadmill in this price range. It is a heavy machine, weighing close to 200 pounds, which means it is stable fitness equipment.
It has a space-saver folding design, so you can store it off when not in use. Its folding system consists of a hydraulic piston that assists you with the unfolding of the deck. Furthermore, the rear part of the front base features a set of small wheels. So you can relocate it when its deck is folded up.
When it comes to dimensions, this treadmill doesn’t take much floor space when unfolded. It’s 69.8″ long and 3.5″ wide; thus, it is the right choice for small apartments.
It uses a 2-ply belt, resistant to stretching, that should last for many years. It has 1.9″ balanced and precision machine rollers with sealed ball bearings. Moreover, its 18″ x 55″ surface make sure that you have about that much space to walk, run, or jog easily. Deck surface affects the comfort level more than any other feature. If you are 6 feet tall, you shouldn’t consider this because running it could be tight for tall users. A running deck of 18″ x 55″ should be perfect for shorter users.
The motor of ProForm is designed for heavy use with continuous duty power that can last without heating or slowing down even during the long run workouts. It generates smooth, balanced motion with a robust feel.
It provides a speed range between 0.5 mph to 10mph. You can alter the speed in increments of 0.1 to 0.5 mph. Moreover, the motor itself is pretty quiet.
There is a CoolAire workout fan mounted under the console. It can keep you cool throughout the workout period. And it offers two-speed settings for controlling the Air Flow.
With a space-saving design, this treadmill gives you a lot of comforts. You can quickly move it and store it anywhere.
With the help of an easy-lift assist tool, folding the treadmill is way much more accessible. This feature makes this treadmill best for home-workout.
The treadmill offers you extra space for keeping your tablet while watching workout sessions. The desk has a great area that lets you keep the giant tablet with ease.
When it comes to treadmills, everyone looks for comfort.
First, it should be smooth to run. Continued use of the treadmill is not good as it hurts the joints at some point.
And this treadmill solves this problem with its 3 ProShox cushioning holds. It absorbs the 25% of workout impact.
Preset Workouts Programs
This treadmill is backed with 50 onboard workout programs. Even if you select to out of iFit membership, these training programs will be enough to provide you decent workout experience. Professional personal trainers design these. iFit is jam-packed with thousands of on-demand workouts and interactive courses that run you through various paths and trails.
Travel the world with iFit coach
With iFit Google Map Integration, you can choose a specific destination all over the world. If you want to run along the shores of Hawaii or jog through the Cascade range, iFit lets you do that.
The ProForm Smart Performance treadmill automatically adjusts its incline depending on your chosen terrain. It is the best option if you enjoy some scenic and challenging routes at home.
With the Proform 600i treadmill, you get a large 10″ bright HD touchscreen. You can see your workout progress in full color with a swipe of your finger.
Moreover, this 600i is iFit enabled. You can access the app directly from your console, browse unlimited training material, or even challenge other iFit users for more simulating sessions.
You can change the speed controls using the numbered keys or the (+/-) keys on the console.
If you use the +/-, you can change the speed by 0.1%, i.e., 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, etc. If you use the number keys, the rate will vary by whole numbers, i.e., 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, etc.
Listening to music while running make your experience more entertaining. Its 2″ speakers are loud enough to enjoy music. The sound is pretty clear up to the mid-range volume, but the sound loses quality as you turn up the volume. Also, it comes with a facility to attach the iPod or MP3 players.
By having the ProForm 600i in your home to support your overall health, you can more easily maintain a healthy lifestyle, from your physical fitness to your mental health.
Along with health benefits, it is an easy treadmill to add to any home. It has a compact frame and folding technology that makes it easy to fold up and unfold when you want to use it.
There is plenty of exercise options on this treadmill that can help keep it from becoming a large coat rack. Its high quality, durable material can last up to years.
Heart Rate Monitor
Treadmills by this well-known brand come equipped with fantastic quality heart rating technology that keeps you updated about your heart pulse flow.
Thanks to the EKG Grip sensor that tells you all your report on the screen. The sensor is located on the handlebars.
Also, you can even buy a Bluetooth-based chest heart band to run hassle-free on the treadmill.
Incline and Step-up Height
This personal trainer does have a motorized incline that goes up to 10% in adjustment increments of 1%. This feature can help you improve your workout spectrum and intensity to add to your jogging or running exercises.
The Step-up height is 7″ at 0% incline and will raise a few inches when the pitch is set at 10%. To avoid any ceiling height issues before ordering this, make sure that you add 14″-15″ to your height and compare the result with the ceiling top of the room.
With this treadmill, you will get lots of control over speed and performance. The rate ranges from 0.5 to 10 Mph in which most people never need more than this.
However, the speed setting can be quickly done by its plus/minus keys on the console. You can change the speed by choosing the number keys, i.e., 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, etc.
Or, if you use plus/minus signs, you can change the speed by 0.1 increases, i.e., 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc.
This Proform treadmill comes with parts, a manual, and tools like the hex key to adjust the drive belt. It provides the most straightforward user guide to assemble. The assembly of the machine is easy and doesn’t take much time. However, due to heavy-weight, transport and unboxing require 2 people.
The deck and motor are completely assembled and attached to the front part of the frame. You only require to add a treadmill’s vertical posts and connect the console. Follow the step-by-step guide, and you can begin working out with brilliant Smart Performance 600i instantly.
The belt doesn’t need any lubrication in maintenance, as it comes pre-lubricated with high-performance lubricants. However, after some time, it requires lubrication. Also, keep the running belt clean, free of dust and fiber that may be caught in the motor and damage.
What’s covered by the warranty?
- Frame: Lifetime
- Deck: Lifetime
- Labor: 1 year
- Motor: 25 years
- Parts: 2 Years
If you are smaller and searching for a high-tech console with plenty of workout programs to choose from, this Proform 600i is a good choice. Its 10″ touchscreen display and expansive workout library are perks you couldn’t easily find at this price range.
It is a good jumping-off point, but you’ll eventually want to step up to something a bit more heavy-duty if you catch the running bug. Overall, this treadmill is quite a versatile and budget-friendly machine that can come in handy to many people looking to develop a healthy and active lifestyle.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I Use ProForm 600i with or without iFit?
Yes, you can use this machine with or without an iFit membership. The iFit allows you to access hundreds of workouts and other features. You can also it in manual mode or take advantage of 50 built-in programs.
2. How Much Does 600i Treadmill Weigh?
It is about 225 lbs with a user weight capacity of 300 pounds.
3. How Many Workout Programs Does it support?
It comes with 50 different built-in workouts. Therefore you have a lot of ways to challenge yourself on this treadmill.
- Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill
- NordicTrack T 7.5 S Treadmill
- NordicTrack T 9.5 S Treadmill
- Precor TRM 211 Treadmill
- Precor TRM 445 Treadmill
- Precor TRM 835 Commercial Treadmill
- Proform 505 CST Treadmill
- Sole Fitness F65 Folding Treadmill
- Sole S77 Treadmill
- Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
- Xterra TRX2500 Treadmill