XTERRA Fitness is an affordable treadmill that is great for basic walking, jogging, or running. Its components are of excellent quality and backed with factory direct treadmill sale with free parts replacement and in-home repair.
However, it isn’t a commercial-grade machine but does have pretty sturdy construction. It provides speed up to 10 mph and an incline system.
This entry-level treadmill is the best value for lighter exercise. It’ll help you burn extra calories, increase strength and stamina, and make you healthier. Moreover, it combines the quality and performance you desire with the flexibility of a treadmill that can be easily folded up.
XTERRA Fitness TR150 Review: First Impressions
|Weight Capacity: 250lbs||Incline: 3-levels|
|Motor: 2.25 CHP||Number of Programs: 12|
|Speed: 0.5-10 MPH||Cushioning: XTRASoft|
|Belt: 50″x16″||Display: 5″ LCD|
- XTRAsoft cushioning that helps impact injuries from occurring.
- Direct Access Speed Keys.
- Convenient accessory trays built on the dashboard
- Assembly is quick and simple.
- There is a tablet holder on the console so that you can listen to music or watch a video.
- Features folding deck that makes it great for storing in small spaces.
- Speed Adjustment increments of 0.1 MPH.
- Track function for the distance that counts the laps you have completed.
- It offers three manually adjustable incline options.
- It doesn’t support Bluetooth Connectivity.
XTERRA Fitness TR150: Detailed Features
- Workout Space: This Xterra treadmill meets the standard track dimensions for residential models. It has a 50″ x 16″ running area.
- Cushioning: It has XTRASoft deck cushioning technology that provides multiple points of cushioning throughout the deck support system for maximum impact absorption.
- Folding frame: To help you maximize living space, this treadmill has a foldable design. It is easy to fold, and the hydraulics move the deck after you give a push.
- Two-ply Belt: The thickness of the treadmill belt can influence machine noise level and longevity. It is thick enough to support quiet machine performance.
- Incline Range: The Xterra TR150 treadmill has a power incline. It has three manual incline settings that allow for more workout varieties.
- Display: It features LED Screen that is really impressive. It has many options for jogging and running. Also, you can watch your calories, speed, and time.
- Workout Programs: Each console had a wide range of workout programs, including heart rate control, and lets you save customized routines. It also supports two user profiles.
- Speakers: It has a Smartphone compatible MP3 player jack and stereo speakers.
- Extras: There is a cooling fan and water bottle holder in the console.
Frame and Deck
The Xterra TR150 has a durable frame that is made of steel tubing. The side rail covers, motor cover, and the console dashboard are constructed from ABS plastic. Furthermore, the machine is designed to support users up to 250 lbs. Its all the steel parts within the frame feature a corrosion-resistant paint finish.
The Xterra TR150 isn’t as large as a commercial treadmill. However, it is still 63.4″ long and 28.75″ wide. It is recommended to leave at least two feet of clearance on each side, at least three feet of clearance at the rear and at least one at the front for safe operations.
It is equipped with a 2.25 HP motor. It can withstand prolonged jogging and running sessions at full speed. This machine comes with a small flywheel that stabilizes the rotation motion, rendering the movement of the belt much smoother.
It offers a speed between 0.5 mph to 10 mph. Moreover, There are quick speed adjustment keys on the console for one mph to 9 mph.
As it is a basic motor, its power consumption is also less. In other terms, if you use it daily, it shouldn’t add more than a few dollars to your electricity bill.
The Xterra TR150 treadmill’s deck comes completely assembled. Attach the side console masts, and join its wire. All this process shouldn’t take longer than 30 minutes.
Moreover, all the assembly instructions are clearly given in the manual. The tools for assembly are also included.
In terms of maintenance, lubricate the belt after every 40 hours of use. Its console has a lube notification function that reminds you to lubricate your belt.
Also, kept the belt clean to prevent any foreign objects from being dragged into the motor or rollers and cause damage. Check the machine for loose bolts or broken parts periodically.
And the last is its XTRASoft deck that reduces the sound of your body makes as you run, jog or walk on your treadmill. This cushioning is better for your joints and a good way to reduce your risk of injury.
Preset Workouts Programs
This treadmill offers 12 preset programs, a manual program, and three manual incline options that bring a variety of your training routine.
- Its 12 preset programs will challenge you with interval training and speed.
- The preset workout programs are commonly interval-based. The speed varies in these programs every three minutes. You can increase/decrease according to your running goals.
- The manual section will allow you to customize your run, using the one-touch buttons increasing or decreasing your speed.
The large 5″ LCD display with large, easy to read digits can track time, speed, distance, calories, and pulse. While it doesn’t have Bluetooth and it is isn’t compatible with any online fitness app.
- There are English settings that are miles or MPH for speed and distance.
- The distance traveled is displayed as a race track on the left side of the screen. It counts the laps that you’ve completed, each lap being 1/4 miles.
- The console isn’t telemetric; thus, it can only read your pulse through the sensors integrated into the handlebars.
- It features START/STOP buttons. The stop button offers you the possibility to pause your workout if required. The pause can only be 5 minutes long. After 5-min the display will reset and return to the start-up mode.
- There is an accessory holder or table holder. It’ll hold your tablet, mp3 player, etc.
- Also, the dashboard has two molded, small compartments for several accessories.
- It doesn’t have a sound system, cooling fan, or USB charging port.
XTRASoft Cushion Deck
It features a cushioned deck. It ensures the rate of friction that occurs due to the relative content between the running belt and the deck is reduced. In fact, it makes it easy for operators to carry out their exercise with bare feet.
Incline and Step-up Height
It features a manual incline system which is similar to Weslo Crosswalk 5.2T. Its deck incline is built available by the adjustable rear stabilizers.
They can be easily locked into the desired position via a pop-in. The maximum incline level isn’t extreme. Three incline increments are approx 0.5°, 1°, and 2°. In treadmill reviews, even with two degrees of incline, you can add some difficulty to your ride to burn more calories.
Depending on the incline setting selected, the step-up height of the deck may vary. For instance, at 0° incline, the deck step-up height is 5.5″. With the rear down, it is only approx 4.0″. Therefore, it is recommended to place and use the machine in a room with a ceiling that is at least 10″ higher than your height.
Another important consideration is the noise your machine will make when you’re using and transporting it. This Xterra TR150 treadmill has some amazing noise-reduction features that keep your neighbors happy to keep your neighbors happy while you work out.
Its motor is a quiet 2.25 HP motor that is designed to reduce noise and vibration. Moreover, it has wheels to assist with transporting the treadmill when you are done with your workout.
This Xterra TR150 helps you save space in three ways – foldable deck design, wheels for portability, and a smaller frame and tread belt size. Its foldable design allows you to fold your running deck into an upright position.
Since this treadmill can easily fit in small spaces, it’s suitable for apartments.
What’s covered by the warranty?
- Frame: lifetime
- Motor: 1 year
- Parts and Labor warranty: 90 days
The factory-direct Xterra cardio trainers have a 60-day money-back guarantee.
XTERRA Fitness is a top recommendation for users seeking low priced tag. This entry-level TR150 is a much lighter duty cardio trainer. It helps the user to accomplish their fitness goals without taking up an enormous amount of space.
The motor fitted has a power capacity of 2.25 HP, which isn’t the fastest for heavy-duty running but above average for exercise equipment of this price. The frame is foldable and durable for a light capacity machine, that is being able to hold users up to 250 pounds.
Overall in treadmill reviews, it is an excellent machine for light to medium cardio workouts, weight loss, muscle toning, intervals, and stamina development.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the folded dimensions of this Xterra TR150 treadmill?
It measures 28.5 (L) x 28.75 (W) x 61 (H) inches.
2. How should you incline this treadmill?
Look at the side of the base. There is a lock to a particular hole despite there more. Then remove the lock and raise the base to your desired height and insert the lock into the hole.
3. Can you use this treadmill flat without inclination?
No, the three inclinations are not too different from using it flat.