XTERRA Fitness TR300 Folding Treadmill
Built For Users Who Want: High grade machine with folding design designed for the home environment.
Amazon.com Price as of 2021-06-14
- 24 preset programs offer unmatched variety.
- 0-10% automatic incline settings.
- Large 5 inch LCD display is easy to read .
- Speed range 0. 5 -10 MPH.
- Quickly switch between speeds with a press of a button.
- Large 16″ x 50″ running surface.
- MP3 Compatible Speakers.
Are you looking for a well balanced, simple to use and maintain treadmill at an affordable price? Then this XTERRA TR300 treadmill for you. It is a high grade, sturdy, durable, and easy to use treadmill that offers a great workout for all the members of your family.
It comes with a foldable design and many modern and user-friendly features. Sturdily built, the TR300 treadmill is built with a heavy gauge welded steel frame and supports a user weight capacity up to 300 lbs.
You can use its dual-mounted MP3 compatible speakers by plugging in your music player with a headphone jack into the audio jack on the control panel. XTERRA Fitness TR300 treadmill keeps distracted and motivated. You can walk, run or jog and burn calories and fat.
In this treadmill write-up, we covered up features, pros & cons, built quality, and console layout.
XTERRA Fitness TR300 Folding Treadmill Review: First Impressions
Amazon.com Price as of 2021-06-14
|XTERRA TR300 Treadmill Specifications|
|Incline / Decline||10 levels|
|Running Area||20″ x 55″|
|Top Speed||0.5 – 10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Footprints||72.2″ L x 35″ W x 54.1″ H|
|Heart Rate Monitor||EKG Grip Pulse Monitoring|
|Warranty||lifetime (Frame, Motor), 1 year (Deck), 1 Year (other parts), 1 Year (labor).|
Reasons To Buy
- Handle bar speed.
- Easy assembly.
- Great Warranty.
- Direct speed/incline buttons.
- 10 Levels of power incline.
- EGK pulse sensors in handlebars.
- Sturdy frame construction.
- XTRA Soft Shock Absorber Deck.
Reasons To Avoid
- Weaker Motor.
- No Bluetooth.
The TR300 Home Treadmill is a good mid-range level treadmill. This treadmill features a 2.25 HP Motor, Folding deck, 24 workout programs includes 1 manual, 1 heart rate and the rest are preset. It’s the most affordable model and well built too.
- Design: Customer reviews of XTERRA treadmills state that the machines look better than expected. The TR300 frames have a brushed silver or neck color instead of being all basic black.
- Workout-Space: It has a 55″ x 20″ workout area, and the higher models have 60″ x 20″ tracks to provide long-running strides.
- 2-ply Exercise belts: The thickness of the belt can influence the treadmill’s noise level and longevity. Its belt is thick enough to support quiet machine operation.
- Heart Rate monitoring: It is compatible with chest straps for wireless heart rate monitoring. Also, it includes contact sensors built into its crossbar.
- Cushioning: It features XTRASoft cushioning system. It consists of various internal shock absorption elements and one large, visible cushion on each side of the deck.
- Workout Programs: Its console features 24 preset, one manual, and one pulse rate controlled program. Its HRC program requires you to use the sensors integrated into the unit’s handgrips.
- Power Incline: It offers 10 incline ranges from 0% to 10%. These incline increments are 1%. You can select 3, 6, or 9 incline options from the quick keys on the console.
It is one the XTERRA Fitness’s more affordable folding treadmill. This treadmill machine is a nice choice for people looking for a respectable treadmill that takes it easy on the budget. It is a strong and durable model that comes with a powerful motor.
Frame and Deck
This heavy-duty treadmill combines steel and ABS parts in its construction. Its base frame is steel made and rated for users up to 300 lbs. Its side rail covers, motor covers, and the console dashboard are made of ABS plastic.
Also, the steel bars are coated with corrosion-resistant and chip-resistant paint finish. It measures 72.2″ long, and 35″ wide. It is recommended to allow at least 3/12′ of clearance at the rear of the deck and at least 2′ of clearance on each side of the deck for easy access.
Its deck provides a running surface of 55″ x 20″ (140 x 51cm). It is enough for users up to 6’2″-6’3″, allows a complete stride and range of motion. The deck is built with a 2-ply, 1.6mm rubber belt that offers excellent adherence.
The deck is foldable, and you can lift it up & lock it in an upright position. It reduces the depth by 50% offering better storage possibilities.
The machine is fully assembled and a bit heavy. It weighs 207.2 pounds (94 kg). Therefore, transport and assembly require at least two people. Once it is assembled, it can easily be moved by only one person.
Moreover, its impressive weight offers excellent stability. The rear base features two adjustable stabilizers while the front metallic base frame section rests on a set of rubberized pads.
It is equipped with a similar motor to the TR150. It features a 2.25 HP motor that is designed to offer both walking and mid-range running speeds. However, it’s not a super powerful motor. It can withstand prolonged jogging or running sessions. There is a small flywheel for improved belt stability and reduced vibration. It offers a speed range between 0.5 MPH and 10 MPH.
Its speed adjustment increments are 0.1 MPH. Therefore, the transition between levels is done smoothly and gives the possibility to adjust the pace with ease. Overall, it is fairly quiet and doesn’t generate a lot of noise when in use. However, when running at a higher speed, incline the thumping of your cadence will be heard.
With this treadmill, you can conveniently control your speed. It is suitable for walking, running and jogging. It provides great comfort to our hands with the handlebar mounted speed and incline control. They are right where you need them for a comfortable and secure workout.
It features XTRASoft cushioning system. It absorbs the impact as you walk, run, or jog and makes it easier on your body. Also, it features several internal shock-absorber elements and a large visible cushion on each side of the running deck. It reduces up to 25% of the impact generated during each foot strike, leading to a more comfortable run.
The built-in fan helps to keep you comfortable during more strenuous workouts and gives you more energy and passion for performing different workouts without any hassle.
The handlebar mounted speed and incline control to provide you with a secondary location to change your workout intensity.
Preset Workout Programs
Its console holds a wide range of programs, including one with pulse rate control and also lets users save customized routines. This XTERRA TR300 treadmill comes with 24 preset workouts that control the speed and incline.
- Its default workout program length is 30 minutes.
- There is a remote control located on the handlebars for adjusting speed and incline.
- These preset programs are interval-based.
- Its manual section allows you to customize your run using one-touch buttons.
It features a 5.5″ LCD display console with blue LED backlit and large digits for superior readability. It doesn’t have Bluetooth connectivity and not suitable for any fitness apps. It provides 24 preset programs and an HRC program to keep you motivated.
Its program from P1 to P24 are all preset. They have various segment grids to fit different types of workouts.
- The first 14 programs control speed and program from P15 to P24 also control the incline.
- It’s every program has a suggestive icon engraved on the console.
- The HRC program needs you to use the sensors integrated into the treadmill’s handgrips. You can choose the duration and a target pulse rate for it.
- Its display tracks the workout metrics. It shows distance, speed, time, distance, incline, pulse, and calories.
- It isn’t telemetric and can read only your pulse through the treadmill’s sensor. It can’t communicate with a chest strap.
- There are two bottle holders molded into the dashboard.
- Its tablet holder consists of a small shelf above the controls.
- The cooling fan is situated at the bottom of the dashboard.
- Its sound system consists of two speakers, one on each side of the display. This sound system is fitted with any MP3 player, phone, or tablet that you can connect to via cable on the AUX port.
It has a motorized incline system that is similar to XTERRA TRX2500. It can only be adjusted from the console or from controls integrated into its left grip. Moreover, the console has various workouts that automatically adjust the incline depending on the current segment.
It consists of a motor and a lift both placed at the front of the deck. When the incline level is adjusted, the motor activates the lift that elevates or lowers the front part of the deck.
There are 10 incline levels from 0% to 10%. With the incline set at 0%, the deck’s step-up height is 8″. It is recommended to use this machine in a room with a ceiling height at least 15″.
Folding deck with:
- Lift-Assist for ease of folding deck upwards.
- Safe Drop to safely & slowly lower deck.
- Folded dimensions approx. 48.8″ long x 35″ wide x 61.6″ high.
XTERRA does a great job of making the setup process for the TR300 as painless as possible. There are only five steps to finish and step 5 includes plugging the machine in.
Its running platform with two motors comes pre-assembled. You only require to attach the two front upright bars and the console. It only takes 30-40 minutes. Also, its manual offers clear assembly instructions.
This XTERRA TR300 is an affordable treadmill designed for home use. This mid-range machine comes with several latest treadmill features and an excellent warranty. It is perfect for running, walking, or jogging. Since it folds up, it is great for areas where you can’t leave the machine open at all times. Moreover, folding is easy due to its Lift Assist Hydraulic Lift System.
Its price seems fair, and the warranty offered is a lifetime for the motor and frame. However, it doesn’t feature some advanced features such as Bluetooth connectivity. Also, it doesn’t allow the user to run around using Google Maps, but it offers the means for the user to have good regular running cardio sessions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the dimensions of this Xterra TR300 treadmill?
It measures 72.2(L) x 35(W) x 54.1(H) inches.
2. How should you lubricate the belt and deck, and how often?
Don’t lubricate a treadmill with other than XTERRA Fitness approved lubricant. It includes one lubricant tube. Lubricate the deck every three months or 180 hours.
3. Is Folding treadmill suitable for serious runners?
When many people think of a fold-up treadmill, they think of a space-saving machine that’s perfect for apartments, small rooms, offices or any other place with limited room. It’s a fold up treadmill that’s great for walking or running on for serious runners.