Are you looking for a well balanced, simple to use and maintain treadmill at an affordable price? Then this XTERRA TR300 treadmill for you. It is a high grade, sturdy, durable, and easy to use treadmill that offers a great workout for all the members of your family.
It comes with a foldable design and many modern and user-friendly features. Sturdily built, the TR300 treadmill is built with a heavy gauge welded steel frame and supports a user weight capacity up to 300 lbs.
You can use its dual-mounted MP3 compatible speakers by plugging in your music player with a headphone jack into the audio jack on the control panel. XTERRA Fitness TR300 treadmill keeps distracted and motivated. You can walk, run or jog and burn calories and fat.
In this treadmill review, we covered up features, pros & cons, built quality, and console layout.
XTERRA Fitness TR300 Folding Treadmill Review: First Impressions
|Weight Capacity: 300lbs||Incline: 10 levels|
|Motor: 2.25 CHP||Number of Programs: 24|
|Speed: 0.5-10 MPH||Cushioning: XTRASoft|
|Belt: 55″x20″||Display: 5″ LCD|
What We Like
- XTRA Soft Shock Absorption Deck.
- It comes with an integrated audio jack and speakers.
- Sturdy frame construction and support users up to 300 lbs.
- Incline with a range between 0% to 10%.
- EGK pulse sensors in handlebars.
- Incline and speed control built-in the handlebars.
- It offers 24 preset programs.
- Folding deck with soft drop mechanism.
- Includes sound system, cooling fan, accessory trays, and tablet holder.
- It is easy to assemble.
What We Didn’t Like
- Its cooling fan isn’t powerful enough.
- No online connectivity.
- Design: Customer reviews of XTERRA treadmills state that the machines look better than expected. The TR300 frames have a brushed silver or neck color instead of being all basic black.
- Workout-Space: It has a 55″ x 20″ workout area, and the higher models have 60″ x 20″ tracks to provide long-running strides.
- 2-ply Exercise belts: The thickness of the belt can influence the treadmill’s noise level and longevity. Its belt is thick enough to support quiet machine operation.
- Heart Rate monitoring: It is compatible with chest straps for wireless heart rate monitoring. Also, it includes contact sensors built into its crossbar.
- Cushioning: It features XTRASoft cushioning system. It consists of various internal shock absorption elements and one large, visible cushion on each side of the deck.
- Workout Programs: Its console features 24 preset, one manual, and one heart rate controlled program. Its HRC program requires you to use the sensors integrated into the unit’s handgrips.
- Power Incline: It offers 10 incline ranges from 0% to 10%. These incline increments are 1%. You can select 3, 6, or 9 incline settings from the quick keys on the console.
Frame and Deck
This heavy-duty treadmill combines steel and ABS parts in its construction. Its base frame is steel made and rated for users up to 300 lbs. Its side rail covers, motor covers, and the console dashboard are made of ABS plastic.
Also, the steel bars are coated with corrosion-resistant and chip-resistant paint finish. It measures 72.2″ long, and 35″ wide. It is recommended to allow at least 3/12′ of clearance at the rear of the deck and at least 2′ of clearance on each side of the deck for easy access.
Its deck provides a running surface of 55″ x 20″ (140 x 51cm). It is enough for users up to 6’2″-6’3″, allows a complete stride and range of motion. The deck is built with a 2-ply, 1.6mm rubber belt that offers excellent adherence.
The deck is foldable, and you can lift it up & lock it in an upright position. It reduces the depth by 50% offering better storage possibilities.
The machine is fully assembled and a bit heavy. It weighs 207.2 pounds (94 kg). Therefore, transport and assembly require at least two people. Once it is assembled, it can easily be moved by only one person.
Moreover, its impressive weight offers excellent stability. The rear base features two adjustable stabilizers while the front metallic base frame section rests on a set of rubberized pads.
It is equipped with a similar motor to the TR150. It features a 2.25 HP motor that is designed to offer both walking and mid-range running speeds. However, it’s not a super powerful motor. It can withstand prolonged jogging or running sessions. There is a small flywheel for improved belt stability and reduced vibration. It offers a speed range between 0.5 MPH and 10 MPH.
Its speed adjustment increments are 0.1 MPH. Therefore, the transition between levels is done smoothly and gives the possibility to adjust the pace with ease. Overall, it is fairly quiet and doesn’t generate a lot of noise when in use. However, when running at a higher speed, incline the thumping of your cadence will be heard.
Preset Workouts Programs
Its console holds a wide range of programs, including one with heart rate control and also lets users save customized routines. This XTERRA TR300 treadmill comes with 24 preset workouts that control the speed and incline.
- Its default workout program length is 30 minutes.
- There is a remote control located on the handlebars for adjusting speed and incline.
- These preset programs are interval based.
- Its manual section allows you to customize your run using one-touch buttons.
It features a 5.5″ LCD display console with blue LED backlit and large digits for superior readability. It doesn’t have Bluetooth connectivity and not suitable for any fitness apps. It provides 24 preset workout programs and an HRC program to keep you motivated.
Its program from P1 to P24 are all preset. They have various segment grids to fit different types of workout.
- The first 14 programs control speed and program from P15 to P24 also control the incline.
- It’s every program has a suggestive icon engraved on the console.
- The HRC program needs you to use the sensors integrated into the treadmill’s handgrips. You can choose the duration and a target heart rate for it.
- Its display tracks the workout metrics. It shows distance, speed, time, distance, incline, pulse, and calories.
- It isn’t telemetric and can read only your pulse through the treadmill’s sensor. It can’t communicate with a chest strap.
- There are two bottle holders molded into the dashboard.
- Its tablet holder consists of a small shelf above the controls.
- The cooling fan is situated at the bottom of the dashboard.
- Its sound system consists of two speakers, one on each side of the display. This sound system is fitted with any MP3 player, phone, or tablet that you can connect to via cable on the AUX port.
It features XTRASoft cushioning system. It absorbs the impact as you walk, run, or jog and makes it easier on your body. Also, it features several internal shock absorption elements and large visible cushion on each side of the deck. It reduces up to 25% of the impact generated during each foot strike that leads to a more comfortable run.
Incline and Step-Up Height
It has a motorized incline system that is similar to XTERRA TRX2500. It can only be adjusted from the console or from controls integrated into its left grip. Moreover, the console has various workouts that automatically adjust the incline depending on the current segment.
It consists of a motor and a lift both placed at the front of the deck. When the incline level is adjusted, the motor activates the lift that elevates or lowers the front part of the deck.
There are 10 incline levels from 0% to 10%. With the incline set at 0%, the deck’s step-up height is 8″. It is recommended to use this machine in a room with ceiling height at least 15″.
Folding deck with:
- Lift Assist for ease of folding deck upwards.
- Safe Drop to safely & slowly lower deck.
- Folded dimensions approx. 48.8″ long x 35″ wide x 61.6″ high.
Its running platform with two motors comes pre-assembled. You only require to attach the two front upright bars and the console. It only takes 30-40 minutes. Also, its manual offers clear assembly instructions.
What’s covered by the warranty?
- Frame and Motor: lifetime
- Parts and Labor Warranty: 1 year
This XTERRA TR300 is an affordable treadmill designed for home use. This mid-range machine comes with several latest features and an excellent warranty. It is perfect for running, walking, or jogging. Since it folds up, it is great for areas where you can’t leave the machine open at all times. Moreover, folding is easy due to its Lift Assist Hydraulic Lift System.
Its price seems fair, and the warranty offered is a lifetime for the motor and frame. However, it doesn’t feature some advanced features such as Bluetooth connectivity. Also, it doesn’t allow the user to run around using Google Maps, but it offers the means for the user to have good regular running cardio sessions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the dimensions of this Xterra TR300 treadmill?
It measures 72.2(L) x 35(W) x 54.1(H) inches.
2. How should you lubricate the belt and deck, and how often?
Don’t lubricate a treadmill with other than XTERRA Fitness approved lubricant. It includes one lubricant tube. Lubricate the deck every three months or 180 hours.