Sole F85 Treadmill
Built For Runners Who Want: quiet, powerful folding treadmill with simple features for home use.
- Incline range of 0% to +15%.
- Max speed of 12mph.
- Cushioned deck for comfortable footfalls.
- Heart Rate Mointoring.
- Bluetooth connects to multiple devices to stream media.
- User-friendly treadmill for your home-gym.
Sole F85 is one of the top-selling folding treadmills from Sole Fitness. This treadmill has everything a serious runner could expect for effective indoor training. It has a powerful motor, a large running area, and a fancy console. While other treadmills in this price range are upgraded with touchscreens, the F85 console remains simple. Thus, it is a perfect option for those who want a straightforward treadmill.
With a strong, sturdy heavy metal frame, the F85 has a high weight capacity. Further, it can hold up under heavy usage. Also, the taller users will feel comfortable running on F85 as the running surface is larger than most home treadmills. Not only this, the powerful machine with 4.0 CHP will certainly be enough to meet the demands of hardcore runners.
So, if you are the one who loves to run and push yourself to the limits, then go for this treadmill without a second thought. Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of this Sole treadmill and help you decide the right choice.
Sole Fitness F85 Folding Treadmill Review: First Impressions
|Sole F85 Treadmill Specifications|
|Speed||0.5 – 12 MPH|
|Running Area||22″ x 60″|
|Weight Capacity||400 lbs|
|Dimensions||37″ x 80.5″ x 56″|
|Incline/Decline Range||0% – 15%|
|Heart Rate||Pulse grip and chest strap compatible|
|Suitable For||Walkers, Joggers, Runners|
|Warranty||Lifetime (Frame and motor) | Parts – 5 years | Labor – 2 years|
Reasons To Buy
- Folding deck for easy storage and space-saving.
- 4.0 CHP powerful motor.
- Cushion Flex whisper deck.
- Bluetooth technology.
- Built-in MP3 compatible speakers.
- High-resolution display.
- Easy to move with transport wheels.
- Chest strap for heart rate training programs.
- Device holder on the console for personal device.
Reasons To Avoid
- Assembly process is a bit tricky.
- Large footprints when unfolded.
- Motor: It features a club-quality 4.0 CHP motor for quiet performance. The motor is strong enough and has light commercial quality. Also, the motor delivers a running speed of 0.5 mph to 12 mph that supports long-running distance without stops.
- Foldable design: The F85 treadmill is easy to fold that can be folded with a press of a button. Also, it saves storage space and can be moved to other rooms easily. It uses hydraulic easy-assist folding technology to fold and unfold the frame.
- Running Deck: The dimensions of the running surface are 22″ by 60″ and comes with two extra inches of width. Users can swing their arms freely while using the machine. Apart from this, it comes with the longest commercial size two-ply belt and 2.75″ rollers. This promotes the machine life while resulting in quiet operation.
- Incline/Decline: It boasts a +15% incline that will engage your glutes and hamstrings throughout training. The F85 maintains and holds the deck steady at a steep incline. Its multiple speed combination options and inclined range gives variability in any training regimen.
- Cushioning: It comes with Cushion Flex Whisper running surface that reduces the joint shock and impact up to 40%. This feature helps to make exercise gentle on joints and the body.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: It comes with hand pulse grips and is compatible with chest straps that calculate the heart rate monitor based on age, gender, and other variables. The collected data and feedback can be stored and transferred to a smartphone for regular monitoring.
- Audio and Bluetooth technology: The F85 treadmill comes with an MP3 playable port and built-in speakers compatible with MP3. Moreover, it supports Bluetooth technology through which Bluetooth-enabled devices can be connected. This feature makes it convenient to enjoy your favorite music while working out.
Design & Comfort
The frame of the Sole F85 folding treadmill is solid and well built. Sole doesn’t compromise in its build quality. The treadmill leads the pack with steel support beams, cross rails, uprights, and handrails. Also, this workout equipment makes less noise when inclining dues to its solid construction.
It has a 60 inches long and 22 inches wide deck area that provides a good running surface. The only downside is the large motor hood at the front of the deck that is placed high up off the belt, and if you run too close to the console, it gets in your way. The motor is situated on the front end of the deck, but a lower profile cover would help reduce foot impact while running.
Also, the 2-ply belt has a textured surface that feels supportive underfoot. Also, it doesn’t generate a slapping sound underfoot, and the belt nestles against the side rails as it moves.
It has a 4.0 CHP motor that will support heavy training, interval work, and intense conditioning. It won’t overheat and offers smooth & quiet performance. The motor is so quiet, and you don’t notice the noise as the deck inclines and declines.
Speed adjustments are easy, so you don’t require to hold on or brace yourself as the belt changes speed when adjusting pace. It provides much power for a good pace, multiple incline changes, and consistent running speed underfoot.
It has a Cushion Flex Deck designed to reduce the impact on knees and joints by 40%. Compared with outside running, the F85 provides a great improvement over the shock impact of concrete or asphalt. Thus no matter how fast running you want, the comfort cushioning lets you run smoothly with each step.
Preset Workouts Programs
The Sole F85 features 10 in-built workouts. It includes six standard workout programs for cardio and fat burning, two for custom workouts, and two heart programs. You can set the duration or time length for these pre-set programs as per your workout plan.
The on-board workout programs make fitness sessions comfortable and convenient as they are set to result in weight loss, fat burning, cardio training, stamina building and muscle toning.
- Manual Program – Enter your age, weight and how long you want to workout to use this workout program.
- Hill Program: It focuses on hill training. Enter age, user weight, desired workout duration and max speed you require for a hill workout. It generates a hill program from users personal parameters.
- Fat Burn: It focuses on fat burning. This program also generates a fat burning program from personal parameters.
- Cardio Program: This program is designed to increase cardiovascular function and endurance. You can customize the program by adjusting the parameters.
- Strength Program: It is designed to enhance muscular strength in the lower body.
- Interval: It delivers intervals of high and low speed of intensity.
You can create two user profiles to store the data of two different users. This will be helpful, and you don’t have to input your information every time you want to work out.
It comes with a 10.1″ TFT LCD that is mounted in the console. This touchscreen display makes it easy to make all selections during workouts. It is well-positioned and easy to see in the centre of the console. Below this, there are incline and speed buttons. The buttons for speed are 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9 and 12 mph. Also, the incline buttons include 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15.
Apart from this, there are buttons on handrails. There are incline buttons on the left and speed buttons on the right handlebar. These buttons are well-positioned for quick toggling. However, they also get in the way and can be a problem if you grab the bar and hit a speed button.
- Fans: There is a fan located at the top of the console. It has only one speed that can make it less effective at cooling. You can angled up or down depending on the user’s need.
- Speakers: There are speakers located above water bottle holders on either side of the treadmill console. Its sound quality is crisp and great.
- Tablet Holder: A device holder above the console makes it easy to run a cardio program on a treadmill while watching video on your phone or tablet. Its adjustable clip holds the devices securely.
The F85 is powerful and quiet fitness machine. It performed well when we tested it. This treadmill is suitable for runners and walkers of various sizes and weights, and there is no lag in motor power or limitations during use. Besides, the machine is sturdy, and you can use it for intervals, sprints, and longer runs without any problem.
This treadmill features a maximum of +15% incline. The incline training helps strengthen hamstrings and glutes to offset quad dominance. Also, it facilitates muscular balance in the lower body. Furthermore, it provides incline variability for severe training and prevents overuse injuries, and ensures muscular balance. However, it doesn’t offer decline options still allows you to sit slightly lower on the floor.
The Sole F85 has an 8-inch deck height at 0% grade, making it easy to step on and off. Overall, the good quality construction with impressive speed and incline options delivers powerful exercise equipment.
This treadmill excels with noise control and features a smooth motor, soft belt and great engineering. It runs smoothly and sits closer to the ground, which seems to help with noise absorption.
The Sole F85 treadmill comes with a user manual with detailed instructions. Also, there are few videos on the Sole Fitness website that will help you to complete the assembly process. However, assembly isn’t so simple and needs a team effort of two to three people. If you need assistance in installation, you can make a separate booking, and an assembly provider will come and help in the process.
What’s covered by the warranty?
Sole Fitness provides an excellent warranty period that ensures lifetime protection to the machine:
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty on motor, frame and deck.
- Parts and Services: 5 years warranty on electronics and a two years labor warranty.
Further, Sole Fitness provides 30-day money-back if returned within 30 days from the date of purchase.
It is one of the best folding treadmills in the Sole lineup. Heavier users can use this treadmill in comfort as it has a user weight capacity of up to 400 pounds. Plus, the new touchscreen console is amazing, and they also added some entertainment apps. However, there have been few complaints about little glitches with the software.
If you are a serious runner and plan on doing a lot of running on your home treadmill, then yes, it is a great option. However, if you are a casual runner and runs a few times a week, you may want to save money and consider the Sole F80. Overall, it is the best home treadmill under $2000.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between the Sole F80 and F85?
The Sole F80 has a motor of 3.5 CHP rating, while Sole F85 has a 4.0 CHP powerful motor. The F85 has a high weight capacity at 400 lbs, whereas Sole F80 is 375 lbs.
2. How Do you Fold the F85 treadmill?
It has a folding deck that you can raise up and latch into place. Then pull the lever to release the deck. It safely locks into an erect position with an Easy Folding deck design.
3. What is the measurement of the deck to the floor, when the treadmill isn’t set with an incline?
The measurement from the floor to the top of the running deck is 7 7/8 inches on this treadmill.
- Bowflex BXT116 Treadmill
- NordicTrack T 7.5 S Treadmill
- NordicTrack T 9.5 S Treadmill
- Precor TRM 211 Treadmill
- Precor TRM 445 Treadmill
- Precor TRM 835 Commercial Treadmill
- Proform 505 CST Treadmill
- Sole Fitness F65 Folding Treadmill
- Sole S77 Treadmill
- Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
- Xterra TRX2500 Treadmill